Chapter 1.p1 – A world I remember.
226 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the same time that everything that was around me disappeared a white room welcomed me. The corpse of that person seemed different from the body I remembered, and seeing it from an external perspective confused me even more.

 

I kept my body leaning against one of the fictional walls that only existed in my mind. I felt like I was dragged while recovering the sensation of touch. My eyes were slightly closed by the intense light that kept the room with its unnatural brightness. The woman in front of me appeared out of nowhere, and at that moment I could only see her chest and her hands approaching my face.

 

<< You ... I remember you. Mother? ... >> I commented in a low voice. She could not hear me, but even so I could recognize her without saying anything. I had the opportunity to ask her what was imprisoning my mind.

 

<< Who am I? I am the person that I was. Or am I the person I will be? Why me? >> Drops of glass fell on my hands. My lips moved but no words came out of my mouth.

 

The cold of her fingers traveled through my body the instant she made contact with my skin. Tranquility invaded my mind, and the white room vanished as if nothing had happened. In front of my sight the streets of that unknown place appeared once more. The rain descended on me, and people had already left the place. Gradually I recovered my hearing. The blurred view adjusted to the person in front of me.

 

<< Hey ... Are you okay? >> Under the constant rain I saw a young woman who looked about the age of my new body, her golden hair reached her shoulders and she wore a chain mail armor. She would beat me in the face with her gauntlets to try to make me react. Her blue eyes widened and she showed a smile of relief the instant she saw me wake up.

 

<< I see ... what a relief. I thought you were dead. >> "To die? Again? There is no death that is so peaceful, I would rather continue there, wherever I was." I began to digress in my thoughts as I slowly regained my ability to move. The girl in front of me was nervous about the lack of an answer. "Calm ... it's weird, everything's quiet, so this is not heaven, or hell." I clarified myself.

 

Seeing the look of confusion on the girl's face, I was forced to respond.

 

<< I'm fine, thanks. >> Naturally a smile showed on my face, although I'm sure the grimace was more regrettable than reassuring, but that was enough to make that person in front of me leave aside a "possible mental damage" asumpcion. She took a step back and extended her arm toward me with intentions to help me up.

 

My arm, sadly, responded a little untimely. I trembled nervously, but I did not know if it was because of the cold or because of my experience so close to death. "So close that I died after all." Eventually I could take her hand and, even though the gauntlet was somewhat slippery and my legs trembled with the slightest effort, I managed to stand up.

 

<< A lady called to your aid when she saw you lying there. She already went home, probably on the other side of the city. You should be grateful, there are not always so many good Samaritans. >> The girl let out a laugh at seeing my pathetic state: Dirty, and weak.

 

<< I see, I should thank her when I have the opportunity. >> Now I could see everything around me, and despite regretting my condition, I felt strangely happy to be there.

 

<< Humm ... You must not be from around here, I do not recognize that shield you wear on your clothes. Although ... the quality of your clothes makes me think you're a noble. If that is the case, I apologize, sir. I would have to treat you with greater respect. >> "Oh no, my worst enemy, the social etiquette, how could I know who to respect and who does not? It's not hard to respect everyone equally ... I suppose."

 

<< Eh ... I really do not remember it. I don't remember the motive behind my clothes, but in any case, I should treat you with more respect. You are the person who helped me in this situation. Could I know your name? >> "Should I talk like that?" 1In spanish the protagonist is talking very politely.

 

<< Of course sir, I'm Vigyen Alzare. Familiar of the great majority of Alzare in the city. Just a simple guard, although you already know that. >> "Honestly I could not know, she's wearing armor, but a lot of people did, maybe it's related to the shield woven on the blue fabric she's carrying in her arms."

 

<< It's a pleasure to meet you. I would like to tell you my name, but I do not remember it. In any case, you do not need to speak to me with any kind of honorific, you can call me as you wish. >> Vigyen approached me to observe me in detail.

 

<< The pleasure is mine. I would really like to help you with your memories, but there is nothing I can do. Maybe a magician will be of help, probably one of the [Wise Ones]. >> "Huh ... a magician ... then there is magic too." << Even so, you should accompany me inside the wall, you could catch a cold if you stay out here. >>

 

<< Of course. >> At the moment I accepted she had already started to walk towards one of the wooden doors on the side of the wall that divided the interior of the city with the unknown outside. My feet sank into the mud with each footfall, and the same thing happened to Vigyen, of course the interior floor was made of stone, but this one was also full of mud by different footprints of boots. Even so, the rain did not enter there.

 

Upon entering I could feel a certain warmth that was highly psychological. The only thing that was warm inside was a torch that was lit beforehand and placed on one of the stone walls. The wind came with difficulty, which was something that calmed me down. Apart from the torch there was a wooden table and two chairs, several boxes full of weapons, armor and cloth. There was also a stone staircase that probably led to a second floor, or perhaps to the top of the wall.

