Chapter 5: Tormentors
129 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deimos is making his way to his barracks when two brutes blocked his way. They were identical in build, heavily muscled like a bull. They were shorter than Deimos but thicker. High on MuscleSerum, a muscle enhancer therapy, he guesses.

"Can’t say hello, little uncle?" Marcus, the older of the two says. Marcus is clean shaven while Crassus has a ridiculous full beard. 

Surprising as it may seem, they are his nephews. The crowned prince Grendell, and the second prince Brutus are his brothers. Just like Brutus, his sons are morons and thugs. Since he was young, these two were his tormentors and though they were taller and stronger than him then Deimos never backed down from a fight.

Deimos didn’t bother to reply, only to stare holes in the man. Marcus is smarter of the two as he was always the one that plans brutal jokes on Deimos such as breaking his bone during their physical training while making it look like an accident.

"Don’t tell us your still sore about your plebian friend?" Crassus, the younger one said.  If Marcus is the brain, then Crassus is the brawn, a violent short-tempered bull that lashes out at the slightest provocation. Crassus was the one that rode down his friend and since then Deimos has no friends. They don’t last long.

Deimos looked at them and smirked knowing that they hate it when he looks down on them now that his taller than the two of them. Deimos eyed their Knight’s crest. He sighed as if disappointed.

"Got a problem?" Marcus asked.

"No, I was just bothered by the fact that they Knight anyone these days." Deimos replied.

That was the final straw as they both draw their blades. Marcus attacked first with a diagonal strike as he was closer. Deimos dive deep inside the strike zone to avoid the blade then used his shoulders as a battering ram, sending Marcus tumbling to his brother. Crassus evaded the unbalanced Marcus but was a split second too late to see the elbow strike aimed at his chin. Foolish as these two brutes are, they are still experienced killers, Crassus instinctively tried to block the elbow strike but neglected to avoid the kick that lands to the top of the head. Crassus's worlds turn spiral yet still has the strength to land a vicious right hook to the body of Deimos. Deimos gasped for air as he knocked Crassus cold with a knee strike to the chin. Marcus got up to stab Deimos in the armpit, Deimos knows and pivots while using his own sword to knock away the blade.

"Enough!" A powerful familiar voice called out.

4