Chapter 8: Nightmare
104 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   06:10 AM

   Location: Dian’s front door.

   I’m tapping my feet while crossing my arms irritatingly.

   God! He’s taking so long! I don’t want to get punished again just like the last time we were late… today’s the first flag ceremony of the new semester even! Ooh, when I get my hands on you…

   I tidy up my hair while looking at my hand mirror.

   I wonder… will he notice my new look..? Nooo! What am I talking about!

   My face went a little bit hot as I hurried to stop tidying up my hair.

Tap Tap Tap

   Sounds of feet from inside Dian’s house were heard, rushing towards the front door.

BAM

   Dian’s front door opened and I see a messy Dian, panting and in disarray.

“Haa… I’m… haa … sorry, Ika… I overslept… hehe…” Dian said with an apologetic smirk and looking rather out of breath.

   I tilt my head in anger as I grip my fists.

“Diaaaan…” I said as I prepare a karate chop with my right hand.

“I- I- Ika! P- Please! Spare my life!” Dian said with a terrified look on his face as he tried to protect his head with his arms.

“HIAAT!” I shout, releasing my anger with a single karate chop blow, passed his arms onto Dian’s head, enough to not make him unconscious.

“OUCH!”

“You dare make me wait again… *sigh*, come on, let’s go to school! I’m not in the mood for this!” I said, then I started walking to school ahead of Dian.

“M- Ma’am yes Ma’am!” Dian said, quickly catching up to me while still holding his pained head.

...

   It’s been minutes and he’s still not talking… even though I prepared so much to look a little bit different…

“…Dian…”

“Y- yes?!” Dian said with a scared look on his face.

   I then look at Dian and he looks at me back, he’s still looking terrified and clueless.

“I- is something the matter, Ika..?”

“... Hmmph! Nevermind!” I turned my head forward and pout.

   I even made him look at me for long enough! I thought he noticed...

“Today’s flag ceremony has come to an end. Students may return to their own classes.” Said the principal.

   The lazed and sleepy students spring into joy and enthusiasm as they disperse to their classes.

   Finallyyy! This damn ceremony is finally done! My back is pretty sore from standing for half an hour… maybe it’s because of these two… well, at least we didn’t arrive late! Almost though!

In my country, we do this Flag Ceremony every Monday, once a week, usually done in Schools(Primary school - Highschool). This is for training the students' discipline and feelings of Nationalism.

The ceremony begins at 07:00 in the morning. The usual duration of school flag ceremonies are 30-40 minutes, and we have to stand for the whole time, from start to finish. But, it is usually way longer if it's the first flag ceremony of the new semester.

“Ika, which class are you in?”

“Oh, Tiara. I don’t know, I was about to check the board.”

   I went to the front of the bulletin board, jam-packed with students looking up their classes.

   As I figured, it’s full of people! What a pain…

   I saw an opening to go to the front and went straight in.

   Hehehe, no one can match my reflexes! Now, let’s see…

   I look around the class section of the board.

   There it is… mine’s on the second floor of the left-wing! And Dian is in… the bottom right-wing section… far away from me…

   I rummage through the crowd and managed to exit the front of the board.

   I really hoped that we’re in the same class… or nearby class even… we’ve never been in the same class at all since middle school…

   I went to my class to drop my bag and quickly ran towards the right-wing section looking for Dian.

   This is his class, right? Wow, there’s no signal at all over here… well, it’s on the bottom part after all.

   I poked my head into the class from the door.

“Excuse me! Is there a guy named Dian in here?”

   Some of the students in the class caught my attention, and one of them walked to me.

“Dian, huh? He went to the school’s park… I think.” Said the student with an unsure look.

   The park..? why would he go there?

“Is that so? Thanks, dude!”

   I then head straight to the park, continuing my search for him.

   Where is he? That guy didn’t lie to me, right?

   I searched all over the park and finally found Dian, sitting on a bench with a troubled expression on his face.

   Ah, there he is! But… why is he like that..?

   I sneaked closer behind Dian’s unguarded back.

“BOO!” I screamed as I hold my hands onto Dian’s shoulders.

“WHAA!” Dian screams in surprise as he fell off the bench.

“Pfft- Hahahaha!” I laugh in ecstasy while Dian is facepalmed to the ground.

   Dian then stood up and dust off his uniform, then he looks at me with a peeved look on his face.

“Damn it, Ika! Stop pranking me like that!”

“Hahaha! Sorry, sorry! I can’t help it!”

   Dian pouts as he sits back on the bench with his arms crossed oh his chest.

“Whatever, man!” Dian said with an annoyed look on his face.

“By the way… what are you doing here, man? I looked for you in your class and here you are.”

“…” Dian paused in silence and put on a serious look.

“Ika… there is something that I’ve been meaning to tell you.” Says Dian while staring at me seriously.

“Wha-?”

   The atmosphere turns quiet and any source of sound around us is muted.

   Wha- what’s with this setup? Don’t tell me… Dian’s gonna… noooo! My heart is not ready for this!

“Y- yes! What is it, Dian?” I said with a blush on my face.

“The truth is… I-“

   Before Dian could finish his sentence, I saw violet-colored particles forming around him and surrounding him, followed by a thick and damp purple mist, slowly devouring him.

“Wh- what?! What is happening?! Dian?!”

“L-..e-… yo-…”

   As Dian’s voice turns weird, the purple mist completely devoured him and the surrounding area starts to crack like a mirror.

“N- No! DIAN!”

   I tried to reach my hand to Dian, but I couldn’t feel anything inside the damp mist.

   The park started to crack like glass, the school and the buildings in view started to crack and shakes violently as my entire surroundings gradually turn like a broken mirror.

“This can’t be happening…”

   Dian… I’m scared… where are you..? Dian…

   The cracks started to broke little and little, and behind the cracks are black and hollow emptiness and gradually close in on me.

“NO! DIAAAN!”

“!!!”

   I found myself on a bed in a fancy and girlish room.

   Dian… that was just a dream…

   I started to unconsciously shed tears as I remember him.

“Dian, *sniff* where are you..? I’m scared…” I said to myself while trying to wipe my tears.

CLANK CLANK CLANK

   A heavy footstep is heard heading straight at my room.

BAM

“Lady Mika! Are you okay?!” Anderson shouted worryingly.

“!!!”

   Anderson looked at me while I’m wiping my tears.

“Captain...? *sniff* I’m fine… it’s only a bad dream…”

“I- is that so? Thank Daria…” Anderson said in relief and still in a worry.

“Well… breakfast is ready. Lady Mika may head to the dining hall on the first floor. After that, I’ll tell you all the information you need regarding this world.”

“… Got it…”

   Before Anderson got out of my room, he paused for a second, then looked at me.

“Don’t worry, Lady Mika. We will find him.” Said Anderson with a faint smile on his face.

   Anderson closed the door on the way out, and I only hear his heavy metal footsteps slowly fade off.

“…”

   So this really isn’t a dream… Dian…

   I looked at my hands.

   Are you in this world..? if so… there is no point to be sad! I gotta keep a straight face, and find you!

   I got up from the bed, then opened the room’s window, revealing a vast, light blue sky and a beautiful sighting of a town from the balcony.

   Don’t worry, Dian… I will find you!

   I took a deep breath and walked to the door, full of hope.

 

   My Adventure Begins!

2