Chapter 5 : Weird Kiddo
118 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
just a test
  • eeee Votes: 4 44.4%
  • eeeeee Votes: 3 33.3%
  • eeeeeeeeee Votes: 3 33.3%
  • eeeeeeeeeeeeee Votes: 1 11.1%
  • eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Votes: 2 22.2%
  • eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Votes: 3 33.3%
  • eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Votes: 2 22.2%
  • eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Votes: 4 44.4%
Total voters: 9
- view of a "respectable" knight-
 
Today is the day of the harvest of the children, I can finally rest. I wonder which poor family will assign me... I hope the kid doesn’t beg me not to leave. That would be really boring! I have already seen many who begged for their skins, only wimps, who will not stand on the battlefield!
Well, at least I’m not one of those perverted knights assigned to those poor women, but I’m just looking after their kids... (AN : this sentence is not out of context)
 
Anyway... Let’s try not to be unpleasant... How am I going to talk to them...? I still can’t say:
"Hello, I am the person who will take your barely 10-year-old child and send him to intensive training for two years, where he will have to try to stay alive in a dungeon, and if he ever survives it, he will go to the front as cannon pulpit for his country! FUCK YEAH

"-Hello sir. You want to take big brother, right?
-Huh... Yeah

-But come in, don’t stand like that at the door, sir!"
 
A little girl opened the door for me... She looked 9 years old at most, and yet she was talking to me quietly about taking away her big brother... It’s really sad...
 
"Come and sit down, I’ll fetch big brother"
 
I don’t like this situation, but then not at all... The little girl brought back, a young boy smiling, except that it is not a happy smile, it is a smile resigned, a smile that I saw only in the war, a smile that belonged to the soldiers, knowing that they were going to die, a smile bringing death...
 
In 5 years of harvest, I have never seen this... Usually children cry, scream... But he smiles... This child is not normal, but then really not...
1