Chapter 7 – Ferocious Lambanas
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
New Quest
Help the Lambanas fight the Ferocious Beings
Goal: Kill the (2) Ferocious Lambanas in the park
Reward: A piece of the spiritual tree

Chapter 7 - Ferocious Lambanas

Upon requesting the two to participate in the fight, Lakan Amo shouted to the village, "Warriors prepare for a fight".

Some Lambanas in the village hurriedly prepared their gears. These Lambanas are the bird-winged Lambanas. They wore some type of armor and wielded swords.

Juan and Dex also prepared themselves. They left their backpacks near the big tree. They wielded the baseball bat and katana sword.

"I am sorry for bringing you to this fight. Also, I cannot present you any armors or weapon since all our armors can only be wielded by Lambanas."

"It is okay, we brought our own" Dex said while swinging his bat

"Next time, I'll guide you to the Duendes"- Alice

"Duendes? They are the gnome-like creatures, right?" Juan

"I'll explain about them soon, the warriors are ready, Let's go!" - Alice

"Okay, why are you coming?" - Dex

"Why not?" She said then looked at Lakan Amo "I'll stay at the back, promise"


Near the entrance of the park, the trees were rotting. Leaves were falling. A creepy feeling emerged just looking at the tree. Near the trees were two ferocious Lambanas. They did not look like the Lambanas they know. These ferocious ones are twice the size of the normal Lambanas. They had sharp and ragged teeth. They did not have the glow of normal Lambanas. Their skin was like toad's skin. Bumps were formed. Overall, they looked like monsters.

"How do we deal with them" - Juan asked

"We will provide support" - Warrior Lambana

"Should we kill them?"- Juan asked

"Unfortunately, yes, we do not know any methods to turn them back. Their auras are poisonous for us normal Lambanas if they stayed near us for so long." - Warrior Lambana

"So how do you fight it" - Juan

"We ask Bathala for a blessing to protect us from corruption. This blessing can only support us until our magic and faith energies are depleted. Since this level of corruption is still weak and can only be transmitted by touch for now"- Warrior Lambana

Hearing this, Juan and Dex prepared for a fight. They swung their sword and bat.

"One for each?" -Dex asked

"Yes" - Juan answered

Dex and Juan trusted each other abilities. They both trained in martial arts. They knew how to move their body right with minimum movement. They are trained in the ways of taekwondo, aikido, judo, and arnis.

"Oh Almighty Bathala, Creator of this land, Ruler of the gods in Kawalhatian, hear our wish. Protect us from evil" - All Lambanas present chanted

Glowing lights emerged from the Lambanas and spread to Juan and Dex.

~Ting!~

Status Update

You received Bathala's Blessing

Evil Energy can not corrupt you

Time Remaining: 30 minutes

 

"Lambanas are so great"

"Let us fight!" - Dex

Dex and Juan approached the ferocious lambanas

"Skreeeee!!!!!" - Ferocious Lambanas screeched.

When the corrupted lambanas saw them, they uttered a high shrill piercing cry. And flew into their direction. They flew slower than the normal lambanas.

Juan and Dex accurately dodged the Lambanas by a hair's breadth.

New Skill

Due to your successful dodging a moving enemy

You learned Evasion Lv 5.

They both closed the windows as soon as it appears. They continued dodging their enemy until they notice their Qi energy was depleting. 

"Juan, we need to defeat them ASAP, we are running out of Qi energy" -Dex

"How can we defeat it when it moves so fast. Dodging and attacking are two different things. It is difficult to attack a fast-flying monster. This is our first time fighting it. It also flew to all places. We can't keep it in a small place" - Juan

"Leave it to us. We can confine it to place" - a warrior lambana said.

The lambanas approached different trees. They put their hands on it and chanted.

"Oh nature spirits, hear our call. Keep these evils at bay" - All Lambanas chanted

The trees around them wiggled. And they were covered by the lights from the Lambanas. Their branches interweaved and produced a dome-like net to prevent the corrupted lambanas from escaping. 

"Nice!" - Dex

Due to the power of Lambanas and the active Bathala's Blessing flowing into the trees, the trees are protected from being corrupted by the evil energy. 

With the interweaved branches present, the ferocious lambanas were trapped in a small place. They cannot fly high enough and gain momentum for a fast charge attack on Dex and Juan. 

Dex used his bat to intercept the flying lambana in front of him. 

The lambana saw this coming and tried to dodge. However, Dex has already executed the attack. The lambana wings are damaged. 

The lambana gave out a piercing cry.

"SKREEEEEEEEEE!"

Seeing his wings are damaged, He looked at Dex ferociously and angrily. He ran towards Dex. 

Dex looked at the injured lambana. It ran so mad to him with the sharp fingers ready to scratch him. However, for Dex, the short man running to him was less difficult to handle compare to flying one. He readied his bat and the bat successfully meet the head of the lambana. With his strength, it caused fractures on the skull. The bloodied lambana glowered at him. It still ran to him crazily. Dex focused on all his muscles. He guided his strength and Qi energy to his body. He positioned himself. After a deep breath, he swung his hands together with his body. His attack hit the head of the injured lambana and caused it to be bloodier. The skull broke. The lambana did not move again. 

~Ting!~

You Leveled up! (x5)

 

New Skill

Due to your action of smashing your enemy to dead

You learned Smash Lv 5.

 

Juan was also fighting his enemy. Seeing it was trapped by the branches. It scratched the branches and tried to corrupt the trees. However, no matter how many times it scratched the trees it was not corrupted. It then looked at Juan angrily. It knew Juan and his companion did something. It attacked Juan again. 

Seeing this Juan, readied himself. With a slash of his sword, he scraped the wings of the lambana from its back. 

"SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The lambana lost so much health with that move. It was wounded from his back. It ran madly to Juan. Juan took his stance and slash to the incoming lambana. The lambana dodged, however, his left arm was sliced for his shoulder. 

"SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The lambana screamed painfully. It looked at Juan madly until his eyes turn blood red due to hate. With its remaining right arm, it tried to scratch Juan who always dodged successfully. Seeing his opponent losing its energy, Juan took a stance again. He placed his hand above his head and readied to sliced the upcoming monster.  The monster tried to scratch Juan. However, Juan stepped back to the left and avoided the attack. He focused on his muscles and guided Qi energy to his body. With a powerful slash, he struck the monster with his sword. The sword passed to the monster's body and sliced it off into two pieces.

~Ting!~

You Leveled up! (x5)

 

New Skill

Due to your action of slashing your enemy to dead

You learned Slash Lv 5.

 

"Wow!" "Awesome" "Powerful" - The warrior lambanas gave them praise after they killed the monsters. 

"They are my friends, they should be powerful," Alice said arrogantly while looking at Juan and Dex admiringly.  

"What are we supposed to do with these bodies?" - Juan asked

"You can claim those bodies. Just say 'Loot'" -The warrior said

"Loot" - Dex and Juan said

With a light covering the bodies, it was transformed into a pile of nails, bones, and wings. They picked up the nails, bones, and wings. They went back to the village. 

 

-to be continued- 

1