Chapter 3: System
140 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   LEVEL UP

"Hmm?"

   LEVEL UP

   LEVEL UP

   What the..? I was sleeping soundly… what is that loud sound??? On the other side though… my body no longer feels pain whenever I move, and the purple wound on my chest is… gone? Did I just imagine all of that..?

   LEVEL UP

   Oh yeah, I almost forgot, what's that sound? The voice was saying... Level Up?

   I opened my eyes and looked up. Then, I see that there’s a black window with the words [Level Up] and below the word [Level Up] there was also the word [Confirm].

   What the? A… level up window? aren't things like this in RPG and Fantasy games?

   I slowly reach the [Confirmation] button.

"…?!!"

   After I pressed the [Confirm] button, the black window widened, showing some new things.

"..."

   I saw some information about myself.

   What the… there’s a lot of information about… me..? what is the meaning of all this? Why do I have these game-like stats?

   I pressed the [?] Button to hopefully find my answers.

   Holy, there’s even more information.

"Hmm."

   What does it mean with the  [???] special skill? When I touch or try to use it there is no effect… I’m not gonna focus on that right now, it’s the least of my concern.

   [Magic]? Does it mean that there’s magic in this world? Like [Fireball] or [Ice Spear]? Why is my compatibility with other magic is non-existent besides [Void] magic? And ... it seems like I don't have magic at all, how do I even use it..?

   Then, why are my [Strength] and [Defense] low but my [Agility] and [Perception] are high? Is it possible because ...

   When I was still on earth, I was always targeted by the bullies. And, when Mika is not there to protect me, I usually run as fast as possible from people who threaten me… maybe that's the reason why I always become one of the first ones who finishes a jog test in P.E. Also, when I have no way to escape, I always hide from the Bullies who chased me. Eventually, I could find out where they were when they were looking for me and know when they left when they gave up to look for me.

"I’ll just put the points into [Agility]."

   Why did I put points on [Agility]?

  1. Because my other stats will probably take a long time to increase, I’ll just put my points into my most powerful stats, that is, [Agility] and [Perception].
  2. In my entire life, I’m always good at running away. Plus, Mika is not near me at all… so what I can do is to run for my life…

   Mika… where are you… you’re all good right..? I know you’re probably alright with your black belt, but… I’m still worried about you… just please, be safe…

"Mika ..."

Creak

   I heard the sound of the door opening, I immediately turned towards the door. And, what I saw was that little girl from yesterday.

   If I remember correctly, her name is... Ellie, right?

   Ellie approached me carefully.

"Uhmm. Are you feeling better..? "Ellie asked in a shy tone.

"Yes, I’m feeling pretty good..."

   God damn it. This is so awkward… she can’t even look at me in the face… to be honest, I can’t even look at her with a straight face. My god, Dian you’re such an idiot! Why do you have to touch her ears for too long?

“Uuhh… by the way…”

“Y… yes..?” Ellie said shyly with her head tucked down.

“I… I’m sorry for touching your ears…” I said slowly as I scratch my head.

“…i… it’s fine really… if you’re the one who…” Ellie said quietly while her face reddens by the minute.

“Hm? What was that?”

“!! N- nothing at all!” Ellie said with a heightened tone and a startled, red face.

   Ellie then quickly ran out of the room, 2x faster than our first meeting.

   Damn it… I want to speak to her more though…

“Brother…”

   Ellie’s voice was heard again, and I looked at the direction of the voice. I saw Ellie shyly peeked by the side of the door.

“Sister Clara told me to tell you that food is ready…” Ellie says slowly.

“O- of course! Thank you very much, Ellie!” I say with a smile.

“!!!”

   Ellie gasped with a very red face, then she quickly ran towards downstairs.

   I… wonder what’s wrong with Ellie… she doesn’t hate me, right..? why is she running away from me…

   I get up from the bed and I looked around for my school uniform. After a while, I found them inside the wardrobe that’s made from teak wood. My uniform looks and feels clean, ready to be worn.

“Did Clara wash my uniform..? it looks really clean than yesterday’s condition…”

   I wore my uniform, then I went downstairs.

