Chapter 7: Sparks of “War” [Part: 1]
2.5k 21 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jorse is the captain of the town guard in Lirr, which is situated near the Greya Kingdom's borders. As usual, he was in his office writing down reports. Today he got more than usual thanks to some drunk adventurers. When he got to his position a few years ago, he did not expect he would spend most of the mornings writing at his desk.

While he was writing down the last few reports, he started hearing a lot of noise outside. And it did not take long until he heard someone running down the hallway. As the steps became louder, the person in question barged into his office without knocking.

"Jorse! The Terran Empire's just got spotted leaving the Devil's Forest! We-"

Before he could finish his report, a loud explosion was heard from the west.

"What?! How did they-"

"Standing here won't do you any good! Get your ass moving to the western gate!"

"Yes, sir!"

As his subordinate rushed out, he got himself ready as fast as he could. Jorse did not understand how they managed to attack so quickly, when they where recently spotted. Guards on as the western gate can easily spot enemies, since it's all grasslands from here to Devil's Forest. Sure, there are a few trees and rocks here and there, but that won't really help to hide an army. So how did they manage to pull off a sneak attack?

Jorse did not have the luxury to dwell on it, because he was short on time. As he got ready, he quickly left the building and headed to the western gate.

When he reached the western gate, he noticed that it was still holding itself together, but visible cracks could been seen everywhere. If their walls where made out of wood, it would surely been blown to bits by now.

"What's the situation? And furthermore, how did they manage to sneak up on us?!"

"Captain! We got 3 wounded and 2 deaths from the explosion. And we aren't exactly sure, sir. Their army where recently spotted, yet, they managed to attack undetected."

Jorse furrowed his eyebrows, and was about to give out orders when another explosion occurred.

"What?! The eastern gate! Impossible!"

"Captain! Monsters are Atta-"

Before one of the guards could even finish, the western gate exploded once again, this time however it was much more powerful. Jorse flew back from the initial shock wave, which made him quite disoriented. As he tried to get up, he was assailed with large amount of pain from his left leg. Looking down, he saw that a piece of metal, from the gate, has pierced it.

Jorse gritted his teeth, and used his sword for support. As he finally stood up, he noticed that the western gate, or what's left of it, was no more than rubble. He got lucky surviving the blast, while the others did not.

It did not take long before he noticed a swarm of bug like monsters storming in. He did not understand how they where weren't seen, but what Jorse really did not understand was how the monster warding barrier that this this town had, did not even stop these bugs.

As Jorse was not in the condition to fight, so he hid in the alleyway, hoping that the bugs wouldn't find him. As he was about to reach to his pockets to bring out a lower tier health potion, one of the weird bug like monsters, appeared behind him. Before Jorse even had time to react, the bug jumped at him, and created another large explosion.

 

It did not take long for Lirr to fall to the Terran Empire. Something that Greya Kingdom won't realise until it's too late.

~***~

"It seems the new toys are working really well. It's a shame we won't have enough when we reach our destination."

"They are just disposable pawns, so it matters not. While they do the job for us, we will gather our strength when we reach their capital. We still have those, at our disposal as well. But do keep in mind that they can only take simple orders."

The first platoon captain was wearing a wicked smile as he saw the carnage unfold in the town of Lirr. The captain was eager to see the town in ruins, so he ordered the mages to send their new toys in the middle of the night, the suicide bugs. They where man made monsters, that has been created with magic. The captain did not understand how the mages did it, and he couldn't care less. The only thing he knew for certain is that the mages managed to insert 'Fire Bomb' spell into the bugs, which caused them to explode.

But this was not the only toy they had. But the captain could not unleash them now, he had to wait until they reached the capital of Greya Kingdom. As he was watching with glee, the other platoon leaders came over.

"1st Platoon, did the toys succeed?"

"Yes, they did. A shame really, I would love to kill them myself."

"Hehehe... You and me both."

"Too bad we have to wait until the damn capital before we can kill those retched abominations."

3rd platoon said, displeased that he will have to wait until they reach the capital, before he could stain the roads with red. The other platoon captains agreed, not showing an ounce of regret. They whole heartily thought that all races that was not human was inferior, and should be exterminated or used as slaves. Something the Terran Empire drilled into everyone's head since childbirth.

