Chapter 7: Summoning of a Hero
107 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mika's POV

I want to establish what happened to her and this is her side of the whole situation.

   3 Days ago

   We ran and ran as fast as we could to the school, and luckily the school’s gate is still open.

   T- The gate is still opened!

“Haa… haa… we made it…” I said as I catch my breath.

“Yeah… what a miracle…” Dian said, not showing any short of breath after all of that running, instead, he looked rather relieved and glad.

“I wonder whose fault was it that I’m already running out of breath first thing in the morning…”

   Ugh… now I feel all hot and sweaty… all because of this dense idiot…

“I um… I said I was sorry…”

“Hmph! Not to mention P.E is my first period of today.” I said as I crossed both of my arms.

“I- I'll make it up to you! How about a pudding..?” He said as he begs desperately.

   Mhh… this idiot knows my weakness… he’s even that desperate… not fair… I can’t really be mad at him…

“… Fine…”

   Come to think of it, what time is it?

   I hurriedly checked my wristwatch and it is already 07:05.

“Oh, crap! P.E is about to start! I’ll see you at the usual place, Dian!” I said as I sprinted towards my class.

   P.E will start in 5 minutes! Why did he have to oversleep!

Time Skip: Afterschool

   That pervy P.E teacher has been staring at my inappropriate places all that time when he thought I didn’t notice… I think I’ll have to report this to the principal if he keeps that up!

   My class finishes faster today because of our last period teacher’s absence, the teacher is sick and could not come to school, he gave us an assignment and we’re able to go home 10 minutes earlier than usual.

   I head to the usual place me and Dian meet after school, but I’ll have to wait for him since his class is probably still going, so I sat on a bench and play with my mobile phone.

   *sigh*… I guess I’ll have to wait for this game’s server maintenance as well… but didn’t they already did it yesterday?

“Oh, Mika! What are you doing here?”

   Huh?

   I saw my 3 of my classmates in front of me with curiosity filling their faces.

“Oh, hey you guys! I’m just… you know, waiting.”

“Are you waiting for your boyfriend, hmm?” Said one of my classmates with a grin on her face.

“Wh- What?! I- I don’t have a boyfriend!”

“She’s stuttering, lol, she does have a boyfriend it seems!” Said another one of my classmates.

“I think I saw Mika walk together to school with a guy before, and that face confirms it all, haha!”

“N- No, I don’t have one, you guys! Stop it!”

   Dian… my boyfriend..? kyaaa!

“Hey, there’s a guy that’s been staring at us over there for a while now.”

   A guy..?

“Yeah, he looks pretty pathetic, lol!”

   I looked over to who they were referring to and I saw Dian, looking reluctant as he nervously stares at the ground.

“That guy must be a loser, how gross, staring at us like that, eww…” One of my classmates said with a disgusted look on his face.

   These… no, shut up. He is not a loser.

   I immediately stood up from the bench.

“Huh?! M- Mika? You startled me-“

“Don’t. You. Dare. Say. Any. Of. That. About. Him.” I said as I glare the three of them.

“…” My classmates felt dreaded and shut up immediately.

“Now… I’ve got to go.” I said as I quickly walked towards Dian who is waiting in the distance.

“H- Hey, Ika…” He nervously said as he gets startled.

“L- Let’s go already! Geez, you took longer than I expected, you slowpoke…” I said as I embarrassingly hid my face and pulls his wrist.

   Those people don’t know… those people didn’t even bother to try to know him…

“S- Sorry… the Science teacher made us experiment… twice…”

   Dian is not like that! He is not disgusting, he is not a loser, stop saying anything bad about him!

   I then noticed that I was tightly holding his wrist to the point that I’m almost dragging him with me, I then unhanded him and walk normally.

   He’s a great guy… why do people loathe him that much… is it because of those bullies again..?

“…”

“You didn’t forget, right?”

“Forget..? forget what?” He said with an oblivious look on his face.

   This..!

“The pudding, dummy!”

“O- Oh yeah! Of course, I remember that!” He said with a startled and scared look on his face.

“You really want me to hold a grudge against you, huh?” I said as I crack my knuckles.

“Eeek! Sorry, I’m sorry, Ika!” He said as he begs for forgiveness to me.

“Geez…”

   He’s… really an idiot… he’s too gentle and kind-hearted… ever since we were little he has always been that way… he hasn’t changed at all… not even a little bit.

   I took a glance at him, with him looking rather nervous and a little scared.

   He doesn’t even look that bad… I mean… he’s not handsome or anything, but… my heart is always thumping so wildly when I’m around him… even more when I look at his stupid face… I… just want him to notice…

“Hey, Dian,”

“W- What is it, Ika?” Dian asked with a scared expression on his face.

“What do you think of… me?”

   I- I said it..! h- how will this dummy respond..?

   Dian took a while to think with a confused look on his face.

“I don’t think there is any difference..? you are still you,”

   Uuugh! This dense-

“N- Not that, you dummy! I- I mean… my appearance… do I look… different..?” I said as I look away from his face to hide my red and embarrassed face.

   T- There! I couldn't have made it more obvious to him… all this time that I dressed this flashy is to make him take notice of my now different… body… he never did until now..!

   I looked back at his face, now turns red, and looked really nervous as he checks all of me.

   Please…

“Dian..?

“M- Mika! I-“

BOOM

   Before he gets a chance to finish his sentence, a big, white, shining ring appeared below the two of us, followed by a loud explosion-like sound.

“Huh?! Dian?!” I said in shock as the glowing white circle shines brightly.

“MIKAA!” Diaan shouted at me as he desperately tried to grasp my hand.