“*Sniff*”

   I smelled an alluring scent for my stomach, a  scent that made my stomach crave for it.

“Oh, good morning, Dian!” Said the voice eagerly.

“Huh?”

   Snapped back from the delicious goodness of the smell by the voice, I looked at the direction of the voice, and I find Clara, cooking breakfast, looking at me with her warm smile.

   Clara still looks gorgeous as ever… she looks like an angel even when cooking… it’s really hard to look away from her pretty and charming face. She looks like she’s setting the dining table.

“Good… morning, Clara…”

“*giggle* Looks like you’re all cured and healthy again.” Clara said with a very sweet smile.

“Ummm… here, I’ll help with the dining room table!”

“Oh! You don’t have to! Wh- what if your sickness comes back again..? Clara said with a very worried and concerned face.

“C- Clara! It’s fine, really! You already nursed me back to health, gave me food, and you even wash my clothes… the least I can do is to help with the table...”

“But…” Clara said with full of worries.

“Don’t worry. I won’t fall sick again, I promise.” I said with a reassuring smile.

   After all. I don’t want to be a dead weight on anybody…

“I… I’ll feel guilty if I let such beauty do everything by herse-“

   Oh no, I-

“… if you say so…” Clara said slowly, with a nervous smile and a red face.

   I- I didn’t mean to hit on her! I just- my thoughts leaked to my mouth!

“Uhh- oh yea! Here, I’ll help with the pot!”

   Avoiding the awkward atmosphere, I hastily grabbed the pot by the table.

   What the? OUCH, IT BURNS!

   What’s with this pot?! I thought it’ll be in normal warmth. But, how did it get so scorchingly hot?? I don’t even see a stove anywhere on the table. Or maybe…

“Clara,” I called as I try really hard to withstand the burning pain on my palms.

“Mm? what’s wrong, Dian?” She replies with a curious face.

“Why is this pot so hot even though there’s no stove below it?”

“What? What’s a stove?” Clara said with a puzzled look.

   As I thought, I really am in another world. If Clara doesn’t even know a basic object such as a stove, she’s probably not even familiar with earth’s current technology. She is even confused with what I just said earlier.

“Ermm… nevermind that. Most importantly, how did this pot get so hot?”

“What are you talking about? Of course, I used my fire magic for it…” Clara said, looking even more puzzled.

“What? Fire Magic? Magic is real..?”

   I know I’m in a different world… and that I have a [Magic] stat in my info, but it still baffles me that magic does exist here…

“Dian… are you perhaps… don’t know magic..?” Clara said with a weird look on her face.

   Crap, I shouldn’t have gotten surprised there. Should I just play the ‘I lost my memory’ card? It’s probably the safest one to play…

“I… don’t know… I have the vaguest of memory of everything. I don’t even know how I even end up stranded in this forest…”

“M- my apology… I didn’t know you even lost your memory… but don’t worry, don’t hesitate to ask me what you need, okay?” Clara said apologetically and with a sympathetic look on her face.

   I… feel really bad fooling her… but, I don’t want to weird her out…

Growl

“Ahh…”

   I quickly try and hold my starving stomach.

“Hehehe, sounds like you’re famished, Dian. Let’s eat shall we.” Clara said with a cute giggle.

   This damned stomach. I felt embarrassed letting Clara hear that awful sound…

   Hmm?

   At a glance, I saw Ellie standing and peeking by a door frame across the dining room table with her gaze focused on me.

“Ellie?”

“!!!”

   Ellie panicked and hid behind the door.

“Umm…”

 “Ellie! It’s rude to keep hiding from Dian! Get over here and we’ll eat together.” Clara scolds Ellie with a peeved expression.

“Mmmm…” Ellie murmured, looking embarrassed.

   Ellie shows herself, then she slowly heads to the dining room table and sat on the chair across me. Ellie looked away from me with a pretty red face and frowned expression.

   Welp… I think Ellie doesn’t like me, she even looks away from me…

“Now that everyone’s ready, let’s feast!” Clara said cheerfully.

   Clara and I sat on our dining room chair, ready to feast.

“ᚻᛝ, ᛊᛋᚠ” Clara and Ellie whispered, joining their own two hands and started praying.

