11 Crafting and More Talks
670 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Birds chirp.... the sun rises... beams from inside my little wooden tent push through the holes that were never covered. I wake to see light pierce my twig riddled hair.

How strange....  Despite laying under my dried sap recycled leaf blanket with no pillow, I managed to sleep comfortably through the night. However, I do feel like I'm laying on something soft.' 

 

 Sitting up properly, I see Berry's trunk under my head, probably snuck it to replace the pillow I never thought to make. Feeling my sore muscles protest from yesterday's excruciating activities, I start taking in deep breaths and shimmy out from the tent. Once out, I retrieve my dry shirt and pants near the fire, glad I didn't wear my turban and cloak the day before.

 Otherwise the turban would still be wet and the cloak could've been swept away. Gosh, so much happened yesterday, then Calamity and Berry sneak into my life like it's no big deal! Then again, I know without either one of them yesterday I wouldn't still be alive right now. I slap my face to wake up. Come on me, you're better than this! I For now, I'll stay in camp and train up, so I won't be a burden. I examine the tent then my neck.

Not wanting to bother Calamity or Berry yet, I get to work. Taking a fresh Gandua fruit from the pile, I cut a small opening on top while keeping the shell to make a lid. After drinking the Guandas' blue berry nectar for breakfast, I clean and dry it out. I take my knife, a small but heavy rock, and place the cut Gandua fruit between my feet. Placing my knife onto, what I assume, similar indentions to a coconut; hit the knife with the rock until the Gandua splits into two. Separating the meat of Guanda from its shell, I place all of it on a leaf to the side. When it was completely empty, I put the shell near the fire to dry out.

The shells mostly finished, I head to the snakes discarded dead body.

'Now to butcher the snake and gorilla .'

Then a notifications pop up.

 

Ding!

[crafting level up^3 - crafting lv 6]

Ding!

[foraging level up- foraging lv 4]

 

Hopefully that means cutting up the snake and gorilla will cause my butchering to level up.

Tokito contemplates while cleaning his Rambo knife for the next set of task.

 

"Well someone has been busy this morning I see." Startled I look at my surroundings, until I remember Calamity lived on my neck. Its eye was red like it has been crying. It stares pass me into the morning sky, seeing something of which only it knows. In many heavy sad voices Calamity says to me, "Tokito ,we're sorry for breaking down on you yesterday like that, there are times we forget that young mortals have there own way of thinking and own ideals on how things should be done. You'd dreamed of being free from a hateful society, which only thought about money and thought you'd be an ideal gate and son to us. So we decided to bring you to this world thinking you had the will and drive to survive and live in it." 

 

I stare at Calamity giving a 'what the heck look.' I start feeling a cold chilling current flowing through me and see tentacles sprout from Calamity's necklace that wrap me into a cocoon like embrace. 

 

It continues speaking, "Don't get the wrong idea you do have the will and strive, but you're still thinking by your worlds logic when it comes to surviving. You need to understand, your book knowledge can no longer fully apply in this world. Let me be your guide, your confidant, your parent in this life and teach you about how to survive, thrive, and be happy. I don't want to see you run for your life every single second you exist here." 

Although I'm freezing I can feel the sentiment that Calamity is trying to give, 'I just wish its hugs weren't so darn cold!'

 

Ding!

[cold resistance level up- cold resistance lv 6]

 

'Can this system tell jokes, because I'm feeling like I'm becoming a snowman ' all of a sudden my hand starts freezing and a ball of snow drops.

"There are no words that can be said in how odd I feel right now," I say stunned as I stare at the tentacles surrounding me then at the ball of melting snow in the sand.

 

With a smile in its voice Calamity says, "See, you're already learning ice magic with a little push. Had you properly sat down yesterday and learned earth magic you could've easily win, by out skilling that Fire Jaded Tigon ." Releasing me from its cold tentacle hug Calamity gives a weird eye nod and shoos me off, "Now get to butchering that Blue Vine Cobra and Balba then let's get to learning some magic."

 

'..................I can't say no to this without another fear of a parent meltdown can I?...... guess I'm going to go to magic school huh... d*mm it.' I ponder how I got into this situation.

 

Prepping an area so I can get to butchering the snake and gorilla. I drag the snake to a leaf set by the tent; with a little difficulty as it was 23 feet long and 6 feet wide. Making sure the body was stable in place, I proceeded to cut off the snakes head. Placing the head aside, I cut the body from the tip of its tail to the neck along the stomach line. It takes ten minutes to do this as my Rambo knife was not made for this type of activity. I take almost an hour more to separate the muscles from the skin. By the time I've separated the guts and meat, I've been sweating profusely from the mid morning sun beating me down and the sand scorching me despite my protective layer of clothing. I cut up  the snake meat then stick it over the still lit flame. 

 

'Wow! The wood here last a very long time, since this is the same one burning from last night.' Marveling the fire, I turn around to my tent just find Berry gone, but a dug up sand pile was not too far off.

 

 

During this time..... 

 

Berry woke not long after Tokito, not wanting to anger the scary eye, decided to seek breakfast somewhere else. 

It then thought, ' I'll bring some sand slippery four legged ones for my tiny friend to use. Maybe that'll bring me back in the good graces with the mean eye.' 

 

Off it went, plowing into the sand; causing a hill and pit to appear where it dug. Tokito didn't notice any of this as he was too focused on dissecting the snake.

18