Chapter 9 – Quest
172 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finishing eating Izoke headed outside the hotel. The three person-team and Izoke had previously decided to meet in front of the guild house to begin their new quest. Izoke started heading there even though he was a bit early. Izoke arrived there before everyone else. He only waited a few minutes before Kazou showed up. He had an omelet similar to his had been in hand that was wrapped in paper.

Izoke let him finish eating and not long after the rest of the party arrived in front of the guild house.

"Hey, Haruki and Yuuto I went by the Celadon Midway to grab some grub as usual. you know her omelets are the best! I swear today she was glowing like she's in love. Maybe she finally came to her senses and has fallen for me," Kazou exclaimed.

"Pfft," Haruki and Yuuto laughed, "Yeah right she would fall for an idiot like you" they mocked.

“Hey!” Kazuo replied mimicking a hurt expression.

"Relax Kazuo, we were just messing with you and she doesn't even exist in real-world. let it go, dude," Yuuto said.

Everyone hadn't noticed Izoke coughing and looking around shiftily the whole conversation.

“Did you get rest, Izoke?” Haruki asked him.

“Yeah, how about you Haruki?”

“MHM, yep," she replied

“Ok, let’s head toward Rumen village and slay the Orc then,” Kazou exclaimed in excitement.

“But walking there will take forever," Haruki exaggerated.

"And we have to complete the quest today,” Yuuto added.

“Why don’t we go hire a carriage? I mean there are many carriages in this town and they are cheap and relatively fast. How about it guys?” Kazuo asked

“Yes, I think you are right. We should go by getting a ride on a carriage.” Izoke replied. Izoke has already seen the carriages in town the day before. The carriages in this game are not magical. They are drawn by horses just like they were historically on earth in medieval times. The carriage is pulled by two massive fantasy-style black horses. These magical horses have horns and scales. Some wealthy nobles even have horses with wings and can get their carriages enchanted to be able to glide. This allows a low altitude flight for the extremely wealthy. As usual with nobles, this is done to show off to other people.

Haruki held up a clear crystal and put energy into it until it glowed. One of the passes carriages pull off to the side towards them and stopped.

"Where you all headed miss," The driver asked.

“Yes, excuse me, can you help us to get to the Rumen village,” she asked the driver casually.

“Are you serious? Nowadays an Orc is terrorizing Rumen village. It is very dangerous to go there,” The handsome brown-haired driver said frightfully. You could hear the fear in his voice and see it in his green eyes.

“We are adventures and we are going there to slay the monster,” Izoke said to the man.

“Oh alright, but then there is one condition. I need a double payment, which is 100 silver coins.”

“Hmmm, ok, that sounds fair,” Izoke agreed.

“Then please sit down in the carriage and we will be off,” The driver said grabbing the horses reins.

Getting into the carriages which had been empty, Izoke took note of the fancy interior. Cloth-covered velvet seats and even glass windows on the doors. He had never experienced such luxuries before and it felt surreal. Up to six people can fit comfortably in the seats of the carriage. Izoke and Haruki sat on the same row, Kazuo and Yuuto sat on the other row. Yuuto was equipped with a rusty sword which was a cheap one, his previous sword broke while fighting the dragon. All of them were pretty happy during the ride and they were talking cheerfully with one another. Things like what they would buy with all the gold they would make. The carriage stopped once they reached near the “Rumen Village”.

9