The Krockman: He Arrives (part 5)
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cruising down the road towards Spokane Washington, Krockman and Roquella were driving along, the wind blowing in their hair. "This is relaxing, isn't it?" Roquella said cheerfully. "Just driving down the road like mortals, taking our time, and seeing the sights." "Yeah, well just remember, we aren't on vacation. We're going to do a job and that's that," Krockman replied, lazily looking at the world passing by. Looking towards her boyfriend, Roquella said, "Since when do you show this much effort?" "Hey, I show a lot of effort when it comes to my work," Krockman retorted. "I only stop putting in an effort after I give the people what they want. After that, whatever happens happens." "Okay, enthusiasm aside, you should really slow yourself. You've been run ragged lately," Roquella said, concerned for Krockman's well being. "Hey babe, don't worry about me. I may not care, but that doesn't mean I'm going to quit out of the blue," Krockman reassured his girlfriend. "My grandpa was a truck driver for forty years, and did he quit when the company he worked for shutdown? No. He went to another company and worked for them. He did quit after slipped on an ice slick and broke his hip however." "Okay, first of all, all that story does is make me feel bad for you and your grandpa," Roquella replied, casting an aside glance at Krockman. "And second of all, I've seen your schedule and all the jobs you've done. When was the last time you've slept?" "Today's Tuesday, right?" Krockman asked in reply. "Yes," Roquella answered worriedly. "So it's been like three days since I've last slept," Krockman answered. "Krockman?!" Roquella shouted. "Seriously, if you're not going to take a break, at least take a nap until we get to Spokane!" "Alright! Alright! I'll take a nap! Jesus!" Krockman shouted. As he dozed off, Krockman's mind went back to the day he first met Roquella and the rest of his friends. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was cold day in Limbo (or night considering there doesn't seem to be any indication of the passage of time). The skies were grey, a cool breeze blew through the air, and driving down the road was the lost soul Misfit and his newest charge, Cooper Krockman. Having been recently deemed unfit for either Heaven or Hell and successfully transformed into a lost soul, Cooper was currently being driven to his new job as a border inspector for the boundary between Limbo and the other two afterlives. Looking towards the new lost soul, Misfit tried to comfort him, saying, "You know Cooper, it really isn't all that bad being in Limbo. I mean sure there's no reward, but there's also no punishment either." "So you and the celestial council thought it was a good idea to just stick me smack dab in the intersection between Limbo, Heaven, and Hell?" Cooper asked, clearly not in the mood to be friendly (having recently died and all). "Yeah, smart choice on that part." "Now Cooper, be reasonable..." Misfit began. Before he could say anything else however, Cooper interrupted, saying, "And that's another thing. Stop calling me by my first name. Just call me Krockman from now on." "I was only trying to be friendly," Misfit replied sheepishly. "Why the hell for?" Cooper scoffed. "From what I've heard, no body goes around on a first name basis anymore. Hell, you're not even on a first name basis with me, or do you really expect me to believe that your parents actually named you 'Misfit'." As Cooper said this, he noticed Misfit's hands clenching on the steering wheel, muttering to himself between gritted teeth, "Steady Preston, all you have to do is drop him off at the station and check on him every two weeks and that'll be it." Seeing the rage in the lost soul's eyes, Cooper simply shut up for the rest of the drive. 

Once they had arrived at the border station, Cooper and Misfit left the car, only to be greeted by a man in a uniform. "Good evening Misfit," the uniformed man said, shaking Misfit's hand. "I see we have a new employee today." "Good evening to you too Chief Roder," Misfit replied. "And yes, we do have a new employee for the border station. His name is Cooper Krockman and honestly, he's a piece of work." "Well, well, how interesting," Roder said, stroking his beard. "Your wife, Bathory, came by earlier with a new employee herself. Goes by the name Roquella." Panicking slightly, Misfit asked, "Oh god, the cow's not still here, is she?" "Don't worry Misfit. Bathory's already left," Roder reassured his friend. "Now then, you go on your way. I can take it from here." As Misfit left, Roder turned to Cooper and said, "Alright fresh meat, head inside and change into your new uniform." "Uh, shouldn't I be measured first before I get a uniform?" Cooper asked. Narrowing his eyes, Roder only scowled as he ordered, "Get going?" Seeing no way of reasoning with his new boss, Cooper only scurried off into the station. 

As Cooper walked into station, he was met with a rather pleasant surprise. Standing in the changing room was a beautiful woman, half dressed in her uniform. Her soft, round face was framed with a pair of glasses and brown hair that reached down to her shoulders. She was only wearing the top half of her uniform, which hugged her curves, accentuating her large chest and the soft, dome-like curvature of her small belly. Her pink striped panties hugged her large rear tightly, leading down to her long legs. Cooper stared on in arousal, feeling the blood rush away from his head and racing towards certain other areas. As Cooper stared, the woman realized that she was not alone, noticing Cooper was in the room with her. "Oh god!" the woman shouted, trying to pull the top half of her uniform down in an attempt to cover her panties. "What are you doing?" Snapping out of his lust filled daze, Cooper freaked out, saying, "Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I didn't realize..." "No, no, it's alright. It's not all your fault," the woman said, blushing a bit. "It's this stupid changing room. It's the only one in the entire station. That's the only thing worse than the fact that this uniform is two sizes too small." Looking the woman over, Cooper could only say, "Well, if it's any consolation, you really pull the uniform off well." "You really think so?" the woman asked. "Of course," Cooper said enthusiastically. "Well, that's awful sweet of you to say," the woman said. "The name's Roquella by the way." Cooper only smiled, introducing himself, "Krockman, Cooper Krockman." 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Krockman!" Roquella shouted, arousing Krockman from his sleep. "W-w-what? We're here already?" Krockman asked, smacking his lips as strands of saliva snapped in his open mouth. "Actually, we've been here for over ten minutes," Roquella replied. "I thought you could use the extra sleep." "Aw, that's sweet of you," Krockman said with a smiling. "So where the hell are we again?" "Randal University," Roquella answered. "That's where our client goes to." Handing Krockman a piece of paper, Roquella added, "Here's the job profile for our client that Lolita gave us. Has everything we need to know about our client." Looking the paper over, Krockman only nodded head, saying, "Alright, this seems legit." "So how are we going to do this? Warp into her room and wait for her to come back?" Roquella asked. "Nah, the last person I did that to threw a clock at my face," Krockman replied. "No, no, I think we should try a new tactic." 

