Chapter 1: The Forest of New Beginnings
2.1k 15 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I came to my senses, I looked around. All I saw was tree's, rocks, and more tree's. Yup, this is indeed a forest. But for some reason, I'm not really in a panic, I'm perfectly calm right now.

Well, since I'm fully calm, let's think about this more logically.

As I was thinking such, I looked down, to see if anything is different. Nope, still the same, I'm using my avatar. So I guess I'm in the game? Or did I hit my head and fall unconscious?

No, that ain't it. I can't have hit my head, if I laid down in my bed, so that's out of the question. Maybe I am in the game then? But that doesn't explain the bright flash of light. Or whatever that was, because I really don't know. I'm really confused as of right now.

Oh well, let's ignore it as of now. If i'm in the game, then surely, the game elements from Unique World must work, right? Okay, here goes nothing!

Status

As I thought of the "magic word", the status showed up as an AR window, just like before. But, some options, are missing, and some are locked? What?

Oh right, my name! Please don't let it be my actual real name!

 

--Status--
       Name: Sylvia Yung

 

OH THANK GOD!

As I read the name in the AR window, I saw the name of my avatar, "Sylvia Yung", was indeed there. Sylvia, is the name I thought of when I made my hair silver. And Yung, is basically the name of my mother. My mother is Japanese, so that makes me half-American and half-Japanese. Not that it matters here, ahahaha...

Anyway, let's go over my status once again.

 

--Status--
       Name: Sylvia Yung
       Race: Divine Elf (High Elf)
       Sex: Female
       Age: 18
       Level: 1
       EXP: 0/15
       HP: 200/200
       MP: 150/150
--Stats--
       STR: 50
       CON: 1800
       DEX: 1200
       INT: 2500
       WIS: 2000
       CHA: 2000
--Skills--
       Divinity(--)
       Perfect Hearing(1)
       Perfect Sight(1)
       EXP Increase(1)
--Magic--
       Divine Magic(1)
       Light Magic(1)
       Wind Magic(1)
--Menu--
       Inventory
       Summon [Locked]
       Map [Locked]

What is with this weird allocation? And since I'm level 1, I shouldn't even have over 1000 in anything! It doesn't make any sense, furthermore, my race is Divine Elf (High Elf), and I have "Divinity" skill. What's with that? In the game, High Elf is basically the evolved version of the Elf's, except they are spelled "High-Elf" in Unique World. The dash basically indicates that the race has evolved. And what with the magic? Unique World did not have magic. And what is with the numbers? Is that their levels? Let's try pressing on the EXP Increase one.

--Info: EXP Increase | Level 1--
       The higher the level, the more you earn.

THIS DIDN'T EXPLAIN SHIT!

Ugh, It didn't even explain how much it increases, is a duplicator? exp * 2 + level? I need to test this out, There better be a notification or something when I earn EXP. Well, at least I now know that the number corresponds to their level. But It does not show what the max level is, which is really weird.

Sigh.

Now the inventory, do I even have something in here? I really don't want to use a stick as a weapon, this isn't some RPG from the early 90's. As I pressed on the inventory, my eyes went wide.

 

--Inventory--
       Combat Armour, SY-11
       Combat Clothes, SY-11
       Glock-17
       A.M Rifle, SY-08
       Apple Pie Slice (+500) [10]

 

My apple pie slices! I made a very delicious apple pie a few days ago in Unique World, I'm glad it's still there. It was a pain to make it, since I was experimenting if I could improve the healing percentage. And I managed, somehow, after a lot of trial and error.

Anyway, it looks like my equipment is there too. The SY basically stands for my own name, since I couldn't think of a better one. And the numbers basically represent the new and improved version of the weapon.

Let's just equip my combat clothes, since they provide the best defence, don't want to use my current clothes, which feels quite unsafe.

As I pressed on the item in the inventory, instead of spawning in front of me, the clothes automatically materialised on me.

"Huh, not exactly the same as Unique World. But saves the hassle to put on my clothes I guess."

As the combat armour also materialised on me, I did the same for my sidearm and my custom Anti Material Rifle, or A.M Rifle for short.

Now then, does the ammo work the same as before?

I pulled my Glock-17 out of it's holster, and motioned my left hand, as I was grabbing ammo from my back, and as it turned out, it still worked.

This is the "Ammo Generation" system I made for Unique World, with my experience as a game developer. I really couldn't be bothered with all the ammo boxes and the like, so I made this system instead. And just like before, I don't need to worry about running out of ammo, which is great! Well, I played alone, so I didn't really care about balancing. Who is going to complain anyway? Not me!

"Alright, let's take a look around! If this is the game world, then the enemy should become items on death. And a game world is made out of polygons, not atomic particles...

Right, since I have no idea where to go, I'll just head forward until I reach, or hear, something."

I put my newly generated magazine into my sidearm, and made sure it was fully loaded, and released the safety trigger. Now I was fully ready for any angry mob! Probably!

As I started to walk forward carefully, listening to my surroundings, I started hearing sounds of a river. If I'm right, the river should be just up ahead. Hopefully there are some animals near the river. I'm quite glad I have my skill "Perfect Hearing". It's still level 1, but hey, works fine as of now.

I kept walking forward until the river was in view, and I noticed a quite large, boar? I'm not really sure, but it's quite large. As I slowly headed out in the clearing, the boar noticed me.

Without any warning, it started running at me, and it was really fast! It startled me, but I quickly snapped out of it and pointed my weapon at the boar's big fat head. It's basically a massive target, so I couldn't possibly miss my shots.

*BANG, BANG, BANG*

I shot 3 times, straight between the boars eyes and it started to violently crash into the ground because of it's velocity. To make sure I wasn't mushed by the pile of fat, that was the boar, I jumped to the side.