Terran Empire also denied any adventures into their kingdom, seeing them as lowlifes, scum and barbarians. Some parts of the Terran Empire, they also use non humans for relief, which caused every kingdom to scorn the Terran Empire. But sadly, nobody could fight against them, even if all kingdoms of the continent united together, they would not have enough power to take down the empire. That's how powerful the Terran Empire is.

"Alright, looks like it's time. Tell all units to march forward into Lirr. If you find any survivors, take them as slaves."

The 1st platoon captain then smirked, while still looking at Lirr.

"If they resist, you are free to play with them until they break."

"Now that is an offer I won't say no to!"

"""Hahahaha!"""

After the captains went back to their respective platoons, they started marching forward to Lirr. It did not take long until they reached the western gate of Lirr. Once they passed trough it, they saw the carnage of what happened here.

Some of the houses had collapsed from the explosions, some where on fire, and pieces of what supposed to be the town guards, where everywhere. It was eerily quiet, but none of the soldiers cared, and kept marching forward.

"Humph... Is that all these inferior creatures can do? How boorish..."

Said one of the soldiers as they walked trough the gates. When they reached the plaza, the 1st platoon captain told everyone to search every nook and cranny of the town. It did not take long until the captains got report that there where no survivors left. Their new toys did a flawless job.

"Tch. Looks like we have to wait until we reach the capital. Hey, 1st platoon, how many days until we get there?"

"2 days, if we decide to rest. However, since we did not fight, and everyone is still in a great shape, we should reach the outskirts when the sun is about to go beyond the horizon."

"Great! Oi, listen up. We are moving! We will reach their filthy capital before the day ends, take a quick rest. Then we will begin to purify that wretched place!"

""YEAAAH!!""

Everyone in the plaza was excited. Excited to purify, to kill and stain the capital in red. Their entire goal, was to purge and exterminate everything in Greya Kingdom. Just the mere thought of it, made them laugh like crazy.

They slowly marched closer and closer to the capital. A few hours later, when the sun was slowly heading to the horizon, the army was nearing the outskirts of the capital.

~***~

"Yummy~"

"Miri loves this cold treat~"

I simply smiled when Nyuu and Miri ate their ice cream. It's quite hot today, and after doing their usual training, I rewarded them with the cold treat. I could have gone to the cafe and bought something similar to ice cream that they offered, but it was quite crowded today, so I summoned some vanilla ice cream instead.

We sat around the fountain, when my skill 'Perfect Hearing' picked something up. Someone was shouting something, but it was too far away to pickup the words from here. Not long after I heard that, a loud explosion could be heard from the west. Miri and Nyuu jumped straight up after hearing the loud explosion. Even after all the training they went trough, they still get startled from loud noises, but it did not take long before they regained their composure.

"Miri is ready~!"

"Nyu-nyun~!"

"That's good to hear. Let's head over to where the explosion took place."

""Aye~!""

We used 'Ninjutsu' skill to head over where the explosion happened. Even if my skill is on the lower end, I could easily keep up with their maxed skill. The reason could be my dexterity being so high. Miri and Nyuu's dexterity has also been improved, they are quite nimble now, like a real ninja. I really want to summon ninja clothes, but not making them materialise on me. I don't want to strip just to give them to Nyuu or Miri, and there would also be a size problem too.

As we ran closer, we started to hear a lot of screaming, and it did not take long until we saw black smoke. It did not take long until the smell of blood reached us as well.

This is no mere monster attack. It's an coordinated attack, could it be the Terran Empire? Mobian and Elerina did tell me about them. Let's hope I'm wrong about this...

"Miri, Nyuu! Once we reach our destination, rescue any civilian that may be stuck behind debris, or from the fire. That is our top priority... And if the attackers kill non combatants... Don't show them any mercy."

""Aye! We won't fail you master!""

Said Miri and Nyuu, this time without their usual happy-go-lucky behaviour, meaning they are quite serious this time around. As we finally got to our destination, what I saw shocked me quite a bit.

There was a lot of blood, fire and corpses everywhere. From guards to normal civilians, but what really bellowed my fists in anger, was that they even slaughtered children. Just up ahead, was a man, wearing the Terran Empire's army uniform, which I learned reading from the library. And at the end of his sword was a dead child, the guard was laughing like a crazy person.

I quickly summoned a .50 caliber handgun, also known as a Desert Eagle. I released the safety trigger with a loud click, and took aim. The guard noticed me, and started at me with a crazed look.

