Chapter 2: Return
173 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Trident remains as it was in Deimos's memories with its thick black walls, Maxwell shield, and intimidating Hawking railguns. The castle has remained steadfast against invaders for thousands of years. Legend has it that Poseidon himself gifted the island to the first Numidician king as reward for saving his precious steed.

"The records are unclear and vague at best but it seems its chief engineer was rumored to be the Master Craftsman Brunelleschi." Mordred once told Deimos.

Now, he approached the castle as two figures stand to receive him. He dismounted his steed to hug his eldest brother.

"By the gods, brother. I could hardly contain my joy when I heard the news. Look at you! I thought Herakles himself appeared in our castle." Grendell spoke softly as his condition prevents him from straining himself.

Deimos stood up to his full height and looked at his brother. Grendel is much healthier than the last time Deimos saw him. It was years ago when Grendell’s illness went critical forcing him to his wheelchair.

"I am glad it brought you some happiness, brother." Deimos said. He turned his attention to the other figure. The quiet and shy girl in his memories, crying and begging him not to leave her is now a woman of epic beauty. Fair skin matched with her sky blue eyes and thick golden wavy hair that reaches her back. Deimos heard the rumors of the Jewels of Numidica but he can scarcely believe that one of them is this clumsy girl who was always following him when they were young.

"Hello, Apples." Deimos gave her a genuine smile, using her nickname. Apollonia forgot her manners and jumped to hug Deimos in her dress.

"You big idiot, why didn’t you return earlier?" Apollonia complained as the startled Deimos struggles to maintain his balance.

"Good to see you too, Apples." Deimos put down Apollonia. "You've gotten more beautiful."

Apollonia makes a twirl showing off her elegant dress. Made by the best tailor in the kingdom and crafted from the finest materials. It must have cost a fortune.

"Do you like it?" Apollonia asks.

"It is wonderful, Apples." Deimos replies.

"She spent weeks preparing for your arrival." Grendell said with a light smile.

"Uncle Gren!" Apollonia scolds her uncle.

"Come, let us see, Father." Grendell said then whispers" Most of the family are also here."

Deimos nodded. Time to see the family.

5