In Fuldrum Hall of Randal University, Alexa Campbell was heading back to her dorm room, feeling like utter crap. Earlier that week, she and her friends, Elizabeth and Rebecca found out that the hottest guy on campus, Daniel Baker, had been seeing the psychology professor, Miss Ramirez. Of course, since all three girls were attracted to Daniel, they all went over to Ramirez's house to see if anything serious was going on. Of course, they saw some rather incriminating things at the house that they could use as blackmail, but ever since that loose end was taken care of, the three girls were now fighting amongst themselves over who gets to go out with Daniel. Ever since then, Alexa had been in the dumps, thinking about how he'll choose either Elizabeth or Rebecca over her. Sure she blossomed from some being completely geeky in high school to cute and nerdy in college, but Elizabeth was a freaking cheerleader with the svelte curves to match and Rebecca was a goth interested in classic literature, giving her an air of mystery. "How can I compete with either of them?" Alexa thought to herself as she sat down at her desk. 

Before she she even got comfortable, she heard a knock at the door. "Hm, I wonder who that could be?" Alexa asked herself. Opening the door, she found herself confronted by two strangers. One was a tall, lanky, scruffy faced man wearing a polo shirt and a trench coat, while the other was a curvy woman wearing a pair of glasses and a flannel shirt. "Good evening. Are you Alexa Campbell?" the man asked with a wide grin. "Yyyes," Alexa replied. "May I ask what this is about?" "Well my name is Krockman, this is my girlfriend Roquella, and we were wondering if we could ask you for a few minutes of your time," the man explained. To busy with her own issues, Alexa tried to close the door on the couple, only for Krockman to stop the door with his foot. Looking the girl in the eye, Krockman only replied, "You know we can keep this up forever. We literally have nothing else better to do... well, other than making sweet passionate love, and we're more than happy to do it right here if we have to." Disgusted by this, Alexa only cringed, saying, "Alright, come in." 

After the couple came in and made themselves comfortable, Krockman said, "Thank you for your cooperation Alexa. I'm certain you'll enjoy what we have to say." "Well it better be good," Alexa said as she sat herself at her desk. "I'm having a pretty crappy day today." "You mean about the love triangle you and your friends are in?" Krockman asked. "Wait, is it really accurate to call it a 'triangle'? Maybe a love quadrangle... a love triangular pyramid?" "Uh, what my boyfriend is trying to say is that we know about your love issues, and we're going to help," Roquella interjected. Looking confused, Alexa asked, "How do you know about my problems?" "That's not important right now," Krockman answered sternly. "What does matter is that we help you... for the right price." "Oh, um, how much do you charge then, because I'm kind of working off some student loans," Alexa said. Krockman only rubbed his chin for a second before asking, "What's your most valuable possession?" Thinking it over, Alexa went over to her shelf and pulled out a videogame box. "A videogame?" Krockman asked in disdain. "How is that precious?" "Well this isn't just any videogame," Alexa explained. "This is 'Violet Lane', one of the best psychological horror games to have ever been made, and this particular copy is one of the original hundred copies that was released back in 1999. I went to a lot of trouble just to find it, and a lot more trouble just to get the necessary system just to play it, but it was so worth it." Taking the game from the girl's hand and looking at it, Krockman said, "Oh yeah, I've heard of this game. There were like seven main titles to this series, right? They came out with a demo for a new one a couple years ago didn't they?" "Yeah, well the new game never came out due to budget problems, and the series was pretty much killed off at that point," Alexa answered. This only made Krockman smile, saying, "Ooh, massive amounts of determination just to get it and being from a failed series? Alright you convinced me! We're all in!" 

"That's wonderful! Thank you Krockman," Alexa said cheerfully. "No need to thank us. We're just doing our job," Roquella said. "Now if you'll just lend us your phone so we can get your friends' contacts. Then we can get started." "Oh sure. Here you go," Alexa said, nervously handing her phone over to Krockman. Opening the phone and copying the numbers down, Krockman said, "Alright I think that's everything. We'll just need to figure how to..." As Krockman was explaining, he noticed something strange in the group message between Alexa and her friends. It was a picture of a Latina in her early thirties sitting on a couch that was taken outside from a window. What really stood out, however, was what she was wearing: a pair of oversized pink toddler overalls, a pink bow in her hair, a white t-shirt, and judging from the noticeable bulge around her crotch, a diaper. The woman was sucking on a pacifier and holding a stuffed rabbit as she was watching a toddler cartoon on the television. Krockman only stared at the picture for a few minutes, placing a hand to his chin before asking, "Okay, okay. What... the jibbity jam... am I looking at here?" "Um, that's our psychology professor, Miss Ramirez," Alexa explained nervously. Looking back at the picture, then looking back at Alexa, Krockman asked, "Why do you have a picture of her dressed as a... you know what, never mind. I'd rather not know about it." "Uh, okay then. I think we know exactly what to do about your problem," Roquella said, unnerved by the picture. "We'll give you a call when we're done." With that, the couple took their leave. As they walked down the hall, Krockman said, "Well that went better than expected." "Well it's not that surprising," Roquella replied with a sly grin. "Your people skills have improved a lot since the border days." 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days had passed since Cooper and Roquella started working at the border station. The two worked as border inspectors, checking passports, letting in people who met the criteria and denying those who did not (and detaining those who got too pushy). There were other employees at the station as well. Manning the baggage inspections were Ramses Repner (a rather skinny one eyed dude that everyone referred to as "Z-Wrap") and Adelaide Macafee (a young woman with silky black hair and a slightly hooked nose). At the orientation room were Jim "Chunko" Chunsky (a big, burly southern guy who lived up to his nickname) and a handsome fellow only known as Alucard. Finally, there were several guards, but the only one that stood out to Cooper was a black guy by the name of Lamar Clemson. Frankly, it was a miracle he bothered to remember any of the other employees beyond Roquella, seeing as he still had not gotten over his own death (and it truly showed in his lackluster performance). 