"DIE! INFE-"

*BANG*

Before he even had the chance to complete his whole sentence, I pulled the trigger. His head, was no more. I would love to use magic against these scum, but I did not want to inflict damage to the surrounding area, or accidentally kill civilians who may be inside buildings, or in alleyways. So I opted for a simple handgun instead.

"Nyuu? Master, there are weird creatures over there..."

"Miri thinks so too, it smells strong..."

I looked at the direction where they where pointing. I activated my 'Sense Presence' skill which I had deactivated while I was here in town, and noticed a lot of large presences. One of them was heading to our direction really quickly, not only that, some smaller ones too. They where not as fast, so I presume it's the empire's soldiers.

"It's heading this way, and it's not alone. A few soldiers are heading our direction to. I'll take care of the large one, while you two take care of the others."

When I said such, they nodded and quickly hid in the shadows. Fully utilising their ninjutsu skill. As the large presence appeared, I noticed something strange about it. Black smoke, or something similar to it, was oozing out from it. It did not smell any burnt flesh, but I knew that it was something bad, real bad.

I really don't want to get close to it, so its for the best to use my little deagle instead.

"ROAAAR!"

"Ugh... Your breath is disgusting."

Before I had the chance to even aim, it roared really loudly. Not only that, it's breath was so bad I wanted to hurl, but did my best to resist. I quickly aimed at its head, and fired. But the creature quickly evaded the shot. It tried to pounce me, but because of my high stats, I could easily avoid it's attacks.

First time I've seen a monster being able to avoid my shots. Let's take a look at it's stats, hopefully It might give me some kind of information. [Analyse].

--Analysis: Man Made Experiment#212--

Level: 28
STR: 160
CON: 0
DEX: 200
INT: 0
WIS: 0
CHA: 0

...'Man Made Experiment'?

Just by reading it made me frown. So these creatures are no normal monsters, but man made experiments. That explains it's stats as well, which is very odd to begin with. But now is not the time to go over it, I need to stay sharp.

I quickly aimed at the creature again and shot a few times. Out of 4 shots, only 1 hit. I blew off it's right front leg, but it did not take long for it to regenerate it.

Tch. Let's go with hand to hand combat then. I should be able take it out with just my fists alone, thanks to my OP strength. But it's going to be pain in the ass, just because It can regenerate without problems.

"ROOAR!!"

It roared loudly again, and tried to pounce me once again. I quickly unsummoned my handgun and crouched down. I turned my right hand into a fist and once the creature got close, I did an uppercut with all my strength. The creature's head exploded, and a stream of purple liquid spew everywhere. The creature staggered, but did not fall limp on the ground.

It 'looked' at my direction, trying to roar, but only did some weird noises from it's throat, or something that is supposed to be it's throat. I thought it would regenerate it's head but for some reason it did not. It was also still 'alive' without one, and it somehow could still see and hear me.

It really gave me the creeps, and if the Terran Empire created such abominations, I don't want to think about what they would do to those who aren't human. Just thinking about it gave me goosebumps

As the creature jumped straight at me, and I used all my strength on my right fist again, aimed straight at it's lack-there-of head. The strength from my fist caused the creature to explode. This time I noticed it's large presence was finally gone, and the AR messaged popped up saying I killed it.

"I Killed the weird creature, but at what cost? I'm drenched in it's purple blood... And it stiiinks! Oh god..."

I quickly opened up my summoning tab, and summoned some deodorant.

Once this is over, I need a bath... Sigh...

I also noticed the small presences that followed it was snuffed out by Miri and Nyuu. As I focused on the presences around me, I found a few more inside the capital. There where about 40 of these weird creatures around the capital.

"Miri, Nyuu! Take care of the normal foot soldiers, prioritise those who try to kill civilians!"

""Aye!""

While they are taking care of the soldiers, I can take care of their idiotic experiments.

As I thought such, I dashed into a sprint. I arrived to my first target really quickly, it didn't even take 20 seconds before I started running. I guess having OP skills have it's uses. When the creature noticed my presence, I was already in front of it. With full strength of my fist at it's head, this time aiming straight between it's eyes. It's whole body exploded.

Having 'Melee Combat' skill at 3 sure is useful. I wonder how more useful it becomes once it reaches max level, since it kind of feels like I'm auto aiming at their vitals.

