Extra 3 – Preparations (2)
747 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Chiffon-san, beautiful..." I sighed in admiration when seeing what she looked like after finishing her preparations. She’s using a seemingly simple empyreal dress, but you could see how skilled the tailor was by paying attention to the laces and silver embroidery in it, that embroidery is also matching with her hair and both are shining brilliantly. Chiffon-san’s makeup is also highlighting her wonderful face, she is already very beautiful, but the current getup makes her very gorgeous.

“Fufu, thank you.” Ugh, that smile is too cute for someone of her age…! I’m sorry, I’m sure the person marrying Chiffon-san will definitely be happy to see her like this.

I wonder if I’ll wear this kind of dress one day and stand next to someone… Just looking at Chiffon-san like this makes me so happy that I started imagining such a thing.

Me with a wedding dress… The image of children’s play is the first that comes to mind.

That’s not it! Okay, let’s try again… I’m wearing a white wedding dress and walking the maiden’s road, no father is escorting me, but the prince is waiting for me at the altar with a smile… Why is the prince there!?

I shook my head to dissipate the illusion, Chiffon-san noticed and suddenly asked. “Eh? What’s wrong? Are you perhaps imagining how would your wedding go? Let’s see… Sakura-sama would be in a pretty wedding dress and slowly walk through the maiden’s road. Waiting in front of the altar would be the smiling former prince Sedrim… Sakura-sama, please do invite me to the ceremony!”

Why does she know what I’m thinking!? Did she enter my mind!? And why did the whole thing get decided by Chiffon-san!? “You’ll invite me too, right? It’s natural for a sister to attend her brother’s wedding, right?” Aria-sama too!?

“The mother would of course participate too.” The queen said… Why are they deciding everything on their own!? Doesn’t my opinion matter!?

“Does Sakura-chan dislike onii-sama?” Aria-sama asked… No, I don’t dislike him… “Then do you like him!?” No, it’s not that either… Wait, why did you say that when I haven’t answered yet!? Are you an esper!? “Sakura-chan is just too easy to read. If you were to get engaged now, the ceremony could be in about 6 months… Ah! But the engagement needs to be announced first, and some preparations need to be made…”

“Wa-wait a moment! Why is the talk proceeding without me!? In the first place, no confession happened, much less an engagement…” I protested.

“That’s true… Then would it be alright if onii-sama confessed to Sakura-chan?” Aria-sama asked… Well, if that were to happen… It’s hard to imagine it when no such thing occurred…

But isn’t it impossible? He is a prince, and a good for nothing too, and there would be no chance for me anyway, there are lots of attractive women with better status than me that would love to be with the prince. I don’t think I’m hated, but doesn’t he mainly like me for my cooking…?

At some point I started muttering to myself, but Aria-sama intervened. “What’s important is how Sakura-chan feels! How would you react if onii-sama confessed to you? Even if just hypothetically, try thinking of it.” Hypothetically? The prince confessing to me? Then it would be a proposal, right? Something like “I want you to be my wife”?

Let’s just imagine it for a bit…

“Kyaa! Sakura-chan!” “Sakura-sama!” “Oh dear…” My legs lost their strength and I fell down on the spot. My head is also aching… What happened? I want to sleep…

 

“Uhn… I…” I opened my eyes and saw a blurred ceiling… Did I faint?

“Ah, I’m glad… You woke up.” Chiffon-san’s voice cleared my head a bit.

“Chiffon-san… For how long was I sleep?” I turned my head towards her and saw a face filled with anxiousness. It’s a waste to make such expression when you have this beautiful make-up though.

That was the thought that came to mind as my head still ached. I made a bitter smile at it. “Not for long… I was so worried, you fell so suddenly…” Her words made me feel bad.

“I’m sorry I made you worry, I’m better now.” I tried getting up, but Chiffon-san held me down.

“That won’t do! What if you collapse again…? I’m sorry, I made you come to the ceremony even though you’re not feeling well…” Chiffon-san said something weird now.

“Not well? But I’m totally fine…?” I answered.

“Then how come you fell down? And your face was very red too, I was very worried.” She retorted.

“No, that’s not it…” Chiffon-san misunderstood it…

“Then what was it?” She asked.

“I-I’m fine! Look! I’m all good!” I got up quickly and did some stretches to show I was not feeling ill.

“But then why would you suddenly…?” My body suddenly froze when hearing that… I can’t tell her! It’s too embarrassing to say I fell for such a reason!

“A-ahahaha, mo-more importantly! Where are the queen and princess Aria?” I changed the topic.

“Eh? Both went to the ceremony hall already, they were so worried about Sakura-sama, but the wedding will start soon…” Ah! We need to hurry! We can’t be late for it!

“I’ll be going too! Don’t worry, I’m fine!” I started rushing out of the room.

“Wait, Sakura-sama!” I heard her voice trying to stop me, but I’m too shy to answer her pleas… I’m sorry.

I opened the door and jumped out of the room without looking around, but it wasn’t a good idea. My jump hit something that made a strangle grumble noise.

My momentum was too big though, it suddenly became a hug against ‘it’ and I could only hear the loud noise of the door closing behind me.

“Sakura…?” The voice above me was trembling.

I looked up and saw a puzzled face. “Ah… Prince!?” I suddenly became aware of my hug and hurriedly backed away to the closed door. “Wh-why are you here? You should be at the ceremony hall…”

I never expected he would be here, and my movement was so suspicious, this was such bad timing… My heart was beating really fast. “I have been waiting for Sakura… I got worried when Aria and mother said you had collapsed…” Wait, he’s been waiting since he was kicked out then? But it’s been almost a whole hour… “Are you alright now? Your face seems a bit red, do you need help going to the hall?”

“I-I’m alright! I can go by myself, laters!” I couldn’t look at his face, so I turned around and run towards the ceremony!

However, I’m not used to this kind of dress and shoes, so… I stepped on the hem. Wondeful. “Kyaa!?”

Fortunately, the carpet I fell in was pretty soft, so I wasn’t injured… This doesn’t reduce my embarrassment though. “Are you alright!?” The prince came to me in a panic.

“I… I’m okay…” It’s one shameful act after the other, I want to crawl in a hole…

“Sakura, I’m worried, please let me escort you.” I had no room to deny, so I agreed.

While we were walking side by side, the prince called me. “Sakura.”

“… What is it?” I asked worriedly.

“This dress suits you, I didn’t know who you were for a moment, but you’re beautiful.” Wait, what!? Why are you saying such embarrassing things so suddenly!?

The prince looked at the opposite direction, it seems like he was embarrassed… I’m glad though, he couldn’t see my deep red face because of that. “Tha-thank you very much…”

After that, we walked side by side all the way to the ceremony hall without speaking a word.

4