After performing yet another half-assed inspection, Cooper turned around, confronted by Alucard and Chunko. "Oh, hey you guys," Cooper said, barely paying any attention as he turned his gaze towards Roquella (who was seated right across from his booth, dressed in her tight fitting uniform). "Shouldn't you guys be back at the orientation room or something?" "Well Cooper... er, Krockman, we just wanted to have a word with y'all," Chunko replied. "See, the thing is, we've been gettin a lot of strongly worded letters from the folks y'all' ve been sendin through." "What kind of letters?" Cooper asked. Alucard only pulled out a stack of letters, saying, "We asked the people to right down their experience with the inspectors, and while most of the letters about Roquella were good, the ones about you mostly involved them calling you 'disinterested, lazy, or a complete asshole'. Frankly it seems a bit harsh, but still." Cooper (or rather Krockman) only shrugged, replying, "Meh, why should I care what they think? Half of them pretty much treat us like crap, and the other half thinks we have it to good." "True as that may be, y'all should care what these people think of you," Chunko answered sternly. "Y'all know who reads these letters? Chief Roder, that's who, and if he thinks you're half-assing it, he'll dock your pay." Hearing this, Krockman's eyes widened, saying, "Seriously, he'll dock my pay? Wait, what's the currency in the afterlife called? Shreds of life?" "That's what you're focusing on? The name of our currency?" Alucard asked in an annoyed tone. "Look, your problem isn't that hard to fix. Just be nice to the next person who comes through. Oh, here's one now!" 

Looking towards the head head of the line, Krockman saw a bearded hippie strolling towards the booth. Squinting at the hippie, Chunko asked, "You fellers know who that is?" Taking a closer look at the man, Alucard gasped slightly, saying "Oh my god. That's Doug Shershow." "Who the hell Doug Shershow?" Krockman asked. "Only one of the most famous celebrities in the afterlife," Alucard answered. Looking at the man, Krockman only said, "Looks more like a burnout than a celebrity." "Well, that's mainly because he is, or at least he was in life," Chunko replied. "But he did somethin that everyone in the afterlife thought was impossible." Looking rather intrigued, Krockman asked, "What did he do?" "Well, I believe it was back in 1974," Alucard began. "Shershow and a few friends of his were walking through the woods one night when the came across a patch of magic mushrooms. Of course, being the stoners they were, they had themselves a little mushroom party. When the shrooms took affect, Shershow just went on this two hour long speech about what was in the afterlife. By the time he finished, he had somehow managed to correctly guess 98% of the afterlife (bear in mind, all the major religions in the world only ever managed to get 3% of it right). The powers that be were so impressed, they gave him free access to all afterlives and his portrait is hanging in ever major office and building in the afterlife, including this booth." Looking at the back of his booth, Krockman saw that this was true, the baggy eyes of the painting looking right into his soul. "Oh, here he comes now!" Chunko said as the hippie approached. Seeing this, Krockman prepared himself for inspection. 

"Hello sir!" Krockman said cheerfully as Shershow arrived at the booth. "Do you have your papers ready?" The hippie only slowly blinked a couple of times, saying, "Wha...? I thought the big glowing dude said I didn't need any papers man?" "Well, I don't know what to tell you sir? Processing paperwork is part of the system," Krockman explained. "Well, maybe I can make it interesting for you man," Shershow said, placing something on the counter. Looking down, Krockman saw that it was a mushroom. Looking disgusted, Krockman only asked, "Seriously? You're trying to bribe me with magic mushrooms?" Shershow was not paying attention, staring at the portrait of himself on the booth wall, saying, "Woah. Is that me over there? Oh man, this is getting freaky man. I'm out of here." With that, the hippie left, leaving Krockman with the mushroom. Looking at the mushroom with curiosity, Krockman reluctantly decided to try it. When he ate the mushroom, the world around him turned into a melting, tie-dye wonderland. His eyes dilated in a tripped out state, Krockman could only say, "Oh shit dude, I'm trippin baaaaaaaaaaaalls!" Noticing Chunko standing behind him, Krockman said, "Woah, Chunko you're looking a little weird today. You know you got like feeler growing out of your eyes?" Krockman chuckled at this before passing out on the counter. Two hours later, Krockman woke up with a massive hangover, saying, "Oh god, I should not have eaten that mushroom." 

As Krockman nursed his headache, he noticed a good sized dog sitting in front of him. Feeling glad for once, Krockman reached out to pet the dog, saying, "Hey there little guy. Where'd you come from?" Before he had a chance to touch the dog, however, the dog's eyes began to glow a bright red as it said in a demonic voice, "Time is gone. Space is insane. You slowly feel your face melting off as if you never had one." Staring at the dog in abject fear, Krockman slowly pushed himself back into his booth, huddled underneath the counter and whimpered, "I'm scared and I need a hug." As Krockman was hiding in his booth, Alucard and Chunko were heading back to the orientation room when they noticed the dog. "Krockman met Fenrir the hell hound?" Chunko asked. "Krockman met Fenrir the hell hound," Alucard confirmed as they walked on, leaving the poor inspector to cower alone in his booth. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the dormitory kitchen, Krockman and Roquella were waiting at a table with a thermos of tea. Tapping her fingers on the table, Roquella asked, "Okay, I know you said you wanted to try something new, but wouldn't it just be easier to use your golden mist on them?" "Yes, but this way, the transformation will be slower," Krockman explained. That way we can savor it as we watch." As they were talking, they saw their targets walking in. The first was Rebecca, her long, silky black hair flowing down her back. She was dressed in a pair of black jean shorts and a black tshirt, with lace stockings and lace gloves and black eyeliner and lipstick to complete the look. The other was Elizabeth, who was still in her cheerleading uniform, her brown hair still up in a ponytail. Of course considering the urgent text message the two girls got, they didn't have time to really change into anything else. Krockman smiled a bit as he watched the girls approach the table, which caught Roquella's eye. "And just what are you staring at?" Roquella asked suspiciously. "Last time I checked, you prefer your girls extra large." "Trust me I do," Krockman replied. "I'm just excited to see how this is going to play out." 

The two girls made their way to the table, sitting themselves down in front of the two strangers. "So you're the ones who sent us that text message?" Rebecca asked. "Indeed we are," the man at the table replied. "My name is Krockman, this is Roquella, and we are with the Board of College Conduct." Looking at the two, Elizabeth asked, "So what's this all about? I had to leave cheerleading practice for this." Settle down, we'll get to that soon enough," Roquella said, grabbing the thermos and pouring the tea into a pair of cups. "In the meantime, have some tea. It will calm your nerves." Taking the cups, the girls quietly sipped their tea, waiting for the two board members to say what they have to say. "Now then, we received word that you two and another student have been partaking in some rather unsavory conduct involving a teacher," Krockman said, pulling out a smartphone. "One Miss Ramirez." Having said this, Krockman opened up the phone, revealing the girl's blackmail picture. Staring at the picture, Elizabeth could only stammer, "W-w-what am I looking at?" "Save it! Alexa told us everything," Roquella stated with authority. "Mind you, she'll be punished as well, but we're not talking about her right now. We're talking about you two." 

