MCS – School Leader
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Attention faculty. Please report to the Artemis building immediately for cleaning duty.

Zombies. Ven was starting to hate zombies. This was the third outbreak this month and the infection spread so easily through her students! It was almost enough to make her consider modifying her recipe. Almost. She would need to strip away some of their obliviousness to make them competent at avoiding hazards like the undead. If she did that, she’d lose quality control on the demons her school produced and might even risk the students themselves running out of control. Besides, they might not defend themselves all that well from hungry ghouls, but at least they didn’t notice it when others went missing for the same reason.

Veneralia checked her frizzled ginger hair to make sure it was still tied in a bun and then headed for Artemis herself.

No, what she really needed to figure out was which idiot kept bringing tainted food into her school! It wouldn’t be one of her clan. As a rule she didn’t make Demons with that kind of diet. That meant it was one of the faculty members. Maybe a coach? Any maneater was a suspect.

The first zombie came into view as the head mistress rounded a corner. The zombie's skin had a dirty grey tone, with bits of flesh sagging as if it didn’t properly cling to the muscle and bone underneath. The former student’s uniform was torn and she had bite marks on her cheek and arms. More importantly, she wasn’t in Artemis.

Ven swore under her breath and once again flipped the mental switch which would broadcast her voice across the campus. “Attention. The incident in Artemis has spread to the Athena Complex. Please lock down classrooms until the incident has been dealt with. All faculty are to immediately seek to contain it before it spreads further!

With a wave of her hand Ven’s eyes flashed red as she summoned a fireball and obliterated the offending Zombie before her. From the small pile of ash that remained, a misty fog came forth and quickly dissipated in the air, returning to the shroud.

Ven allowed herself a moment of satisfaction at the sight, then turned and headed in the opposite direction. At this rate it could take weeks to replace all the lost students. She needed someone competent to clean up this mess. She was heading for the student council.

2