Cactus, Oh Cactus, What Is Your Joy?
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am a cactus. I cannot move like humans, I cannot feel nor see like humans. I am just a plant. However, I have a human whom I adore. They take care of me, they talk to me, but most importantly, they make me happy. 

Although I cannot respond to them, I hope that by showing my love in little ways, I too can make them happy. I can grow big for them, I can even bloom flowers for them. If they need, I can just be a way for them to feel relaxed. 

Although my human often cries, and even makes alot of mistakes, but I still love them. They often forget to take care of themselves and instead take care of me, this makes me wonder if I should just disappear so that they can take care of themselves instead; but I know that that's also how they think when it comes to themself so I won't. 

My human is just like me, they cannot communicate well, but they are trying. They cannot feel the way others do, but they are getting better. Alot better.

My human is just like a plant, they need water and sunshine. They also need care and love, with that they can grow faster! However, my human feels that being like this hard and being like this makes them useless, they often say how it must feel awful to be unable to move or talk. That the only thing I can do is rely on others to take care of me till they get bored. Though I think, my human is exceedingly kind, they won't do that. Although I also think, that it's fine if they did, because I am a cactus, I won't die that easily. 

But unlike me, my human would fall apart if they were thrown away. So please be kind. They just need some time. Though I am unable to talk nor move, I still wish for your happiness. So just like you take care of me, please take care of yourself. 

This is a reminder, do something simple but worthwhile. Like drink more water or go outside, take a shower, eat a proper amount of meals today. You'll feel better, even if it's not now, I promise you eventually will. You just gotta put time and care into it, just like taking care of a plant so that it may bloom some pretty flowers for you. I am a cactus, a happy cactus. You are worthwhile, but not simple, you are my joy.

A little cactus's joy.

1