"Wait, hold on a minute," Rebecca said hastily. "Why are we the only ones being punished? What about Miss Ramirez?" Krockman only smiled smugly, saying, "What about her?" Looking shocked, Elizabeth shouted, "What do you mean 'what about her'! She's dressed like a freaking baby! It just doesn't seem appropriate for a psychology professor to do, and even if she wasn't a professor, it's just... just... really weird." "I don't see it that way," Krockman replied nonchalantly. "You see, many people have ways of dealing with stress, and I admit it is a little weird, but unless she's doing something illegal, we aren't legally obligated to take action. What we can do, however, is take action when students think it's a good idea to blackmail people. That is what we're legally obligated to do." "But it's not fair!" Elizabeth whined, sounding more like a frustrated little girl than a college student. "She should be kicked out! Why are you weirdos helping her?! You think it's cool to act like a baby?!" At that point, Elizabeth popped her thumb into her mouth and started sucking, the digit impairing her speech as she added, "Shee? Ahm da coowest!" Staring at her friend as she sucked her thumb, Rebecca said to the two board members, "I'm so sorry about this. She's just a really petty person." Looking at the thumb sucking cheerleader, Roquella said, "It's alright Becky. Girls her age tend to be a bit fussy." 

Staring at the young woman, Rebecca asked, "Girls her age? What are you..." As she was about to aske, Rebecca heard Elizabeth moan slightly behind her thumb, drawing the goth's attention. "Um, Elizabeth, you can stop sucking your thumb now. We all got the point," Rebecca said, slightly disgusted by the cheerleader's moaning. Elizabeth only looked towards her friend, shaking her head in refusal as she continued sucking. Losing patience, Rebecca grabbed Elizabeth's arm, shouting, "Seriously, knock it off! You're being gross!" Noticing her arm being tugged at, Elizabeth squirmed and struggled, only to fall out of her chair. "Oh goodness! Is she alright?" Roquella asked in a motherly tone. "Children her age should be treated gently." "Okay, what are you talking about? She's fine! She's not a..." Rebecca started, only to stop when she saw her friend, rendered speechless by what she saw. Elizabeth's clothing had changed dramatically from her cheerleading uniform to what appeared to  be a onesie with the words "Leaky Little Cutie" across her chest. Her ponytail had split into two pigtails, each tied up with red ribbon to match her onesie. Looking at the leg holes of the onesie, Rebecca could see the white, crinkly material of a diaper poking out. Even Elizabeth's body seemed different, her curves (while still exsisting) had been reduced, making her appear younger than she really was. She was sitting on the ground, crying from her sudden fall. Krockman and Roquella seemed unphased by all of this, with Krockman getting up and saying, "I'm gonna grab some chips." Once Krockman had left, Roquella burst into a fit of laughter, as if she had been holding it in this whole time. "Oh my god! Look how cute she is!" she shouted, reaching over to the babyfied cheerleader and pinching her cheek. "You're just a little cutie pie, aren't you Lizzie?" Soothed by the attention, Elizabeth (or rather Lizzie) giggled a bit. "What did you do to her?" Rebecca asked, still shocked by her friend's sudden transformation. Ignoring Rebecca, Roquella continued doting on Lizzie, saying, "You won't have to worry about going to cheerleading practice anymore Lizzie Wizzie. Maybe when you're older, your mommy can take you to some junior tumbling classes." "Okay seriously! Are you two even from the Board of College Conduct?" Rebecca shouted, growing frustrated. "What have you done to her you... you... big dummyhead!" At that moment, Krockman came back with two bags of chips, saying, "Okay, all they had left were barbecue. What did I miss?" "Well, little miss goth here just had a sudden drop in maturity," Roquella replied, savoring the look of shock on Rebecca's face. "And it's only going to get worse." 

As Rebecca stood there, she felt herself changing, mind and body. First, she felt her curves growing smaller and a purple bow forming in her hair. Her clothes began to change as well, her shirt lighting up to a pale purple as the words "Spooky Pie" formed across the chest, while her shorts turned into a purple diaper with little bat designs on it. Even her make up changed, fading away, leaving only purple lipstick behind. Her lace gloves vanished as her stockings shortened into purple, frilly socks. The biggest change, however, was in her mind, slowly growing fuzzier by the minute. "Aw, look at her, Krockybear," Roquella said, pointing at the regressing goth. "She won't be reading Poe anytime soon. Hell, at this rate, Becky won't be able to read Dr. Seus anytime soon." "No, no, no!" Rebecca shouted as the last shreds of her maturity faded away. "I'm a big girl! I'm not a baby! I notta baby! I... I... I..." At that point, with the last of her adult mind gone, Becky broke down crying, scared, confused, desperately wanting someone to hold her. Looking down at Lizzie and Becky, Roquella smiled, saying, "Aren't they just the cutest things you've ever seen? Now that that's settled, it's time to call in." Giggling with malicious glee as he pulled out his phone, Krockman said, "God, this is the most fun I've had in a cafeteria since the border station. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a week since Krockman came to the border station. Ever since Alucard and Chunko gave him advice, Krockman had been the personification of joy and optimism. Enjoyable at first, this optimism soon grew irritating to everyone around him. This all came to a head when everyone went on lunch break on the seventh day. Locking up his booth, Krockman turned back towards the crowds and shouted cheerfully, "Okay! Everyone head to cafeteria! We're going on lunch break!" Heading towards the cafeteria, Krockman walked by Roquella's side, smiling all the way. 

Having received their lunchboxes, Krockman and Roquella sat at their table with Adelaide and Z-Wrap. "Would you look at all this," Krockman said as he opened his lunchbox. "Everyone gets meat, everyone gets veggies, everyone gets bread and pudding! Oh, it's like fuckin thanksgiving up in here!" Everyone else at the table only grumbled at this, while Z-Wrap clenched his fork particularly tight. Biting into the stale bread, Krockman began commenting on his lunch with a grotesque amount of optimism. "Oh god, this bread's got that wonderful styrofoam texture, all nice and buttered up! Ooh and the meat has a nice rubber-like quality, kind of like eating a flavorful shoe! And the veggies? Waterlogged to perfection!" Krockman shouted excitedly. "Oh and the pudding..." "Shut up!" Z-Wrap shouted, finally having enough of Krockman's optimism. "Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut the hell up!"

