Rainy Day Antiques
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the soft and peaceful melody of pitter and pattering rain lay a cozy and warm antique store. The antique store wasn’t too big nor too small, it was the perfect size for a warm atmosphere. The owner, Edward, had often joked that it was his perfect hamster nest. Filled to the brim with trinkets and antiques, if you searched just a bit more, you can find stories of wonder hidden inside all of these old objects.  

The store was located in one of the quieter places in town, just by an amazing café, Sunshine Café. These two polar opposite names really match, huh? After all, hanging above the entrance to that land of stories and wonder, was a sign that said, Rainy Day Antiques. Isn’t it a splendid name?

Rainy Day Antiques had three windows at the front of the shop, two on either side of the door, as well as one that was located at the top of the door. This window allowed plenty of sunshine to come through, that or for letting people know that they are plenty welcome to come in and look around.

Of course, the warm, hazy orange light that shone through the windows was a very friendly greeting, especially so on a rainy night like ours. If you walk through the door, you would be greeted by the quiet, but gentle middle-aged owner, Edward.

“Meow~” Oh and of course, his cat named Missy. Inside the store was the lovely smell of old books and wooden furniture, as well as the delicate and refreshing aroma of rain and grass that just came along with you through the door. If you smelled it again, you could detect the subtle scent of  sweet hot-chocolate. There is a reason why Rainy Day Antiques is right next to Sunshine Café after all. Edward loves sweets.

If you would look around, you could see a bookshelf carved with exquisite engravings, the bookshelf of course being filled with old books. Beside it was another smaller shelf, filled with all sorts of different old bells. Missy must love this shelf.

On the other side of the bookshelf was group of vintage furniture. A couch and different styles of chairs all gathered around an elegant and simple coffee table. Although I would bet my house and all of Missy’s cat food that not even one cup of coffee has been on that table since Edward had brought it into his shop. He had always said coffee was too bitter for him, although I certainly don’t want to talk about how much sugar and other types of sweeteners he puts in just one cup of tea or hot-chocolate. 

Above the couch that was snuggly placed right by the wall was a serene old Japanese painting. It was a scenery painting, filled with different shades of grey as it paints a whole world of beauty and serenity, the only color being the red crown of a crane, the crane being just by the lake. The lake lying in front of a mountain while beside a forest of bamboo.  

On the other side of the antique store was the front counter, where you could find Edward and Missy if you would need something. That being if you need help finding or grabbing something or maybe just someone who would listen to you with there full attention. Of course I don’t think Missy could, however Edward certainly can. 

Missy, a Russian blue, lay sprawled comfortably across the counter. Her little head right by Edward’s mug, she was probably sucking in the heat of it. Edward’s drink was probably filled with a sickeningly sweet drink. Missy’s purrs could be heard as they mixed in with the smooth and soft jazz and as well as the pitter patters of the rain.

Right next to the counter was a piano, the piano seemingly playing itself. However no need to worry, it was no ghost but the mechanic parts inside of it. Edward had bought this beauty when it was damaged, almost to the point of being unrepairable. However with a lot of time and care, he fixed it right up. Just like people, with a lot of time, care, and work, they too can mend.

Edward has listened to many stories, both of happiness and hurt. By the end of the story, you would hear his words of affirmation, “It will be alright, you will be alright.” 

You do not need to be fixed, you just need time to mend. No one can fix you, but they can help you. So if you need, let Edward listen to your story. I can tell you that no matter how bizarre your story is, it will never be as bizarre as that time Missy brought home two strangers who both had a story to tell. 

Anyway, just take a look around. If you want a place where no one will bother you, here it is. If you want a place to escape to and relax, here it is. If you want a place to inspire you with it’s stories, then here it is. If you want a place to talk and be listened to, here it is. If you want a place with a sweets loving owner and a silly fat cat to welcome you, here it is. This place being, Rainy Day Antiques. 

-FIN-

Author dearest has something to say!

Cats! June bugs are the worst and cats or my friends!

Rainy Day Antiques is a place with cats and NO June bugs!!



1