That was too close, but how did that boar even obtain such speed when it's so damn big?!

I eyed the boar, since it was still twitching. Was it still alive, even after being shot straight in the head, 3 times? As I though such, an AR window popped up.

<Demonic Boar Killed! 200 exp (+150) gained>
<Skill Obtained: Sharp Shooter(1)>
<Skill Obtained: Calm Mind(1)>
<Skill Obtained: Analysis(1)>
<Level up! 1 > 5>

That's a lot of experience. But, the body of the boar, did not turn into items...

I headed over to the boar's corpse, and poked it a bit. It was indeed dead. In the game, all enemies burst into particles, which drops their loot. But nothing happened here, just like reality, it's just a corpse. And I can smell the blood too, which also solidify the reasoning that this is in fact not a game, but reality.

So in conclusion, that bright light, basically summoned me to another world. Why was I summoned in the first place? I'm just a game programmer dammit! I just had a normal tiresome day at work, nothing out of the ordinary, so nothing should-

no, something did actually happen.

Right, the phone! It was the only strange thing that happened, and it was when I drove my way home too! But that doesn't really explain much though...

Well, whatever. It's not like I can go home anyway, so who cares. And my parent's wouldn't mind either, in fact, they would get super excited instead. They really are weird, 2 peas in a pond.

But before I get too side tracked, let's check out this new skill I got, "Analysis"! I do believe it's a skill that's used on objects and other solid matter, I guess. Time to test it on this big boar then.

Analysis

 

--Analysis: Demonic Boar--
       State: Dead

Not much information, huh? Maybe because of my skill level? Alright, let's use it on everything around me!

Analysis, Analysis, Analysis...

 

--Analysis: Tree--
--Analysis: Tree--
--Analysis: Rock--
--Analysis: Tree--
--Analysis: Flower--
--Analysis: Grass(?)--

<Skill Analysis has levelled up! 1 > 2>

Oooh! It actually worked! Okay, let's take a look at the "Grass(?)" again!

Analysis

 

--Analysis: Barji Herb--
       Used to get rid of paralysis status effect

 

Neat! So If I keep using my skills like crazy, they will level up like crazy! Time to grind~.

~***~

A few hours later, I successfully managed to level up most of my skills, I also found some normal wild life, and some demonic ones too. Which also helped me to level up some more! But I noticed that the EXP Increase skill is quite, broken.

I mean, I just beat a flower monster, thingy, and I earned over 2k of exp. What kind of broken ass system is this? Does everyone in this world have the same exp allocation? I really hope not, I don't want to meet a toddler with strength of 1 million or something. That would be terrifying!

Ah, right, let's check my status. I only looked at the AR notification windows, and not my status recently, or at all. The only time I checked on it, is when I first got summoned here.

Status

 

--Status--
       Name: Sylvia Yung
       Race: Divine Elf (High Elf)
       Sex: Female
       Age: 18
       Level: 30
       EXP: -2225860/ERROR
       HP: 80,000/80,000
       MP: 500,250/500,250
--Stats--
       STR: 2500
       CON: 2500
       DEX: 2500
       INT: 2500
       WIS: 2500
       CHA: 2500
--Skills--
       Divinity(--)
       Perfect Hearing(MAX)
       Perfect Sight(8)
       EXP Increase(MAX)
       Sharp Shooter(8)
       Calm Mind(6)
       Analysis(MAX)
       Double Process(5)
       Throwing(3)
       Melee Combat(3)
       Resist Poison(8)
       Resist Paralysis(5)
       Resist Cold(2)
       Resist Heat(3)
       Resist Mind(MAX)
       Resist Restraint(1)
--Magic--
       Divine Magic(1)
       Light Magic(1)
       Wind Magic(1)
--Menu--
       Inventory
       Summon [Locked]
       Map [Locked]

 

Uhh, why is my stats all broken? Is 2500 the max value? I really don't know. And what is with my strength? I'm no damn ogre, come on!

At least I got my paralysis resist and poison resist from those annoying flower monsters. But what is with this forest? The further I progress, the more annoying the enemies become! I just want to find a road, or something!

I really want to get out of here, because it's really getting on my nerves!

*Rustle, rustle*

As I was complaining internally, something was moving behind the bushes up ahead. I tried to hide my presence as much as I could, and as I did, another AR window popped up.

<Skill Obtained: Hide Presence(1)>

Neat, this will be super useful, but since it's level 1, I doubt it's going to help much.

As I waited, 2 greenish looking people came out from the bushes, goblins. One had a spear, and another had an axe. Both hand made, and looks super shabby, like it's going to fall off any minute.

"Gii, gii!"

"Geie gii."

I had no idea what they where saying, but they didn't look in this direction, luckily for me. As I looked closer, they where holding a horned rabbit, they where really quick on their feet, but a single bullet from my Glock put them out of commission. Well, if you blow their brains out, of course they will stop being alive.

"Gegege!"

"Gii!"

As they started laughing at something, they began walking to the right. They are probably going back to their camp. Well, if they have goblin camps in this world. All the novels I've read, they usually had one. Anyway, time to follow them, they might bring me some more exp, and maybe also some foodstuffs! Because I'm really hungry right now, so I really hope they have some food.

It took awhile before they reached their little goblin camp. Okay, it was really huge, or massive. Should I call this a goblin fort?

As the goblins walked into their fort, I noticed something else, prisoners. All female too, another fantasy trope. But on closer look, some are Elf's and, cats? Cat girls? They are all super cute and adorable too.

But this is not the time to think about that, I should probably find a way to set them free, while also getting rid of the goblin horde and getting food.

A small grin was plastered on my face.

Time to do some grinding, and get some foodstuff!

56