DaiKami Daily – Vacation in Purgatory: DaiMachi
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Editor’s note: Now with 100% more writers, the DaiKami daily is proud to present its first weekly column! In this slightly less extravagant than usual but still extremely extravagant article, we will be guiding our readers through some of the best tourist spots in all of Makai.

DaiMachi is the largest city in Nobis and it’s not hard to see why. On the list of hot locations, it’s hard to beat relative safety from Kaiju attacks, being eaten AND homework. As a foreigner to DaiMachi myself, it’s hard to even believe that such a place exists. But sure enough, there it is.

However, if you come to DaiMachi for the security, you’ll certainly stay for the shopping opportunities. The great city’s markets are simply second to none in terms of the sheer variety of what’s available. No matter what you’re looking for, you can always find someone willing to sell it in DaiMachi. Just make sure you can afford their price first!

If attractions are more to your taste, DaiMachi is also home to the second largest arcade in Makai. The very biggest is of course in my home society of Venus Cloacina, but even Dai-Sensei can’t compete with the combined video game demand of every student in VCA. Not that it stops him from trying! What the Dai Arcade lacks in size it makes up for in variety, with several games that can be found nowhere else. I recommend Super Goku Ball Z. Just know that you will never be able to beat my high score!

Last but certainly not least: What good eats are there in DaiMachi? Just like everything else, you’d be hard pressed to find a sort of food that doesn’t have at least one shop specializing in it. All the same, there are some stand out items. My personal recommendation goes to the street carts offerings like Takoyaki, Okonomiyaki and a variety of Rice Noodle Bowls. The DaiKami daily editor herself swears on Pride Bars, although some may find it to be more of an acquired taste. Finally, it would be criminal to not mention Dai-Sensei’s own personal restaurant. It has a waiting list that could fill the infinite space between here and the moons, but if you can get in you’ll be eating some of the most lavish food ever cooked.

Columnist: Mab
Editor: Excellen Goku

2