Chapter 2.p0 – The Black Alchemist
160 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eyesight lifted slightly. I remembered moments from my childhood where I felt that I was living an injustice, or at least I was part of one. As the girl pushed my arm to move forward I was forced to walk beside her. Before I knew it, my tears had dried up and in front of me stretched a meadow. "I ... I think I know this place."

 

<< Is this the right way? >> The girl asked when approaching the walls that surrounded the city. It was there that I saw myself, lying in the water, covering a sediment that carried the water to the interior of the earth.

 

<< That ... it's me. >> As I said that, my hand let go, and I tried to squeeze it again, taking the air in the process. The girl had disappeared, there was nothing there. There was only me, my corpse and the wind moving the plants.

 

<< Yvilash. >> Someone called me by my name. It was that shattered body that remained floating in the water. His eyes had opened and the words came out of his mouth with complete normality. Red. The world was dyed red.

 

My hands held my neck against my will and the force of the grip took my breath away. My fictional vision began to blur. An intense pain crossed all over my body, and also presented itself in the form of fiery blood. As I fell to my knees, I realized that reality was calling me once more.

 

My eyes opened slowly. I felt rested, but I could not move. I could not move a finger without feeling the pain of a hammer. All I could see was a ceiling of wooden planks very close to my face. I tried to look at my body without moving my neck. I could see that there were bandages and red spots everywhere.

 

<< You are the most pitiful hero I've seen so far. >> Over my eyes I saw a pair of gray eyes devoid of life and a pale face devoid of emotion. The girl's hair in front of me was black as night. "... Saved again? Although this time there are no beautiful words."

 

<< But I like that. Crawling through the sewers was a pain, but now it's worth it. The miserable hero. >> A smile appeared on the girl's face, but it did not inspire confidence. On the contrary, it was terrible. "She looks at me like I'm not a human being."

 

<< As much as I would like to continue talking with you, you should rest one more day. Until the spell fulfills its effect. >> "Keep talking is a way of saying it, I did not say a single word since my awakening." Before trying to say a word she placed her hand on my face, and after a red glow that invaded my eyes I slept peacefully.

 

There was no white room. There was nothing. Infinite darkness. I could see an image of Vigyen only wearing cloth clothes. Floating on one of my sides was a long silver sword that I recognized with only one glance. I held it in my hands and saw my own reflection, it was the new me. I could see in my reflection a mark on my neck. "I see, that's me then."

 

I raised my sword with the intention of fanning over Vigyen, who stood still with her head down. If my intention was to attack her I could do it with complete peace of mind, but all I could do was put the sword aside and smile like a fool.

 

<< Yes. This is me. >> I said to myself. "I'm not a pacifist, but I'm not a murderer either, she would have said it herself ... something like ... [It's my job], right?" A sword pierced my chest, but I knew that would happen. It was something different, I did not feel betrayed by anyone. Even so, I got up suddenly, and my head hit the wooden ceiling.

 

<< It certainly worked, but try not to break your head as soon as I've just fixed it. >> I did not know exactly what had happened, but the pain in my head was the only one I felt. The only thing I wore was my gray underwear, and my body was in perfect condition.

 

<< How is it that I am alive? >> I looked at the side of the bed, the black-haired girl was sitting in a small chair, facing a table that was just as small. She drank from a cup that was strangely tiny.

 

<< Good morning hero. Three days. You slept for three days, and in the process I spent all my mana healing and treating the wounds. What are you going to do about it? >> She seemed to say it with an angry tone, but her expressionless face does not accompany the words. The final image was a contrast that seemed satirical.

 

<< Yes, thanks. I promise that I will look for a way to compensate you for your effort. Could I know the name of the person who saved my life? >> The girl's eyes narrowed, and she saw me in disbelief. She showed a mocking smile.

 

<< No. >> << Eh? >> I replied. << There is no need to be so formal. It is evident that I returned you to the world of the living because I want you to help me with something. I do not need your word of honor, I want your unconditional help. >> I raised my eyebrows and tilted my head in confusion. "What's going on?"

 

<< When you accept to help me then I can tell you my name. Not only that, you will also have the luxury of accompanying me. >> She said as she took a sip of her tea. I thought it was a joke, but the smile had faded from her face and he said it with complete seriousness. "I can not leave with a debt as big as life."

 

<< I will help you. >> I said.

 

<< I see. >> She answered. Silence invaded the room. For a moment she was disappointed. Her look seemed to pierce my soul only with her intentions. Nothing happened for a couple of seconds. "And now what?"

 

<< I see. >> She repeated. "Am I supposed to say something?" She observed her surroundings, and then said. << Maybe you should clean my dress, it's kind of dirty. >> Even though she said that, the black dress she was wearing was in perfect condition.

 

<< Is that all? >> After asking, she made an obviously acted gesture. She placed her hand under her chin and looked up trying to imitate a caricature thinking.

 

<< Yes, you could do something else besides. It's not that important ... If you can, you should kill all the people who live in this city. >> My mind went blank. "What did she say?" She proceeded to mock my reaction.

 

<< What would you do if I told you that? Would you kill them? >> I let out a sigh of relief. << Certainly not, I would try to find another solution for your problem. >> I answered.

 

<< I see. >> "She still did not tell me her name, nor her problem, talking to this person is like talking to a being from another universe." << Then ... >> I tried to accelerate the conversation, because she remained silent once again.

 

<< Yes. Naire, the black alchemist. >> She said.

 


<< I am ... Yvilash. >> I answered.

 

<< I already know. It's a pity that you do not know about me. I'm pretty well known in the city. In fact, it can be said that we are similar, you and I. >> Her face for the first time showed a distinguishable emotion: regret.

 

<< To us ... Mutua wants us dead. >> When listening to her words my hand was placed on the mark that was on my neck. Naire, the black alchemist, her look of death made me think about the events that happened in this world.

 

Even so, there was a big difference. "Grudge, how can someone look with such resentment at the past?" Naire's hair swung the instant she stood up. << I have things to do, even so, prepare yourself. We need money to get out of here. >>

 

<< Getting away from Mutua. It seems to be the right thing. Even so ... I can not leave, I still have something to do. I think I saw her, a little girl. >> I observed my hands, which still held the residue of an artificial touch.

 

<< I see ... do you want to see your sister? If that is the case you should not worry, we have all the time in the world. After completing our mission we will travel to the east, there you will be able to see her, and we will be closer to the border. >> "How does she know that?"
 
 
I didn't want to leave her, little did I know.
2