Shocked for a minute, Krockman could only squeak out, "Excuse me?" "Stop with the fake optimism already man!" Z-Wrap shouted in furry. "You're driving everyone crazy!" "What? Come on! I'm just trying to be positive here," Krockman retorted. "Well, um, Krockman, you're kind of taking it too far," Roquella said. "What do you mean?" Krockman asked, somewhat confused. Adelaide only cleared her throat, saying, "What Roquella's trying to say is that while we think it's nice that you're trying to be positive, there's two kinds of nice." "Yeah, there's real nice, and then there's fake nice," Z-Wrap added. "What you're doing now, that's fake nice. That's what my mom used to get women to come to her Tupperware parties." "Okay, first of all, we're from the same generation. Who the hell throws Tupperware parties anymore?" Krockman asked, getting frustrated. "And second of all, what is wrong with you people? I'm just trying to be positive here!" 

As Krockman said this, a rough German voice said, "Oh please! What do any of us have to be positive about?" Looking towards the table next to them, the group saw Lamar and another guard sitting across from each other. "Uh, I'm sorry. Who are you?" Krockman asked, confused by the appearance of the grizzled Eastern European. "Other than Clemson, I don't know any of the guards." "I am Klaus," the man replied, taking a drag from his cigarette. "And you people are idiots for putting so much concern on optimism. You all have it so easy." Looking towards his table then back towards Klaus, Krockman replied, "Well, it's not that easy." "Oh please. You have no idea how good you have it," Krause retorted. "In life, I was a border guard for the Berlin Wall. You think this is bad, in Berlin it is ten times worse. Even as I was being gunned down by the firing squad, I did not regret my decision to abandon my post." Krockman, stunned as everyone else at the table, could only say, "Woah." Hearing this, Klaus got up, saying, "Anyway, besides your incessant whining, you're all doing a fine job. Keep up the good work." When Krockman heard this, a smile spread across his face as he held his hand up for a high five and said, "Thanks bro! Up top!" Klaus only flipped him the bird before walking off. "I'm pretty sure that's how they high fived back in the eastern block," Krockman said, trying to save face. Hearing this, Lamar piped in, saying, "I can tell you it's not." 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexa made her way down the hall towards the kitchen, wondering what to expect. Krockman and his girlfriend had told her that they were going to "take care" of her friends. She did not know what exactly that meant, but she hoped it was not something sinister. Walking into the kitchen, Alexa called out, "Okay you guys. I got your call. What exactly did you guys do?" Looking up however, Alexa was in for a shock. Sitting in an oversized baby pen were Rebecca and Elizabeth, both dressed like babies and playing with baby toys. Standing over them was a familiar young man, chiseled, handsome and rugged with his goatee. "Daniel?" Alexa asked, surprised to see him there. "What are you doing here?" "Alexa? I wasn't expecting to see you either," Daniel said in reply, still shocked by seeing two overgrown toddlers. "What's going on here? I got a text that said to come to the kitchen, and when I got here... well, that's when I found them." "What do you mean you got a text?" Alexa asked, growing worried. "Who sent it to you?" "It was some guy named Krockman," Daniel answered. "He came to my dorm earlier and said that he could make Miss Ramirez fall in love with me. Did he do this to Rebecca and Elizabeth?" As Alexa stood there in shock, she replied, "He told me he'd make you fall in love with me." 

When she had said this, Alexa and Daniel heard laughter filling the room. It was not joyful laughter, but rather a darker, more sinister kind of chuckling that chilled their very souls. From the shadows, the voice of a man issued out, saying, "I never said that to either of you. What I said was that I would help you. Never specified what that help would be." "Krockman? Is that you?" Alexa asked, growing frightened. "You bet your ass it's me!" Krockman shouted, dropping any sense of friendliness to reveal pure malevolence. "Did you two really think we were working for you? Hey I'm up for anything, but even I have standards (unlike certain people)." "What are you talking about?!" Daniel shouted, trying not to give into fear. "Well look at you mister jock. Leading star of the football team, and you still have to resort to stalking a teacher. How sad, desperate, and pathetic are you?" Krockman retorted venomously. "And Alexa here isn't any better. First you and your friends try to blackmail Miss Ramirez so you could have pretty boy here all to yourselves, and when you thought they were going to steal him from you, you decided to turn them into overgrown babies. What's next? You gonna tie him down to your bed and break his legs so he can't escape?" "Hey! You and your girlfriend came to us with answers!" Alexa shouted back. "You freaks did all of this! You took it too far!" "Yeah! You screwed us over!" Daniel added. "You and your fat whore of a girlfriend!" Krockman was silent for awhile when he heard this, a low growl slowly rising. Finally, Krockman replied in a demonically deep voice, "Oh Danny, you really shouldn't have said that." 

Suddenly, from the shadows, lunged forth a monstrosity, like some gigantic turtle/beetle/man hybrid. The beast pinned Daniel to the ground, long, greasy strands of neck beard sliding across his face as golden drool dripped near his ear. Daniel stared up at the monster, getting an eyeful of the creature's compound eyes and a second beetle sprouting from his scalp. Looking towards Alexa, Daniel silently pleaded for help (too terrified to speak), only to be shocked when he saw her run away. The monster only smiled as he growled , "Welcome back to the little leagues bitch!" Once it said that, the monster vomited up a gust of golden wind onto Daniel, practically smothering him. 

