Chapter 6
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mrr-Mr.Ken. That's honestly what I could come up with, and I think it's great. It may be my first time writing a book since....um....I graduated but I think it's worthy of a publishing for the company."

Standing near a wooden door, a youth, full of vigor, turned back to say his last piece at his boss. Looking closely, one can notice his clean shaved head, a casual clothing style of the late 20th Century and a gait of a hardworking young man. Although his deep brown eyes demonstrate a hint of tiredness, the passionate vigor exuded from his body completely hid the fatigue hidden in the back of his mind. He didn't even flinch when his boss tried to chase him out of the office and fired back with a question of concern for his work.

"Ho, it seems you've gotten confident these few days you took a break. Very well, I will tell you your mistakes. This entire work, is total nonsense"

"But-"

"Let me finish, you probably didn't know what you were doing right? I can forgive that. It's like you t

had so many ideas in your head but didn't know what to write down. Take this for example. You even incorporated part of your real life into this article."

"But it's a nove-"

"No. it's not even an article, it's a freakin essay. You  know that here at Kendy Publishers, we sort out authors' works and pieces of news to publish and edit right? And almost every work that reaches us has been vetted by countless staff and the authors' personal editors. Therefore if you knew that, why did you just scramble together some nonsense and send it to me like it's the next big thing?"

"Would you please explai-"

"Exactly, what the hell is going on? Did you write about a fever dream? Did you have some kind of nightmare while you were in the hospital and decided that was inspiration? Everybody was worried when you slipped and fell onto live wires. It was a miracle you survived. You don't know how your brother in law Raymond and sister hassled me phonecalls to keep your job and that you will cure quickly. Even I never expected that in just two months you would return completely healed. Enough about that..."

The youth thought to himself," Hmm. Why is he retelling the story when I already know of it. I guess that's fat Ken for you. I heard he can even nag old mothers into submission. I should consider myself let off easily since we entered the company at the same time and he used to have a crush at my sister. Otherwise I would be too drained to return to work."

"Where was I, as I was saying. This is just too terrible, I'm actually hurt somebody can write this nonsense and call it a written work. What were you trying to do, write some kind of ambiguous mystery? With you as the protagonist? You even named the main character Gambit and your famous office title, weird name Gambit. Even though you altered the true story of your family, you can't hide it from anyone that this is based on you."

The young man, Gambit, said once again," But boss, as you can see, I was trying out a fantasy mystery story including a guy who dies and discovers mysteries after death, only to be brought back to life by a defibrillator and loss of memories.  Isn't that wonderful?"

"Wonderful, my ass. What terrible structure, grammar, tone, setting, vocab, concept and.... everything else."

Gambit replied immediately, "But I tried it with my friends, they all liked it and thought it was a pretty ok story."

Seething in rage, Ken fired back," Pretty OK!? You should know they were just consoling you, since you seemed pretty out of since you came back from the hospital and this is the only normal thing you did."

Gambit replied once again to his boss, feeling a little sad," nevertheless, I still think this is pretty good, albeit a bit raw. You can ignore the weird POV's and background characters a bit, but you can't say the whole thing is terrible."said the youth, confidently.

As if triggered at that moment, the slightly chubby boss behind the glass table stood up a pointed a thick finger at him.

"You...go back to your technician department and don't return unless I need you for something."

Feeling that talking further will touch his bottom line, Gambit quickly sneaked away, not even to stay for a moment lest he is fired on the spot. He has never met anyone this domineering, aside from the patient in the wheelchair who caught him singing out loud.

He completely hid that fact that twisted it into a passionate tale of a remorseful young man whose only sibling was taken into the clutches of a heartless bastard who manipulated him into a false friend and left him with a betrayed and labefactioned heart. 

What everyone didn't know was that something just as ridiculous as his written narrative occured.

...

Two months ago

Right as the young stud started to peer into the endless darkness and lose grip to his fading consciousness. He was awakened by a blinding golden light and a feeling of endless exhilaration. Without further ado, he regained a grasp of his surroundings and saw the most magnificent sight imaginable. Without time to contemplate what was happening, he heard tremendously impossible voice.

"Why does thee couch a hogshead on the mayest morning. Art thou a loiter-sack?"

Ah, Nani!

" What harm can your bisson conspectuities glean out of this character." 

"if I be known well enough too? You know neither me, yourselves, nor anything."

The youth contemplated,"The exhilaration feeling suddenly disappeared and a normal feel returned. I think I spoke the right password."

"Hmm. A man of culture I see, why do you appear in this seat's territory?"

The youth suddenly got confused and thought he heard wrongly. "why does he call himself this seat?   And territory? What does that mean?"

"Hmm, interesting. The famed weird name Gambit.  I guess you don't know me, probably will never but now I understand how you can be in my territory."

0