   Before I have the chance to reach my hand that almost touched our fingertips, Dian was engulfed in a thick, lavender-colored mist and disappeared from my sights.

“NOO! Diaaan!”

   Why is this happening?! What is this?! Dian, where did you go?!

   I looked around in a panic as the shining light glows radiantly, taking over my sights and I’m engulfed by the white circle.

“Why… did this happen....” I said as I felt a pulsing headache, my vision’s turning all white and I slowly lost consciousness.

“Hello?”
“Hey, are you okay?”

   Who… who’s voice is that..? what happened..?

   I slowly opened my eyes while I still felt a slight headache, and I saw a couple of old men circling me, wearing white robes and the same Lion symbol on all of their robe’s chests. One of them reached his hand to me.

“Oh, Thank Daria! THE HERO’S FINE! THE SUMMONING RITUAL SUCCEEDED!” Shouts one of the men in white robes behind him as he rejoices by putting both of his hands on the air triumphantly.

   The Hero..? Ritual..? what is he talking about..? and why is he shouting… my head is still ringing…

  I puzzlingly see my surroundings after the blinding light fades from my eyes, and I saw that I’m in a spacious and wide room, neatly filled with a red and gold decorative, just like in a castle. I also saw groups of knight-like people, wearing full medieval-like armors with a Lion symbol engraved in their heavy, steel chest plates.

   I looked over towards the directions that the man in the white robes are looking at, and I saw an old grandpa wearing a suave, jewel-filled gold crown with a red robe, sitting on a red and gold decored throne, there are also kinds of jewels engraved onto the throne. The grandpa stared at me with a pleased look on his face.

   Who’s that gramps..? is he a king..? he sure dressed like one… not to mention the crown…

HURRAH

HURRAH

   The people in the room started clapping joyfully.

   The person on the throne stood up, and the joyous atmosphere turned silent immediately.

“O’Brave Hero from another world! Our empire is in critical condition! We humbly request your strength to aid us against the evils that could destroy our empire and the entire world!” The king said in resolute.

   Hero..? Empire? Where in the world am I..?

“Where… am I..?”

“You are in the castle of our Lionel Empire, the strongest kingdom of our world.”

   ‘Lionel Empire’..? Is this a joke? But from what I’m seeing, these guys don’t appear to joke around… all of their costumes appear to be real…

“Now! Gallant Hero! What is thou name?”

“Name? My name is Mika.”

“Mika the Hero, thou appear to be in confusion with this whole ordeal. Worry not, this captain will guide you.” Said the king, pointing his finger towards one of the knights in the front of the soldiers.

   The knight gave honor to the king and then steadily walks towards me.

   He reached his hands to me, still on the floor.

“Greetings, Hero. My name is Anderson, captain of the 8th platoon. I’m the one who will guide you and give you any information you desire.” The knight said with a kind smile.

   This Anderson guy looks different from his troops… he doesn’t wear heavy armors like the majority of the troops. The only armor he’s wearing is on his shoulders, neck, and pants, they appear to be light armor. His hair is blonde, too… tied the back of his hair like a low ponytail style.

   I got up on my own and refuse to take his hand.

“I can take care of my self, thank you,” I said as I dust off my uniform.

“Hahaha! My apologies. My habits are showing whenever I see a dazzling lady such as you.” He said, reaching out for a handshake.

   What a flirt… he looks like a playboy… I hate these types…

   I shook hands with Anderson.

“First of all, Lady Mika should take a breather today. You still look light-headed, so, apologies for the side effect of the summoning ritual. Tomorrow we’ll discuss this world and the histories that took place on our grand world of Gaia.”

   I don’t understand… Is this even reality..?

   That’s right! Dian! Where is he?! What happened to him?!

“Wait! Is there any other person that got summoned with me, too?!”

   The men in robes and captain Anderson look at each other puzzlingly.

“There is only lady Mika that got summoned, We're afraid there is no other one.” Captain Anderson said worryingly.

   No… that can’t be true... He’s gotta be in this world, please!

“I beg of you! He’s important to me!”

   Captain Anderson and the men in robes look at each other and then discussed it.

   Anderson then turns to me.

“Understood. We’ll search for the person lady Mika wishes. Can you tell me more about the person?” Anderson said with a slight smile on his face.

“His name is Dian, Dian Subagja. Black short hair with a gentle and timid looking face… if possible, he wears the same uniform design as mine…”

“Got it! We’ll try our best to search for your friend.” Anderson said with a straight face.

“For now, I suggest that lady Mika rest your headache away. I’ll guide you to your room.”

“… okay…”

   I’m not sure about this… what if Dian’s in danger right now?! I’d search for him right now, but… this headache is no joke…

   We left the throne room with Anderson leading the way to my room.

   I can’t believe this is happening… if this is a dream then I want to wake up from it… Dian… where are you..?

“…” Anderson peered over his shoulder at me.  

“Don’t worry, lady Mika. I’m sure that we’ll find him.” Anderson said with an assuring smile.

“… thank you…”

   After a few walks, Anderson stopped at a fancy looking door on the end of the corridor.

“This is lady Mika’s room. Please don’t hesitate to call me if you need anything. I’ll be in that room over there.” Anderson said as he points to a room not far from mine.

   Anderson gave honor to me, then he turned back and walked to the room he was pointing at.

“…” I turned to the door as I reach the doorknob in silence and then opened it.

   Whoa… what a room… but, this is way too girly for me. I don’t care right now… tired… sleepy…

   I closed the curtains then I fall face-first on the bed.

   This bed is comfy… please… let this be just a dream… a really bad dream...

      Mika fell asleep with a shed of tear crossing her face.

 

1