Chapter 5
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is absolutely strange. Well, no need to get a migraine over that, probably nothing important. Now all I need is a good sleep and then think about it later.

...

...

...

No, no, no, no. I shouldn't fall for the pattern. What if something extremely weird happened. What if I woke up mid-surgery and I...ummm...happen to see the doctor trading my kidneys. Then maybe the shock made me forget everything. What if they were goblins and were feasting on my body!!

Maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but either way I probably shouldn't be this blissful considering my situation. Now let me think. My name is Gambit XXXX, I know I hate saying my second name since it's embarrassing, I live alone in a small apartment in Blitz city, about 30 minutes from Norton hospital. I think that's where I am. I've always wanted to be a writer with lots to published works but I never had the talent, not even enough for web novels. Therefore I settled for a simple warehouse job as a supervisor to earn my paycheck. As for friends and family, I have a little sister who's two years younger than me but already has her life put together. 

I never considered seeking help from her even though she offered, but I never hesitated to help her out. After all, she's my little sibling. She's now married to a bank manager at Yusuo global bank's branch in this city. I never liked that guy, since he was one of my first friends since graduating college. When he approached me, I thought it was due to my charm or the things we had in common but I never expected that it was to get close to my sister. And when I found out, it was already too late and he had already made my sister fall for him. If it wasn't for the fact that he was sincere and revealed it himself, I would have done everything in my power to separate them. Like, Cmon, HOW DARE YOU!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WE SUFFERED AFTER OUR PARENTS PASSED AWAY!! THE MANY HOURS AND SHIFTS WE TOOK FOR OUR EDUCATION AND LIFESTYLE!!?! YOU WILL NEVER KNOW! A YOUNG MASTER LIKE YOU WHO NEVER WENT THROUGH ANY TROUBLE WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT WE HAD TO GIVE UP!  AND HOW DARE YOU TRICK ME AND MAKE OFF WITH MY SISTER!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Weird, why is the front door opening without a knock? I'm sure even a nurse has to knock first, in case I'm awake. Now this is strange, why is there a   person on a wheelchair coming in from the door? And why does she have a pillow in her thighs? I..I can't think of anything right now, because all of a sudden she glared at me and threw the pillow, gunning for my face. That was followed by a loud shout.

"Would you please SHUT UP!! SOME PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP AND THIS ISN'T YOUR HOME. EVEN IF IT WAS, I WILL STILL MAKE YOU SHUT UP,  LET ME RECOVER IN PEACE!"

....

As she finished, she turned her wheels away and rolled back through the door while leaving the dumbstruck me.

Vicious.

"Ma'am, Ma'am. You left your pillow. MA'...am. Ok I will quiet down." I didn't have any more will to say anything further. Calm down, calm down. My soul almost escaped from my body. How scary. Maybe I should have gotten some sleep like I thought before. Actually hold on, why not tour around a little bit. Maybe stretch my muscles.

Since the white gown was uncomfortable. I decided to slowly change into my normal pants, since I couldn't remove the I.V and change the top too. 

Walking to an open window, I gazed at the far distance. Seems like my floor is pretty high, since I can see the dawn and setting sun. Now I know why the ancients thought the sun was hanging out in the clouds, because seeing that sight makes you feel like a celestial body is watching over you during the day, and going to rest for the night.

What kind of crap am I thinking? Must be a side effect from the treatment. Actually what kind of treatment is it for? Why was I brought into this hospital? All I remember was pain all over then I fainted. Let me check myse-

PA

A cracking sound suddenly went off in my ear. What... what is happening? Why is everything going dark? Am I dying? i-I can't think. So this how I die huh. I guess my life was short lived. Please, as my first and last friend, Raymond, take care of my sister and never make her sad. Hahaha, so this is all I will ever amount t-.

....

"to. I guess I will never know how I died. This will be another unknown mystery in the vast universe, goodbye world."

"Hehehe, so... what do you think? I put in a lot of hard work and this is my best work. I guarantee a Hugo award nomination this year."

After listening to those words, a slightly chubby fellow sitting on a white work chair behind a glass table suddenly clenched his fist. He ground his teeth and forced out a few words.

"You...you GET OUT!"

"What-

"GET OUT! AND DON'T....JUST GET OUT"

"Okay, okay, I'm leaving. At least tell me w-"

"I said GET OUUTTT!"

....

In a certain faraway place, two beings sat in two chairs of different height. One would think it's due to different in stature but looking at their height difference, one would conclude they're just comfortable in their chairs. The slightly taller being turned to the shorter one and spoke.

" It's ridiculous, isn't it?"

The shorter being replied," Yes, it's too ridiculous. It  makes no sense, first and third point of view are mixed up, the grammar is all over the place. There is no hardwork involved at all."

"I think whoever wrote this was doing it for fun, let me check. Reverse this a bit for me, I want to find out who."

The shorter being replied, a bit astonished," You... that's invasion of privacy. Those guys might get angry and give you a cold shoulder for a long time."

"Do it anyway, besides, I have some stuff that will appease them."

The shorter being said," you mean... nevermind let's just do it."

....

"Hmmm. Interesting, it's Gambit, the one with the weird second name."

Suprised, the shorter being said," Weird name Gambit??"

"That's quite a weird title you gave him.  Anyway, it's him. Haha, I like that brat. Now please do me a favour. Would you go help him finish it. I will also give you some of the good stuff."

The shorter guy exclaimed and spoke," you mean... you should have led with that. Hahaha. It will be very easy to do so. I mean, the little brat just died"

"Ok, I won't see in you in a long time. Godspeed."

"Hmm, you take care of yourself too. Bye"

Immediately, he disappeared then and there. 

...

Just then, the tall being turned around and faced back, looking at a silhouette that perfectly resembles the shorter being who just left and asked in a deep voice without concealing his grin.

"So.... how was it?"

0