Meanwhile, in a nearby closet, Alexa was cowering in the corner, hoping the monster would not find her. As she was hiding, she heard a familiar voice call out, "Ally? Is that you?" "Roquella?" Alexa asked, happy to hear a familiar voice. Stepping into the light was the plush frame of Roquella. "Oh thank God it's you!" Alexa said happily. "You're not going to believe what happened! Krockman turned into this giant monster thing and he pinned down Daniel and then he... he... oh god!" As Alexa broke down sobbing, Roquella took her into her arms and hugged the poor girl. "There, there Ally. It's going to be okay," Roquella said, trying to soothe the girl. "After all, you never really cared about Danny anyway." Looking up to the strange woman, Alexa could only ask, "What?" "I saw you run away," Roquella scorned, her voice growing deeper. "You could've helped him, but instead you chose to save your own worthless hide. Makes what you did to your friends even harsher in hindsight." Alexa watched in horror as Roquella grew taller and more lithe, her skin turning blue with black stripes as her limbs and digits became longer and more tentacle-like. Her eyes faded away as they were replaced with horn-like eyestalks as her mouth became a slit filled with sharp fangs. From her back sprouted a long devil tail and large floppy wings that resembled the limbs of certain free swimming sea slugs, while translucent folds of skin draped down from her neck over her body, forming an organic teddy. "Krockman was so rough with Danny because he wanted to defend my honor like a gentleman, but his methods are too quick," Roquella said as she wrapped her boneless fingers around the girl, poising the tentacles of her wings near her arms. "But don't worry about that Ally. My way is much more intimate. Nice and slow." Once she said that, Roquella stabbed Alexa in the arms with her tentacles, injecting strange, golden venom into her. 

Alexa's screams could be heard from outside of the closet, slowly devolving into crying and then into silence. Stepping out of the closet, Roquella (now back to her normal self) guided along the now babyfied Alexa. Dressed in a diaper and a green t-shirt that said "little miss smarty pants", Alexa pouted all the way to the playpen. Waiting for them there were Krockman (who was also back to normal), Daniel (who was now reduced to a boyish looking adult baby, free of any facial hair and slimmer than he was before), and Miss Ramirez. "Here they are! The last of the little rascals," Krockman said, sounding more like a loving uncle than an insane monstrosity. "Come on baby! Your aunty Lola is here to take care of you." "Ooh come here little chica!" Miss Ramirez squealed excitedly as she picked up Alexa with ease. "Oh I'm going to take such good care of you." Turning towards the lost souls, Miss Ramirez added, "And thank you both for all of your help, and for being so understanding about what I do in my... private time." "Ah don't mention it," Krockman replied. "It wasn't any trouble at all. Just give half of them spiked tea and just force the transformation on the other half." Placing Ally into the playpen with the others, Ramirez asked, "So how long are they going to be like this?" "At least for a year," Roquella replied, taking one last look at the babyfied college students. "Until then, you'll be their aunty Lola, taking care of them." "Oh, I'll take good care of them," Ramirez said with a smile. "Well, whether they got it the way they wanted or not, all your students here have what they wanted. The girls get to have Danny and Danny gets your unconditional love. Either way, we kept our word in the end," Krockman said. "Well, we gotta run. If you need anything, give us a call, but until then, adios muchacha." As the two lost souls left, Krockman said, "Okay, this has got to be my crowning moment of awesomeness." "Well, your third crowning moment of awesomeness," Raquella corrected. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks had passed since Misfit had dropped Cooper off at the border station, and now was his first check up to see how he was adjusting to the afterlife. Driving down to the station with his wife, Bathory, the ride was a particularly unpleasant one. "Will you drive faster already," Bathory nagged. "We don't want to be late." "Do calm yourself dear. It's not like they're going anywhere," Misfit replied with a sense of annoyance. "Well I'm sorry Preston, but these are our charges, and we have to check on them," Bathory retorted. "Honestly, if it were that miserable pinhead you took care of at the circus back when we were alive, we'd have already been there by now." As Bathory said this, Misfit stomped on the brakes, sending the car into a screeching halt. "First of all, don't call me by that name again. Preston is dead, and Misfit is here to stay," Misfit ordered, shooting his wife a dirty look. "And second of all, don't ever speak ill of Jojo again. He may have been a pinhead, but he was the closest friend I had ever had. And don't tell me about the importance of my job woman, because next to Jojo, my job is the second most important thing in my afterlife." Glaring at her sausage nosed husband, Bathory asked, "So on the list of things that are important to you, I come in third place to a pinhead and this job?" Misfit only turned his eyes back to the road, resumed driving, and muttered under his breathe, "Maybe if you weren't such a hateful shrew, you'd be higher on that list." 

When the unhappy couple had finally arrived at the border station, they were greeted with a large crowd congregating near the entrance. "That's odd," Misfit said as he stared into the crowd. "It's never this crowded at the border. As the couple stared into the crowd, a member (a hipster demon) was walking off past them. "Excuse me sir," Misfit asked. "Do you mind explaining to us what all the commotion is about." "Oh man you guys should totally see this," the demon replied, chuckling a bit. "One of the border inspectors completely lost it and now he's dropping F-bombs like it's World War 3!" "What!?" Misfit shouted. "Why didn't you help him?" "Uh because this is virtual gold," the demon replied. "I took a video of the whole thing and uploaded it to Spooktube. It already has a thousand likes." Glaring at the demon, Misfit said, "Well thank you for being completely useless. Bathory, you stay in the car. I have to go see this for myself." With that, Misfit left the car and made his way to border station.

At the station, Misfit saw that the demon was right. Standing in his booth, Krockman was letting loose a flurry of curses at everything in sight, screeching, "Fuck this station! Fuck these people! Fuck that creepy demon dog who I'm going to neuter with my bare hands if he says anything else!" As Krockman was loosing his sanity, Misfit saw a dog scampering off with his tail between his legs, followed by Krockman screaming, "Yeah that's right! Get moving bitch!" "Cooper!" Misfit shouted. "What the hell's gotten into you?" Looking up from his rant, Krockman said, "Oh hey Misfit. When'd you get here?" "Cooper, what the hell is all this about?" Misfit asked, growing impatient. "Okay, okay, we got payed today, and I was pretty stoked about it too," Krockman answered. "But then I actually got paid." When he said this, Krockman pulled out an envelope filled with four quarter like coins and asked, "What are these?" Looking at the coins, Misfit answered, "I believe those are quarter lives. It takes four of them to make one shred of life." "Exactly," Krockman said in disgust. "We are literally being paid pocket change to be put through this abuse. Goddamn, a six figure salary wouldn't be worth this." "Surely you're exaggerating," Misfit replied, feeling sorry for the poor soul. "Oh no, I'm serious," Krockman retorted. "All these people treat us like crap. Just a few minutes ago, I saw an angel puke on Roquella and just walk off. Didn't even acknowledge her." Krockman paused for a moment, tensing up as he said, "I can imagine her now in the showers. Suds slowly dripping off her curves... wet hair plastered to her skin... a wet wash cloth being dragged across her curves, scrubbing into the birthmark on her lower back..." 