As I kept going, It roughly took me 20 minutes until I killed 35 of them already. They where all scattered around the capital, and not to mention all the debris that is laying about. When I was going for the last 5, I noticed that they where all at the capital square. It made my job easier, but It also felt like a trap. Since I could feel a lot of presences there.

It took about 1 minute to reach the square, since I had to take detours. I could have run on top of the houses, but because of the fires in the surrounding area, the roofs where long gone. And if I jumped randomly, I would cause more damage than anything because of my strength anyway.

As I got to the square, I was greeted with 5 large creatures and 20 soldiers. They all had wicked smiles, creepy.

"So, you are the whore who keeps killing our toys, huh? Then you must be pretty strong, for a non human that is. HAH!"

I narrowed my eyes when I heard one of the soldiers say such. When I looked at his uniform, I noticed that it looked different. 3 of them had the same uniform to be exact.

Their elite units?

"I am the 3rd platoon captain, Sir. Golle. State your name, cur!"

...So they are platoon captains, then.

"...My name is Sylvia. That's all you need to know before you die, scum."

"Big words for an inferior being!"

Golle said while sneering. Certain for his victory, is my guess. But too bad, I'm not playing your game.

"Says the idiot with a beard."

"I wonder if you can keep saying such, when I break you."

"Yeah, no. How about you die instead, sounds fair in my opinion."

I summoned a AR15 with a holosight, aimed straight at his head, and pulled the trigger.

<Sir.Golle Killed! 150 exp (-error) gained>

It only took a few seconds for his head to magically disappear. The rest of the soldiers where shocked, seeing that their platoon leader was killed within seconds.

"And here I thought your blood was green."

"All units, kill that inferior being!"

""YEAAAAHH!!""

'inferior'? Seriously? And some of them started to chant magic inside a town. They seriously don't give a shit about collateral damage, or anything that isn't even human.

Thinking such made me in a sour mood, and unsummoned my rifle. Time to go ham with these fuckers with my fists only. I dashed forward and used all my strength to punch the crap out of the creature in front of me. Or to be more precise, anything in my way.

Even if I one punched their comrades, they where still cracking wide smiles, without an ounce of care or regret.

What is wrong with these people?! They seriously giving me the creeps, what the hell!

As I kept punching, the remaining 4 creatures tried to sandwich me.

"Yes! YES! THAT'S IT! KILL! KILL THE INFERIOR BEING!"

"KILL! KILL! KILL!"

I quickly spun around while extending my right leg. It's force caused 2 of the creatures to the blown into bits, while the last 2 only had their heads blown off. I clicked my tongue as how annoying the creatures where.

I really want to punch the crap out of the guy who made these.

I used my trusty fists to snuff the last 2 creatures. For some reason, the empires army never once retreated, even with the odds stacked against them. They also had these weird crazed looks, as if they lost all of their logical thinking. The only time they where shocked was when their platoon captain got killed by me.

The remaining soldiers used their swords, to swing at me, but I quickly grabbed their arms, and broke them into certain directions they shouldn't be bent, and then did a spinning hook kick. Their heads that was once there, turned into mush.

I then grabbed one of the swords and did a horizontal slash against the platoon captains. Their upper body fell backwards, as their lower portion fell forward. Even upon their death, they still had that wicked crazed smile, which really made me feel uncomfortable.

"...The hell is with these, fanatics."

As I was looking at the corpses, I noticed I did not really feel anything when I was killing them. Even though I used to be human once, but then again, these people deserved it.

"Miri, Nyuu! Did you find any survivors?"

And as always, as soon as I asked their name, they would always appear in front of me. They really enjoy being my ninja maids, or something.

"Miri found people under rubble. They are not in danger anymore."

"Nyuu put out some fire, and rescued children."

"Sounds like it wen-"

Before I even had the chance to finish my words, I heard another explosion. This time however, it was from the castle.

Crap! My presence skill doesn't go that far! And how did I not even notice them...

"Let's head back to the castle asap! Once you get there, your main priority is to take out the Terran Empire's soldiers!"

""Aye!""

We dashed back to the castle gates as fast as we could. Luckily, I sensed no more of those large creatures, the experiments. But I sensed a lot of the empire's soldiers inside the castle. It's going to be a pain to get rid of them, since the castle is freaking huge. The castle and the town guards are now on an equal footing with the empire, since those annoying large creatures are finally out of the equation.

There are a lot of soldiers heading to where Elerina is... I got a real bad feeling...

42