Chapter 13: Hektor
130 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the fiasco in the hall, Deimos went to the bath house to relax. He is alone in the sprawling bath house while enjoying iced milk. As the dairy flowed into his throat, he replayed the earlier scene in his mind.

"You are that offended?" Deimos picked up the glove.

"I will not permit anyone to sully my name. Especially boys like you." Hermesia smirked.

"Tut,tut,tut. Hermesia, Hermesia. There are no boys like me." Deimos chided as he picked up the table knife and move in so fast that Hermesia was caught unaware. She couldn’t react quick enough to stop Deimos from point the knife in her neck while restraining her. It pricked her skin, drawing her blood.

"I am a royal prince of Numidica. Issuing a challenge against the Royal family is an act of rebellion, punishable by death. " Deimos said it loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Now be a good girl, kneel, and apologize. I will forget this little tantrum as effects the wine you selfishly drank. I do not want your father and family to be embarrassed any longer. " Deimos whispered to Hermesia then let her go.

Hermesia looked at him with a new understanding. This is not the Deimos she knew. This man before her is dangerous. Hermesia felt her heart skip a beat.

"Forgive my most foolish act, your Highness." Hermesia went to her knees and bowed. An act of total submission. Deimos lifted her chin and smiled.

"The wine must be very potent for you to act like this." Deimos said as he helped her stand signifying his forgiveness.

"A challenge once given cannot be taken back but it can also be viewed as a learning opportunity for both us. I hope we will have a clean and fair duel tomorrow."

Now, he can hear footsteps entering the bathhouse, disturbing his peaceful bubble. Deimos looked up to see the scion of Acxus. Just like his father, Hektor is bred for war. Tall, wide shoulders and powerful arms, muscles chiseled from stone with dozens of scars from all types of weapons. A giant scar from his upper left lip then crosses his left eye towards the brow. His beige hair is trimmed short like that of an ordinary soldier. Hektor's talent was already evident since he was young. Even Acxus said that Hektor's potential dwarfs his own. 

Now, Hektor kneels and greets him "Your majesty."

Deimos signaled him to join him. Hektor’s mass caused the water level to rise.

"As the heir of the House Condor, I apologize for the actions of my sister. We will recompense you for the missteps. My sister will forfeit the match as soon as it starts." Hektor explained.

"No need for that, Hektor, it was my fault for teasing your sister. Tell her to take the duel seriously as I will but there is no point in inflicting injuries." Deimos tells Hektor. Hektor nods , relieved.

"What made her so angry, your majesty?" Hektor asks, fist white from clenching. 

"I believe you have to ask her that." Deimos stands up, "Now, I will take my leave."

5