Distracted by Krockman's fantasies, Misfit said, "Now look Cooper, I'm sorry about what's happened to you and the others, but... wait, how do you know she has a birthmark on her lower back?" When he heard this, Krockman grew silent immediately, his eyes darting around in panic. "Oh my god," Misfit muttered as he face palmed. "You slept with her, didn't you?" Looking offended, Krockman retorted, "Hey! That is none of your business... but yes, I did. But it's not like everyone knows about it. We're keeping it on the down low." "So, having a mug with a picture of you two on it the says 'World's Cutest Couple' is what you call down low?" Misfit remarked, pointing out the mug on the counter. "Look, you do know you could be fired for this, right? And if you get fired, what do you think happens then?" Krockman only shook his head as he said, "Don't worry about Misfit. We have this under control. You're just over... oh... oh god, it's Chief Roder." 

Sure enough, Chief Roder was strolling in through the crowds, his mustachioed face as cold as stone. When the chief had walked up to his booth, Krockman smiled and nervously said, "G-good morning sir." "Good morning Mr. Krockman, Misfit," Roder greeted the other lost souls as he leaned into Krockman's face. "I hear you had an emotional breakdown just a few minutes ago. Of course, that's not why I'm here, rather I just wanted to ask you a few questions, if that's alright with you?" Looking up nervously at his boss, Krockman squeaked out, "Um, okay. I'm scared." "Right then," Chief Roder said in reply. "There have been rumors that you and your fellow inspector, Roquella Adams, have been engaging in sexual liaisons. Are these rumors true?" Looking around his booth, Krockman noticed the coffee mug with his and Roquella's picture on it before grabbing it and smashing it as he screeched out, "Dah fuck! No!" Noticing he also had a poster of them together on the wall, Krockman tore it off the wall and stuffed it down his pants before yelling, "N-no!" Krockman only smiled nervously as his eyes scanned beneath the desk at his romantic treasure trove (including pictures, t-shirts, buttons and his and her dakimakura pillows with his and Roquella's picture printed on them), all while Roder stared daggers at him. Whether it was the stress from the day or the pressure from Roder, something in Krockman's mind finally snapped as he slammed his fist onto the detention button; instantly summoning a guard to tackle Roder and drag him into the guard house as Krockman screamed, "Detained!!!

Once Roder had been dragged into the guard house, all eyes landed on Krockman; from Misfit, Adelaide, Z-Wrap, Alucard, Chunko, and Lamar, all staring in shock. "Holy shit," Z-Wrap said, still processing what just happened. "Did you just detain our boss?" "Son of bitch," Krockman said, just as confused as everyone else before smiling and triumphantly shouting, "Son of bitch!" As Krockman was on his power high, Roquella came back from the showers, clean as a daisy. Looking around at the confused faces surrounding her, Roquella asked, "What did I miss?" "I just detained Chief Roder!" Krockman shouted proudly. "Ooh the power! Hey Roquella! Who was the angel that puked on you?" "Uh, Larry Vogelson. Why?" Roquella asked. Without hesitating, Krockman pushed the intercom button and said, "Oh Mr. Vogelson! Would you please report to booth 2!" 

Waiting a few minutes, Krockman was soon met with Vogelson. The angel stood before him in a fancy business, a suitcase in his hand. "Is there a problem?" Vogelson asked indignantly. "I'm very busy." "Hi, I just wanted to ask you a few questions," Krockman said with a sly smile. "For starters, did you puke on this lovely young woman here?" Looking dead eyed at the lost soul, Vogelson answered, "Yes. Can I go now?" "Okay, wasn't expecting you to answer that fast," Krockman muttered. "Anyway, don't you think you should apologize?" "Oh god no!" the angel replied. "Why should I? I mean in the hierarchy of the afterlife, lost souls are beneath angels, so I don't have to give a crap about any of you." Glaring at Vogelson, Krockman reluctantly asked, "I think I already know the answer to this, but do you even feel bad about it?" Vogelson only rolled his eyes and replied, "Uh, hello! Do I have to explain how the hierarchy works again?" Growing frustrated with the angel, Krockman  retorted, "Okay, if you say hierarchy one more time..." "Hierarchy!" Vogelson said snarkily. "What ja gonna do little man?" Without even blinking, Krockman slammed the detention button, summoning another guard to drag the angel into the guard house, leaving the suitcase behind. Looking at Krockman, Misfit said, "You know Cooper, this is a gross abuse of your power. You realize that right?" "You know Misfit, these guards get a bonus every time we detain someone. So unless you want to contribute to their pay raise, I suggest you walk away now," Krockman threatened, holding his finger over the detention button for emphasis. Seeing this, Misfit slowly backed away, steering clear of the lost soul's warpath. As Misfit walked off, Krockman added, "Oh, and Misfit, from now on, you will call me Krockman, understand?" 

Once Misfit had left, Krockman sighed a bit as he said, "I'm going to get fired, aren't I?" "You just detained our boss. What do you think?" Alucard asked in reply. Rubbing his forehead, Krockman said, "Oh god, what am I'm going to do? I don't know where else I could go." "Well Krockman, if it's any consolation, I really appreciate what you did back there," Roquella said, patting Krockman on the back. "That angel was a douchebag." Looking down at the suitcase that was left behind, Krockman asked, "So what do you think's in his suitcase?" "Not sure," Adelaide said. "But seeing as he's not coming back anytime soon, we can help ourselves to whatever's inside. Seeing that this was true, Krockman picked it up and tore it open, shocked by what he saw. 

