Chapter 8 – Manager
181 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A big copper bell rang early in the day, “Ding Dong!” It was the morning bell that let everyone know it was time to start the day. The city's Bell was located at the top of the clock tower. At the sound of it, Izoke started to get up. Those players would be in town soon and if they saw him here they would know he had never logged out.

Fresh air was flowing through his window and birds were chirping outside of it. He yawned while stretching his whole body. Once he was up he quickly put on his clothes. Looking at his old steel sword he thought about if he should take the sword or not. 'I have the Demonic sword now... Hmmm, I guess I should put it on Inventory just in case', Izoke rationalized. Izoke tossed the stell weapon into his inventory. The inventory looked like a flat two-dimensional screen but seemed to have a space within it that was larger. The sword appeared as an icon in a box at the left corner of his inventory.

Deciding to get some breakfast in the hotel before he left Izoke closed his room's door and headed downstairs. While walking down the stairs It was noisy on the ground floor. He could hear angry shouts, threats, and then pleads from the less violent person involved. Two men were arguing with the manager which Izoke had met yesterday. One was a bald guy whose body was huge like some kind of wrestler and equipped with a silver spear. The second was skinny and Tall. His hair looked overly stylish and slathered with hair gel. His clothes were overly colorful and gaudy. They were arguing with the manager of the hotel.

“Hey, do you know who we are? You even dare to ask us for money.” The bald guy yelled at her slamming the desk.

“Sir, you have eaten 30 silver coins worth of food. Please, be kind sir, and pay your tab.” The manager requested bowing her head.

Humph* “Haven’t I made my intentions clear or should I teach you a lesson?” The bald guy said suddenly grabbing her hair and started groping her chest. “Ahhhh No," The poor girl pleaded in response.

There were many people in the hotel seeing this incident but no one did or said anything against them. Seeing this Izoke's blood boiled. 'NPC or not a girl is still a girl, How dare you! They have also feelings' Izoke thought. His eyes were opened wide and started giving off a dark purple glow like that of the new sword he had made yesterday. Consumed by rage Izoke charged towards the two wicked players with his sword in hand. So distracted by his anger he hadn't noticed that he never opened his inventory to take the sword out. It just appeared in his hand when he got angry. Izoke pressed the demonic swords pointed tip on the back of the bald guy's neck. Everyone in the hotel was shocked seeing this development, they barely could even perceive his movements when he charged at them. He moved so fast a gust of wind formed within the building.

“What do you Shits think you are doing?!!!" Izoke shouted.

"Didn’t your parents teach you not to mess with strong people?” The bald asked Izoke in response with a smirk on his face.

“Are you both players?” Izoke questioned them while narrowing eyes in rage.

“Yes, we are, scared now? Because you can’t kill us in the town.” The bald stated to him mater of factly. There was sweat on his neck that showed he was worried about Izoke's level.

“If you don’t leave now I will break that rule. I'll kill you here, take your items and even though you will be able to come back you won't want to. I will put a video on YUVtube of a male prostitute using your severed head," Izoke threatened.

The bald man didn't know what to say to Izokes threat but was clearly worried about it. The fact is Izoke knew he couldn't use that feature of the game to post videos on what players called the "Internet" but the threat would worry someone from the real world.

"Why did I have to use my real face for my avatar," The bald man huffed shaking his head.

"That's your real face? I thought you made yourself look like a barrel of @ssh0les on purpose," Izoke mocked. Keeping his darkly glowing sword still pointed at them aloft.

“I'll remember this B!tch,” the bald guy threatened.

"Yeah, me too," shouted the overly stylish man.

"Well, when you and your lover there grow some balls you know where to find me," Izoke mocked.

"Tchh," Both men clicked their tongue simultaneously.

"Aww, they are even finishing each other words. It's so adorable," Izoke teased.

The bald man led the way out slamming they front door open. Both men fled with their tails between their legs while everyone in the hotel watched.

“Thank you so much for your help,” The manager thanked him while shaking his hand. Both her hands were on his and she seemed to forget to let go. Realizing her mistake she blushed a bright red from the nape of her neck up.

“No, this is nothing. If it is okay can I order some breakfast now?” Izoke asked.

“Sure thing, please sit there.” She pointed toward the empty table. Then she began to work with a bright smile on her face.

Izoke went to the table and sat down. He put his sword back into his inventory.

A few minutes later, the manager came with an omelet over rice placing it on the table in front of Izoke. The omelet had lots of tasty looking vegetables and even tomatoes that Izoke had rarely ever had before being only a peasant. The rice was yellow which was something Izoke had never seen before. This is done by adding lots of saffron to the rice while it cooks but Izoke didn't know that because only nobles could afford such spices. The omelet and rice also had white and red pepper on it and a blue salt Izoke never knew even existed.

“It is on me please enjoy,” She said with a cute smile and a flutter that Izoke was becoming more familiar with recently. He helped her and now she adored him. 'This feels nice, Is this how all heroes feel?' Izoke asked himself.

“Ok, thanks,” Izoke replied smiling back before he started eating. It was the most delicious home-cooked style food Izoke had ever eaten. The unique spices brought out flavors the boy had never experienced before. He could swear he could even taste that the food had been cooked with love just like the food his mother used to make. The best morning breakfast Izoke had ever had. A good feeling in his gut from helping her and a full stomach made Izoke almost feel light-headed. The boy was half tempted to ask the girl outright if she was seeing anyone. You know what they say the way into a man's heart is through his stomach.

10