Library
1.1k 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Abel left the story his mood was soured, and he was still mad at how the old man conducted business. He placed all the items he bought into the bag on his back, and they started walking again deeper into the city.

He wanted to go find the library, or magician's guild so he can try and research what that crystal ball was, and why the old man did not want to sell it to him.

They asked for directions from some passersby, and they were told there is both a magician's guild, and a library, and they were both in the center of the city. Abel thanked them and they kept walking until they arrived in front of the library, as it was closer.

Abel walked in and paid the 2 silvers entry fee for both himself and Mary.

"Where are the books about antiques, or magic items?" Abel asked the old man at the receptionist desk.

"Antiques? They are....." He said giving directions, "As to magic items, we don't have many books about those, I suggest checking in the library of the Magicians guild, they would have what you want".

"Thank you, Oh, and do you have any history books?" The old man nodded and gave him directions to where the history books were.

Abel thanked him again before leaving to find the books on antiques. As he was leaving he noticed Mary didn't follow him, and he tilted his head looking at her with a questioning look on his face, as she never wanted to leave his side before.

Mary saw this and squirmed with a red face, and said quietly "I'm gonna do my own research, just call me when you are done." Abel nodded and turned around not thinking twice about it.

Mary turned toward the old man, and with a blush on her face, she began asking about books on how to seduce men, or how to get someone you like to notice you.

With a knowing smile on his face, the old man chuckled at the problems of the younger generation and gave her directions to some books he thought might help her.

----

Abel sighed as he closed another book, he glanced through all the books on antiques here, and none of them had any mention of the crystal ball he saw earlier at the trinket shop.

Thinking back on what it looked like Abel began to slowly recreate its form in his head. It was crystal clear and looked too round to be natural, but what was most bizarre about it was that on the inside of the crystal there was a flowing white flame.

The flame that slowly moved back and forth inside of it was what drew Abel's attention.

Putting the books back on the shelf Abel got up, as he realized he would find nothing useful here, and went to look at the history books, hoping to find some useful information that would help him in creating his empire.

Although in his past world he never wanted to be a king, or rule over countless lives, in this world he seemed to be forced into this situation.

11