Inside the suitcase, Krockman and the others found an enormous stack of money and a letter. "Holy crap," Z-Wrap said. "There's got to be like a hundred thousand shreds here." Noticing the letter, Krockman grabbed and read it, "Negotiations taking place in Olympus." "What do you think this means?" Krockman asked, confused by the message. Looking at the letter, Alucard's eyes grew wide as he said, "I know what this is! I saw it in the news. There's going to be a negotiation over ownership of the universe!" "What?!" Everyone asked in shock. "Well normally negotiations are between God and the devil, but this time around, God... is not well," Alucard explained. "So now it's up for grabs for anyone who's interested." Hearing this, Krockman grabbed the suitcase, went to the door, and said, "Screw this place! I'm going to buy the freaking universe! If any of you guys want in, feel free to follow me." With that, Krockman left the station, with Roquella, Alucard, Chunko, Adelaide, Z-Wrap, and Lamar following after. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was a good day," Krockman said as he and Roquella reminisced about their last day at the border station. They were both sitting on a park bench, holding hands as the world went by. "It really was, wasn't it," Roquella replied. "Well, other than the whole getting puked on thing, but besides that, it was wonderful." "Right then," Krockman said professionally. "Time to move on to the next job." "Uh Krockman..." Roquella said, trying to talk to her boyfriend. "Let's see, maybe our next job will be in Miami..." "Krockman," Roquella interrupted again. "Maybe it'll be some dirtbag who wants to make out with a lesbian..." "Krockman!" "On that would be real fun, screwing him over big time..." "Cooper!!!" Roquella shouted, finally losing her patience. Krockman looked at his girlfriend in shock, having been a long time since anyone had called him by his first name. "Look, Cooper, I know you enjoy your job, but you're running yourself ragged with all this work," Roquella explained, rubbing Krockman's shoulders. "Why don't you take a vacation? You've certainly deserve it." Looking Roquella, Krockman sighed as he rubbed his brow, saying, "You're right, you're right. I just get caught up in the momentum you know. I just need to make a quick phone call and I'll be ready." "Alright then," Roquella agreed. Pulling out his phone, Krockman punched a phone number, waited for the line to pick up, and said, "Yo Alucard! Its Krockman! Listen, I'm going on vacation for awhile and need you some of the others to take care of something for me; a little project I like to call 'Operation: Fantasy Seattle'. I'm going to text you an address to a friend of mine who'll help you out. What's her name? Why Emily of course." 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in Fort Hancock, Chad was still cowering from his encounter with the strange clown creature. The scrap Calibur stood by his side, concerned for his well being. "Master Chad?" Calibur asked. "Is everything alright?" Chad only sat in silence, still too stunned to talk. As he sat there, he heard a knock at the door. "Misfit? Is that you?" Chad asked nervously. "Of course it is," Misfit replied. "I figured you might be getting hungry, so I brought you up some soup." Hearing this and feeling peckish, Chad got up from bed and opened the door. 

Sure enough, there was Misfit, standing there with a bowl of soup in hand. "Fresh from the Kitchens, and served directly to you," Misfit said, handing the bowl to Chad. Chad looked into bowl, making note of its blood red color. "Incredible looking soup Master Misfit," Calibur exclaimed. "Thank you Calibur," Misfit replied. "The chef really has outdone himself this time." Looking at the soup, Chad said, "Yeah I don't really know what this chef usually does, but I think he might have missed the mark on this one." Misfit and Calibur stared in shock, with Misfit saying, "Oh, uh, Chad, I wouldn't say that so loudly if I were you. The chef is very touchy when it comes to criticism." Looking outside the door, Calibur squeaked a gasp as he said, "Egads! Chef Sweeney approaches!"

Standing in the doorframe was an imposing creature. It was an enormous pig man dressed in a chef's uniform, with enormous tusks poking out his lower jaw. His skin had a greasy sheen to it and glowered down at Chad with cold white eyes. "Has he tried the soup yet?" the chef asked Misfit in a guttural groan. "Uh, n-not just yet Chef Sweeney," Misfit replied nervously. "He was just about to though. Isn't that right, Chad?" Noticing the large butcher knife hanging from Sweeney's belt, Chad tried the soup, too fearful of what might happen if he refused. When he had tasted the soup, his eyes grew wide. "Oh my god!" Chad shouted in amazement. "This is incredible! This has got to be the best soup I've ever had!" Sweeney smiled at this, saying, "But of course. It's all a matter of the stock you use. Many people mistakenly believe that presentation and taste are synonymous, but in cuisine, we try to appeal to the palette rather than the eye." "Whatever you say man. I'm just enjoying this stuff," Chad said happily. 

As Chad was eating, Sweeney took a hard look at the human, squinting his eyes as he said, "You know who he reminds me of? That angel who was here three weeks ago." "Oh yes, I see it now," Misfit said in agreement. Looking up from his soup, Chad asked, "There are angels here?" "Of course, demons too," Misfit answered. "Of course, the real difference between them and lost souls is simply a matter of which afterlife they end up in." "So they all start off as humans?" Chad asked. "Precisely so," Misfit replied. "Now the angel we're talking about looked a little like you, except for his beautiful gold teeth. He also didn't share your enthusiasm for Chef Sweeney's cooking. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him around in over three weeks. I wonder where he went off to?" Snorting in disgust, Sweeney said, "Probably rotting in a hole somewhere I presume." Looking down at Chad then back to the chef, Misfit asked, "So what kind of stock did you use for the soup?" Sweeney only grunted out, "House stock." "Ooh! The house stock! Oh Chad! You're in for a special treat today," Misfit exclaimed excitedly. "It usually takes ages for him to prepare it." As Chad listened to this while eating his soup, he felt something hard in his mouth. Spitting it out, he found that it was... a gold tooth. Seeing this, Misfit's grin turned malicious as he said, "In fact, this particular batch has been simmering for over a month." 

At that moment, whether it was from the shock or from something in the soup, Chad began to lose consciousness, collapsing onto his bed. Seeing the incapacitated human, Sweeney pulled out his knife and slowly approached, saying, "Yes, the heart of any good cuisine is the stock, and what could be more flavorful than the stock prepared from actual mortal flesh rather than the flesh of livestock in the afterlife?" As Sweeney raised his knife, Calibur drew his wooden sword and stood in between his master and the mad chef. "You stay away from my master!" Calibur shouted as he pointed his sword at Sweeney. "It's my sworn duty to defend him at all times!" Sweeney only glared down at the scrap, saying, "Move aside runt. You will not stop me from achieving culinary perfection." "Wait, wait, wait," Misfit intervened. "The boy may have a point." "You too wish to hamper my progress?" Sweeney protested. "No, no, not all. I wish to help it," Misfit explained as he looked down at the unconscious Chad. "After all, people in states of emotion tend to have heightened senses. Clearly, the only way to truly experience ultimate cuisine is to have fear in your heart." Looking at Chad, Sweeney begrudgingly replied, "Very well. The mortal lives another day." As the chef walked off, Misfit looked down at Chad one last time and said, "Oh you sad little man. Don't you realize that the greatest pleasures in life can only be achieved through the greatest suffering? You still have so much to learn." With that, Misfit left, leaving Calibur to tend to his unconscious master.

0