 

<< I guess he fell unconscious due to lack of food. I do not think that you are the poorest, but God will not deny a piece of bread to anyone. >> Vigyen commented while looking in a linen bag for a piece of bread that she proceeded to place on the table while sitting on the chair facing me.

 

<< Thank you. >> "To tell the truth ... I'm hungry, I had not noticed until I saw the piece of bread, which looks quite old ... I do not think the hunger made me fall, but I will not deny this offer." I sat at the chair in front of Vigyen and held the bread with my hands. When I touched it, I realized instantly: "It's hard, very hard, I think I could throw it into one of the walls and it would be broken by the impact." Despite complaining in my mind, my body ate it without any problem.

 

My eyes fell on Vigyen, who kept his eyes fixed on me, with a smile that did not seem to make fun of anything. Now that the rain did not bother me I could see how beautiful she was. "Why would she join the guards? Did she even have a choice to do it?" Even so, saying any of those things was completely silly. I should know, it's general knowledge. My thought was interrupted by a sneeze, Vigyen wiped her nose with her armor.

 

<< Bless you. >> << Thanks. >> After that exchange I realized what I had done, and I had no choice but to ask. << Did your time on watch end? >> For a moment I thought the question was stupid, but it went unnoticed by its nature.

 

<< Yes, a couple of hours ago, I could be resting in one of the beds of the residence, but a guard always has to be to help the citizens. >> "It's not very different from [it's my job]." Despite that, I felt guilty.

 

<< I promise that I will pay you in some way for your help. Eventually we'll be at hand. >> While I was expecting a [no, it's not necessary] she nodded. "I guess you do not need to say more."

 

<< For the moment you should try to discover who you are. I do not think anyone recognizes you around here, but you could visit one of the [Wise Ones] in the towers. They may be busy trying to discover the reason behind the constant storms, but one of them will surely help you by the nature of your problem. >>

 

<< Is it like this? >>

 

<< It is common for someone to lose their memory, the [Wise Ones] are magicians and they are always interested in discovering the motive behind things. >> "They sound like detectives rather than magicians." << Although ... first you should try to rest a bit, maybe make someone clean your clothes, you look like a noble who was beaten and used as a rag to clean wagons >> "That's not very nice to hear ... "

 

<< Here. >> Three silver coins fell on the table.

 

<< That should be enough to make someone in the nearby inn clean your clothes. Lately the price increased slightly because the constant rain seems to be a good deal, but it should not bother you. Especially if you go to the Land of Eagle. >> A memory hit the back of my head. The name "Land of Eagle" reminded me of my childhood.

 

<< Land of Eagle? Is it a nearby inn? >>

 

<< Yes, it is a couple of steps after the north entrance. If you continue straight on the main street you will eventually find the wooden sign. Do not let the appearance scare you. >> Yes, the memory was accurate. I remembered that place, but not of any reality.

 

<< Okay, there I will go. Thanks for your help, I promise I'll give it back to you. >> Vigyen nodded, as I took the coins. << But I have one last question ... Two in fact. This city ... Is it north in Mutua? >>

 

<< You could say so. Lumania is even farther north, but you will have to travel a little to the east if you want to be there. Do you intend to go there? I think I know someone who is traveling there.>>

 

"Then it really is that place ... I remember playing a game, It had a name in German that I do not even remember, but I have enough memory to know about this place. The game was so hard that I stopped playing it shortly after leaving one of the first cities, if that is the case ... I do not like to think about the idea. "

 

<< No, it's fine. And... What year is it? >> After several seconds she answered.<< 2XIV, it's been a month since the year began. >>

 

"... I had forgotten it, the years of this game are a disaster, the vast majority of my time with it is simplified in reading all the text I found to try to solve its problems, even so ... this is not the same year. The original game began in the year 1XXV, and of course this is not the appearance of the main character ... "

 

I realized then that although I was in the game world, the reality around me was different, as were the circumstances. I had a general knowledge of places, magic and other understandings, but it was very likely that all this would not be useful under the situation.

 

I let out a sigh. "Why exactly here? When something like this happens in fiction, the protagonist is transported to his favorite game, or in any case, to a place he does not know completely, now I have to live with the uncertainty of a video game penalties I remember as a bad experience. " I stood ready to leave the place.

 

<< Be careful citizen. >> Vigyen said. I smiled showing the highest amount of reliability that a person could give in my situation. When I left I noticed that the sky had cleared slightly, there were still big gray clouds and it looked like the rain was coming back, but for the moment everything looked normal. The sky had changed to an orange hue mixed with the black darkness of the night.

 

I looked at the three silver coins in my dirty hands and looked up at the city in front of me. The place I observed was not at all like what I remembered from the game, and of course the smell of humidity was not something familiar to it either.

 

<< ... Where am I? ... >> I asked myself before taking a step forward and start walking with the aim of reaching the inn. "Yes ... I'll get lost before I find it ... there's no doubt about it."

4