   Wha- what kind of language is that? Are they praying? I’ve never heard a language that sounds like that. Latin? Japanese? Chinese? All of them don’t fit what Clara and Ellie said.

“…”

   I started praying on my own.

“Okay, let us eat,” Clara said with a big smile.

“…”

   Ellie picked up her spoon and began eating, still avoiding me eye-to-eye.

“Let’s,” I said, picking up the wooden spoon in front of me.

   Let’s see what dish Clara prepared for us… Mashed potatoes with some sort of curry(?) sauce on top, minced meat that looks different from yesterday’s meal, some peas, and… small flowers neatly tied on the side? A flower that used in a dish..? is this some kinda seasoning to the dish or… well, I mean… it’s edible, but I think the pollen brings out the flavor that I seek in a dish.

   We enjoy our food in peace while hearing the chirps of birds, the wind blowing from outside, and the sun rays gently cloak our skins with natural warmth.

   I’m surprised… the atmosphere is soothing…

[Absorb] Activate

DING

“!!!”

   I got startled, almost dropping the wooden plate and hit the table.

   What the?! What was that sound? I did hear that right..? Clara and Ellie seem like they don’t notice the loud sound… they are still enjoying their foods…

   I then look up and saw a black window with some words on it.

   What is that?! [Stamina up], [Sticky Glue], and [Tough Skin]..? I also get 15 [EXP]?! What’s the meaning of this?

“Dian?”

“Huh?!” I yelped in surprise.

   Clara and Ellie looked at me with a confused look.

   They can’t see it..? they are even looking at me confusingly. They don’t seem to notice the black window up there…

“Is there anything wrong..? Clara asked worryingly.

  Ellie looks at me with a worryingly as well.

“Oh, Ummm… it’s nothing, I was just thinking about something. It’s a habit of mine to stare at the ceiling when I think about something…”

   Of course, It was a lie.

“Is that so?” Clara said in relief.

   Minutes later and we have finished eating.

   Clara then got up from her seat and starts to stack the empty and finished plates.

“I’ll go wash the dishes,” Clara said with a smile.

   Clara carried the wooden plates and started to walk to the other room.

“…”

   Ellie looked glad and smiles a little.

   This is the first time I’ve ever see her smile, even for a little. What’s more, is that she finally looks at me. She looks adorable.

“!!!...”

   Ellie realized that I stared at her back with an amused face, and she turned her head away with a blush on her face.

“What’s the matter, Ellie?” I said with a kind smile and a giggle.

“… nothing…” Ellie said quietly with a beet-red face.

   Ellie got up from her seat and started to sprint upstairs.

“Ellie, Wai-“

   Why did she… did I messed it up..? I should’ve believed what she said yesterday, now I’m sure that she hates me…

   Clara comes back to the dining room.

“Huh? Where’s Ellie?” Clara asked with a confused look on her face.

“She… went to her room I think..?”

   What do I do…

“Hey, you have nothing to worry about. Ellie is just shy with strangers.” Clara said with a warm smile.

“… is that so..?”

   I really can’t stay here for any longer, I’m sure that I’m only a burden by staying here any longer… I think I already prepared everything in my backpack, I’m planning to leave this house. But first, I’ll have to look around outside, assessing what the outside looks like in this world I’m in.

“Clara, do you mind if I look around outside? I want to get some fresh air.”

“Seriously?! O- okay… but, be careful out there, Dian.” Clara said with a worried face.

   Is the outside world that dangerous..? she looks concerned about it… is it because of my body? She’s probably still concerned with my well being. Well, that doesn’t matter.

   I got up from my seat and started to head to the door that leads outside.

   Mika is here, in this world… I… don’t want to make her wait… even if this frail body of mine gets harmed, I’ll still look for her. If she were to wait for me again… I’ll probably get murdered by her.

   I reached my hand to the doorknob.

   I’m feeling a little uneasy… what lies behind this door? This feeling of fear and excitement wells up inside me. Will there be a Dragon Slaying knight? A real Dragon? There will probably be plenty of unimaginable things in this world… but, no matter. I’m coming for you, Mika.

   I opened the doorknob, and step outside this Unknown World.

3