Chapter 11: Proposal
108 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Of course, I had to be proper in the presence of his majesty." Drusus explained as he put a bacon and cheese sandwich on his plate which Deimos snatched.

"Delicious." Deimos says as he gobbled the sandwich in one bite.

"It seems you need to find a wife, Deimos." Drusus scowled as he picked up another sandwich.

"It isn’t a surprise. I am nearing my coming of age." Deimos replied as he snatched a smoked honeyed ham from Drusus’s plate. "Although, it would’ve been better if Father announced it in a less dramatic way."

"I agree but we both know his Highness’s real purpose." Drusus said as he walked towards an unoccupied table. Deimos sat down his plate of lobsters and a bottle of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti.

"So, what do you think of my sister?" Drusus asked Deimos directly. Deimos smiled as he listened to Drusus’s proposal.

Little bastard. Is he under orders? Deimos thought.  This is starting to get annoying. Is this my punishment for making you remember my mother, Father?

"Hermesia is an elite Knight, vice-Captain of the Griffins. A beauty with body honed through intense training and war. The Blood of the Acxus, Sword of Numidica, flows through her. She is loyal, brave, and strong. Qualities which you will find rare in ladies of the court." Drusus says.

" ‘A beauty with body honed through intense training and war’." Deimos repeated. "I will be sure to tell Hermesia that."

"Please, don’t, she will kill me." Drusus pleaded. Deimos can see fear in his face. It seems there has been no respite for Drusus from the harassment at the hands of his sister.

"Did your father instructed you? We had a similar conversation earlier." Deimos shared.

"Yes." Drusus sighed, deflated that his efforts were dashed.

"It would be better if you said 'A woman whose beauty is only matched by her talent for war'. Deimos advised, sensing the unease of Drusus. Drusus perked up a little at the suggestion, no doubt thinking there may be a chance he succeeded.

"I will be sure to do that next time. So, what do you think?" Drusus asked, eyes wide and full of anticipation.

"I will tell you the same thing I told your father. She will sooner cut my balls off than to tie the knot." Deimos said. Drusus laughed at that knowing the temper of her sister.

"What are you laughing about, little piggy?" A sharp voice asked.

4