4 the Choices I Make
1.7k 8 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

" So I can only choose these races because they have the personality trait of being stubborn..... that makes no sense! In that case why is a dragon option not here? In all stories and myths I've ever read, dragons are always portrayed being stubborn. Also, can I please give you a name or something, because thinking or saying mouth eye god when referring to you and is starting to give me a headache with just saying it!" I feel extremely exhausted saying this in one breath.

In many different voices, the god says to me, " First yes, your stubbornness in the last few moments of conversing with your teacher,  brought up these options. Second, there is no option to be a dragon, simply because you didn't fulfill the requirements for it (which is the desire of many worldly goods). Lastly, I shall allow you to give my personage a name, but keep it to yourself. Honestly, you should be glad to have these options since most of them are very rare."

 I stared at the god with the, 'Are you serious?' look.

 "Hey, a few of these options have high luck while others have very low luck, what's up with that? Does the luck affect me differently where I'm going and what job I'm going to choose? Also, the name I've come up with to call you by is Calamity. It'd fit you nicely considering what you are and do."

Calamity stares, all the mouths sigh in exhaustion, "That shall be explained to you in the next world! Now hurry along before I choose for you!"

"Alright! Jeez.... first you spring on a guy he's in a coma and will die soon and then not allow him any time to process anything or ask questions.... oi" I say this while thinking 'I should pick something that will allow me to survive in the wilderness with the greatest luck....'

Checking my options again, the unicornam sounds right with all the stats but I don't want a giant shining horn on my forehead... the best option would be a hybrid of the dgin and qaubet since I can just wear a hat to cover the no ear thing.

Calamity, seeming to respond to my inner thoughts says, " finally chosen something, hhhmmm. Not a terrible decision. Now it's time to choose your job. By the way you can usually only have one main job, then have sub-jobs added every ten levels, but since I've adopted you I was able to pull some strings. So now you can choose two sub-jobs every 5 levels." Calamities eyes squinted at me in what I think is a smirk.

The words in the box changes.

[Warrior

Mage

Thief

Tamer

Blacksmith 

Leatherworker 

Whittler

Carver

Scavenger 

Courier]

 

"I suggest choosing wisely since many jobs overlap in terms of skills. However, some of these jobs give more detailed information on skills and precise accuracy in using them. For example, whittler uses a knife for sculpting wood so the job gives you a bonus on knife skill accuracy at the beginning. While carver uses many different tools for wood sculpting, but only a basic title bonus will be added at the beginning." 

Calamity goes on to say any job I don't choose now will show up later, so I won't have to worry about missing any skills or titles I desire. I'll also be able to take on jobs i didn't choose the first time, along with advanced versions of current jobs in the future.

"Then, since I should worry about survival, I need what can help me now. What does courier and scavenger do in terms of skills" I asked while looking at the box.

 

[Courier- they are able to carry a great amount of items including multiple of the same type it in their carrier box while ignoring weight of said items. They are adept in emergency healing treatment and are excellent in concealment in the face of upcoming danger. Last they easily obtain skill in agility and strength.]

[Scavenger-  individuals with this job are able blend in the background to stand by and wait to attack and catch prey off guard. Just like their name sake people with this job can eat almost anything that is somewhat past it's due date. They are able to find food and minerals within miles from themselves and be able to tell what is poisonous using their heightened senses. Last they obtain skills easily when it comes to dissecting prey and foraging.]

 

"Hey Calamity, what type of environment will I be in exactly? It makes no sense to choose a job when it might not work where I'll be be?" I ask, ready to make my choice depending on what the god said.

 

"You'll be transferred to a half desert half jungle environment,  I'd warrant choosing a job that will make it easier to locate water and shelter with quick efficiency. And please do hurry. The longer you stay, the more probability your soul will be in danger and become insane from staring at my true form!" Calamity says, it's tentacles wave in agitation.

" I think, I'll choose scavenger for food location and tamer,... so I won't feel too lonely." Viewing the info. again.

"Finally, now I'm going to transfer your body over to Sultra. The process will be a little painful because your body will be transforming at the pace of transferring, but nothing too worrying should happen. I'll send that separated eye with you to explain in detail about what's going on. Don't be too concerned about this form, it will shrink in size then form into a necklace. It'll be easy to hide it this way if you meet other individuals. Now off you go." Calamity says in many different voices.

Soon after my vision slowly turns dark.

40