Chapter 13 – To Error is Human
159 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Note please read this: So the concept is that other players gain a class with their skill. So for example, sword mastery gets swordsman class, etc. Swordsman class gives plus a 15 percent bonus to learning or creating swords skills. It gives a 20 percent bonus to sword damage and sword skill duration. The downside of Izoke skill is he can't have a class. It's a rare bit normally disliked skill because you are forced to be a Jack of all but a master of none. This small gap in power can be almost impossible to overcome as a single percent matter at higher levels. Izoke is special though as being an NPC meant his code never slowed for a class, to begin with. Also as a result of being a slate no different from monster Now he can use monster skills. Allowing him to overcome the gap.)

 

It was two hours past evening and the sun was beginning to set on the horizon. Izoke had thought about how his Auto-Skill made him a jack of all trades but a master of none. He could use all skills but not to the same level as other players. Mastering all skills to the highest level he could reach would take forever. What he needed now was a well-rounded set of skills that would utilize his abilities the most. He would need crafting, passive, and active skills. That would mean close-combat skills which Izoke already had a few of and some long-range skills as well.

Once again after Izoke party had left he headed down into the remains of the village. There was no sound of any monsters nearby assuring Izoke the area was safe. Villagers began returning to the village as if the goddess herself had told them of the Heroes victory. In the middle of the village, the NPCs saw the corpse of the Orc. Confirming with their own eyes the beast was gone for good. The NPC's eyes then fell onto the only warrior around who held a wickedly curved blade. An old villager approached Izoke and asked, “Good sir, did you kill this wicked creature?”

Turning to answer the old man Izoke replied, “yes, it was my party's quest to kill this thing.”

“My Lord! You are our savior!” The old man loudly wept as he fell to the ground in tears. Even though he wept he maintained a sturdy bow before Izoke.

"Good sir! Please get up," Izoke exclaimed as he rushed to pick up the old man.

"No! As the village elder, I owe you this much!" The old man stated his resolve.

“No, it’s nothing. Please don’t bow for me. Stand up,” Izoke pleaded.

"Young man what you did today deserves great respect," The old man remained resolute.

"But... I too was once just a humble villager farmboy," Izoke assured the man.

"Haha, Warrior do you think the beast you slew cares from whence you came? That the heavens only care for those born on the highest mountain?" The old man asked.

"I... I do not know of such things," Izoke said shaking his head.

"No one does and anyone who says otherwise is either a fool or a liar. You young sir are neither of those," The village elder explained.

Grabbing the old man's arm he pulled him to his feet," Enough! I am no saint!"

"No, my boy you may have your flaws but to error is human," The elder assured.

Something shook inside of Izoke. He knew he was but an error in this world. That he was supposedly a fake human-made to entertain other humans. Yet if its true that "to error is human" then who is more human than an error himself?

Izoke looked around to see that all of the villagers present were respectfully bowing to him. Izoke thought, these are my people and I hope I never forget that.

“Thank you, sir. you are very wise, may I stay here today?” He asked the old man.

“You may stay in my home. Please follow me.”

Izoke followed the old man and all the villagers returned to their own homes. Izoke could swear the whole village looked in way better shape than it had an hour ago. The old man showed his house to Izoke. His house was the biggest and most reinforced in the village. No wonder it had survived the Orcs assault. The village elder was also the leader of the village. Several generations of his kin leading meant he resided in the largest house. His house was made with stone, brick, and hardwood while most others were flimsy pine housing. His house even had a third floor. The building looked really old. The old man led Izoke into his home. The inside of the house was different. It was fancy like some kind of luxury hotel.

“Sir, please sit on the Chair by the fireplace.” The old man requested him by showing a wooden chair.

“Ok, Thank you.” Saying that he sits on the chair that soothingly rocked back and forth. Izoke had never seen anything like it. The elder sat on another chair at the opposite end of the fireplace. The elder asked Izoke where he was from. For once Izoke spoke truthfully and the old man said he was "Sorry for his loss". The elder had heard of his village's fate.

Izoke asked the elder many things like what he knew of "players". The old man didn't know them by that name simply referring to them as the "Immortals". Izoke realized they didn’t know that this world is a game and they were NPC. Regardless, their character and personality are all the same as a normal human. During their chat, a girl entered the house.

“Grandpa! Grandpa! the monster is dead! Its corpse is lying on the ground,” A girl cheerfully shouted at the elder. She was panting out of breath and must have come running just to tell the old man this information.

“Yes, this man slew the beast,” The old man replied gesturing to Izoke who was seated comfortably by the fire.

“Ohh!” The girl analyses Izoke with her eyes. To her, Izoke was a young handsome man with an attractive body. Izoke was unaware of her appraisal and simply smiled at the girl who was a bit young for his taste. The girl blushed having seen Izoke's smile.

"Hi, I'm Sumiko..." The girl introduced shyly. She was a young woman, probably about 14-15 years old but Izoke knew better than to ask a girl her age. It was, however, impossible to tell visually. She had long brown hair and an hourglass figure. Her eyes were pitch black and she was wearing a normal village girl’s dress. It looked nicer on her than most girls.

The girl mistook Izoke's attempt to appraise her age as a different kind of look and flushed red before running upstairs. Izoke was confused by her running away.

“Sorry about that, my granddaughter is quite shy.”

“No, it’s okay... Do you know anywhere I can go adventure and become stronger?” Izoke asked.

“Do know about the legendary weapon in the Kalan Mountain?” The elder replied in turn.

“Legendary weapon? What legendary weapon? Where?” Izoke hurridly asked unable to hide his excitement. His eyes were sparkling like diamonds. Apparently there was one boyish passion he had never outgrown.

“There was a saying that a legendary weapon is somewhere in the Kalan Mountain. A mountain that is filled with high-level monsters and its path is very dangerous. Its trails are covered in ice and snow. Many adventurers try to go there and obtain that legendary weapon but no one has ever obtained it. Legend says that the weapon is a small device that can be held in one hand. It throws some kind of magical thing… I don’t know much about it but its name is supposedly GUN.”

11