History of the Aslan Continent
1.1k 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Abel closed the book his was reading and rubbed his temples, as he had a mild headache. He had been reading for the past six hours just on the history of the continent, and it was especially excruciating seeing as how he did not like to study at all in his past life.

The Aslan Continent was currently in the year 1107 CE, it was commonplace in this world to reset the year down to zero when a new emperor dominated the continent, the imperial family right now was called the Crux, and the current Emperor was Damian Crux, and he alone had been emperor for over 500 years.

There were countless other Empires before this one, and many lasted longer than the current one, but none of them were eternal, even the most fearsome eventually fell from power some day.

History constantly repeated itself as one empire grew to power before again falling from greatness.

This dates back through roughly five hundred thousand years before history just stops, and there is no more written information about that time. The only thing Abel was could grasp about it, was that it was called the Golden Era, and everybody prospered, but nothing else was written.

This drew Abel's curiosity, and through the other books he had read back on Earth he assumed that there was also countless good items that were left behind from this time, so he tried to find any information on ancient tombs and the such, but nothing came up.

He guessed that crucial information like this was safeguarded in the imperial castle, or was actually lost in time.

Now traveling towards the near present Abel read about how the area he was currently in was once a barren wasteland, but in the recent thousand years plants started to grow allowing for inhabitants to migrate towards the northern borders.

And a lot of people did, in order to escape the constant warring of the south and center continent.

The north was considered very peaceful, even though there were wars that swept the land every ten years, or so, but compared to the constant back and forth in the south, and center continent it was considered a safe haven.

Reading about any big kingdoms surrounding him, Abel only saw that there was no general powerhouse that ruled the north, due to its lack of good resources, but it was still considered a part of The Crux Empire, like the rest of the Aslan continent.

And although there were other kingdoms on the continent, all of them paid homage to the Crux Empire, because it could wipe any of them out in a matter of weeks.

These kingdoms were the ones that were constantly at war, and the Crux Empire did nothing to stop them because the weaker they were the less the Empire had to worry.

The north was just littered with a bunch of self-governed cities that pay taxes to The Crux Empire once every year, and if they didn't an army would be sent out to destroy them.

Abel stood up after he learned about the general history and happenings of the continent. He went to go look for Mary, as it was getting late, but when he turned around he saw her sitting next to him, as she had already finished her research, and was waiting patiently on him.

Abel apologized and said "Come on, we are going to book a hotel room because it is getting late.", and if sensing the excitement in Mary's heart he said "Two hotel rooms".

9