DaiKami Daily – Vacation in Purgatory: Venus Cloacina
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After DaiMachi, Venus Cloacina is probably the largest city in Nobis, centered of course on the massive Venus Cloacina Academy. Also known as the Infinite Campus, there is almost nowhere you can go in the city where you won’t be able to see the Academy’s Campus or that of one of its subsidiaries.

In terms of safety precautions, there is relatively little outside of the standard fair that you need to be prepared for. The city is home to many Demi-Humans who are susceptible to certain infections so the odd zombie outbreak is not abnormal. The greater concern for most tourists is to keep out a sharp eye and avoid the administration. Cross paths with the wrong bureaucrat and you’ll find yourself assigned to cleaning duty or, worse, given homework! On the bright side, you will rarely ever be in bodily danger in VC and there are quite a lot of sights to see for the wayward traveler.

In terms of sights, there is nothing quite like the VC Main Library. A favourite of adventurers, this
towering building is said to contain a copy of every book ever written. The interior is a literal maze filled with the dangers that come with haphazardly stored magic. Hiring a guide is strongly recommended, or you’re likely to get lost and waste your whole vacation within its walls.

Another uncommon sight are the many shrines to Veneralia throughout the city. Your average demon has little need for prayer, but each shrine sells a unique charm in addition to various mass produced accessories. Many of these shrines are also nearby excellent viewing platforms, so I recommend visiting them for that reason alone.

As mentioned in the guide to DaiMachi, VC also contains the largest Arcade in Nobis. If a crowded room with flashing lights is more your speed, there is no better place to go.

Finally, what guide would be complete without touching on the good eats of Venus Cloacina! Fast Food Cafeterias can be found throughout VC and are often a lot more nutritious than their reputation may suggest. But for the best eating experience I would recommend one of the many small Cafes that can be found throughout the city. Some have divine food, others host events and performances. In terms of specific dishes, it will vary a lot from cafe to cafe, but the one thing that excels above all others is the dessert menu.

Columnist: Mab
Editor: Excellen Goku

2