Chapter 7 – Demonic Sword
181 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Going up the stairs to his rented room Izoke examined the keys to it that had his room number. Room "21," the keys said. The room was small but had a soft bed, bucket of water, and soap for cleaning himself. It was better than one could normally hope for. It was a very good room for Izoke's standards. There was a lamp and a map that showed where the privy/outhouse was outside. He sat on the bed and checked his Stats tab. His level was 20 now and there was the dragon horn in his inventory. He tapped on the dragon horn in his inventory. Suddenly a notification popup appeared.

Do you want to forge a Sword or Dagger?

*Select*

Sword

OR

Dagger

How can I have the skill to forge weapons? He questioned feeling very confused. Then he remembered that his father was a blacksmith. His father was the village blacksmith even though all he made was farm tools. So I inherited this skill from dad, Izoke realized. This skill has been transferred through his father and Izoke would cherish it. It was all he had left of his old man. Thinking about it made Izoke feel quite sad but also moved. Thank you, Dad, for everything, Izoke prayed. He was hoping his father could hear his prayers.

I guess I am used to a sword more and it has a longer reach, Izoke reasoned internally and then said, "sword"

A bright light formed around the horn as it floated in the air. The light concealed its appearance as the weapon formed. As the light faded in the room Izoke became able to make out the sword's appearance. Holding it aloft in his hand he examined the weapon. It was a shiny black katana looking sword. Its surface resembled obsidian more than metal any metal he knew. It felt like metal to the touch but was made from a horn so Izoke doubted what the material could technically be defined as. Izoke could feel that the sword was full of magic. It pulsed with arcane power like a beating heart. He was feeling intense pressure with every pulse of the magic coming from the sword. A Black aura flowed around sword coming from within it. It was flowing out like an endless waterfall. The dragon that he killed was a baby of one of the top 100 dangerous beasts of the game. It was not one of the most dangerous but it was a really rare dragon. Izoke was completely unaware of how rare the beast was. Had he been conscious of its true value he would have had the good sense not to sell it off as scrap.

Seeing the sword his energy flow toward it. ‘Woah, what is this?. I should test it out.’ Thinking this he activates the "holy sword skill". But at this time the sword was glowing in black color. Previously while activating the skill the sword glows like a light but it was different in this case. Activating the sword skill, he can feel the power. It was beyond his imagination.

He deactivated his skill and looks toward the info button where he saw.

A notification popup appeared!

Rare Item Received

Demonic Sword

 

Focusing on the prompts item "Demonic Sword" a few other prompts popped up explaining it further.

*Demonic sword: a sword which can use magic, swords skills, and aura skills. A growing weapon that levels with its user. A cursed weapon that "Soul Binds" itself to its chosen wielder. Cursed weapons like to choose those with a deep grudge against someone else.*

*Warning! Demonic Sword has already chosen you Because of your "player grudge". The demonic sword has chosen you "its creator". The demonic sword has chosen you "the slayer of the beast it was made from" as worthy. You are soul bound to the Demonic Sword and it has thrice chosen you. Such a high approval means the sword will obey all your desires. Its full power is at your disposal!*

Reading the notification he decided to test it out tomorrow. I will test its incredible strength during the quest. All its stats sound good but the words "Demonic and cursed" make me nervous, Izoke thought.

He put the cursed weapon into his inventory and went to sleep.

12