Chapter 6: Old Man
134 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is the King’s palace and you will all behave properly." The old man said.

Marcus and Crassus looked at the old man and cursed. They glared at Deimos with a silent curse then left.

"It seems you improved your swordplay, Deimos, can I test you for old times sakes?"  

"Didn’t you just said that this is the King’s palace, Acxus?" Deimos smiled as he greeted his former mentor. "Grand Knight Acxus, you haven’t changed a bit!"

It was true. Acxus haven’t looked a day older when Deimos last saw him, sandy hair and rugged face that has seen dozens of wars, scars littered his face with a huge scar that near his right eye given to him by the Angel Blade. Yet, he is still the most renowned Knight in Numidica.

"And you are still a rascal, boy." Axcus replied. "Jokes aside, I would like to see how far you’ve gotten. The Knight’s Challenge. It is almost time."

Deimos went silent. The Knight's Challenge is the final stage in becoming a Knight. The aspiring warrior would face the Examiner, a high-level Knight, to show you have truly mastered the way of the blade. But to get to that stage, you first have to demonstrate your horsemanship, archery, weapons knowledge, chivalry and other qualities.

Seeing Deimos solemn expression, the old knight decided to lighten the mood "The king also requested my daughter to attend his Nameday."

Deimos flinched. The daughter of Acxus is as wild as they come.  Maybe too wild.

"It’s been a year since she came of age but has spurned every suitor. Perhaps she may find someone suitable soon eh?" The old knight chuckled.

"She would sooner cut off their balls than to put on a ring." Deimos remarked.

"Or make a necklace." Acxus added "She is looking for someone who is 'a real knight not some soft noble'."

Then it dawned on Deimos on what the old man is saying "You mean..."

"Why not? She is beautiful and too reckless for her own good. You might be the only one she doesn’t hate." Acxus explained.

Wrong. She hates me.

"I am not a Knight." 

"Yes, but to hold your ground against two Knights is ample proof that you are capable."

"She will come tonight. Best prepare yourself , rascal." 

Oh, joy.

5