Chapter 6 Worries and Distance
250 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I heaved a sigh of relief when I enter my room. I was catching my breath. I was in turbo mode when running away. 

 

"he will definitely kill me this time"

I let my emotion get ahead of me but they are already reach the end of my patience. 'I need to do something' I was sweating really hard. if this continue,  Rei will be in danger. Are they still humans? hurting a classmate.

'I need to distance myself a bit from Rei. I dont want to give Rei anymore troubles. '

The next day, trained until I drop. I rarely join the groups and train alone. Sometimes Rei will visit me in my room but I will just say that I'm not feeling okay.  For the apst three days, I kept practicing ki manipulation and somehow got some insight of it.  I already feel a slight change inside of me. I check my status and finally saw the result of my hard work.

Andre Crux

Condition: Healthy

Mana: 20/20 (Very Low) 

Physical Proficiency: O

Power: 19

Magical Proficiency:  O

Power: 5

Inborn Skills: Armamentalist Level 1 (Upgrade Locked) 

Acquired Skills: 

Swordmanship Level 3

Spearmanship Level 1

Bowmanship Level 1

Ki Manipulation Level 1 - upon activating boost the users strength by twofold. The user circulate his ki to any part of his body to boost its strength. 

Title: Summoned Hero

 Finally a skill that I can use, i immediately use it and saw my physical proficiency rose to 38. I tried punching through the air. I felt some weak sonic boom when I punch.  i also circulated ki to both my feet and legs to test my kicks. I tried many applications to my new ability. I kept practicing it until I collapsed from fatigue. 

The next morning, Rei suddenly came to my room with a teary-eyes. 

"Are you avoiding me?" She said as she glared at me with  a look that can silence a wild beast. 

"o-of course not" I said stammering as I look away.

"See!! You are lying!!!! Whenever you lie, you always look away" She looked at me with another deadly glare but again I just looked away.

'this is for her. The more she meddle with me and harvi the more she will be a target of harvi' i thought. If something bad happen to her I wont forgive myself. For a couple of seconds we stay quiet then I saw tears fall in her eyes. 

She cried. I panicked, this was the first time I ever saw her cry. Ever since we were kids,  I've never saw her cry. 

"W-why are you crying?" I asked

"*hik*B-because y-*hik*you're avoiding me.  I-I dont know *hik* why. D-did I *hik* do something wrong?" she wailed as she wipe away her tears with both of her eyes. I felt guilty, seeing her like this

"of course none" I shook my head, defying what she was saying. 

"t-then whats the problem!?" her tone become louder and her tears fell even more. 

"nothing"

"you're lying again"

I gave a deep breathe and sigh. .

"i just don't want to cause you any trouble" I whispered looking away at her. 

"trouble?! Why would you think that?  I never thought of you as trouble" Reina look at me with concern. 

"I know, don't worry about it" I smiled at her to reassure her. 

"is this about Harvi?  Is he harassing you again?  I'm going to talk to him. that bully...." 

'There she go again. . She is acting like that again. She is trying to save me again and again.'

Every time I face trouble, she would save me, as a man It felt degrading.

'please stop'

"you're not helping!!? Please" I slightly raise my voice in anger. 

"w-why? " Rei looked at me shocked from what i said. 

"It's not helping so please stop. Dont meddle with this already.  I don't need your help so just leave me alone!!" even though its hard, I needed to say those words. I didn't want Rei to get hurt because of me. 

"w-why would you say that?  Do you hate me? *hik*" she once again weep in tears. 

"yes, I hate being save by you!!!" I said  while clenching my fist.

"I-I'm sorry..... *hik*" 

Reina turned around and run way with tears in her eyes. I wanted to chase her but I cant for her sake. I didn't know what face I'm making right now.I just made a girl important to me hate me.

After that 3 days have past and in those three days, I trained alone.  Reina and I, didnt even talked. Onetimw, I saw her  looking at me but I just ignored her.  It pained me so hard to ignore her but I have no choice. I didn't want to cause anymore  trouble for her. 

The day of the training expedition arrived. We were going to the canyon near the Empire, where demonic beast lives.  It is like a practical test for us. They wanted all the heroes to gain experience in fighting real monsters.

-------------------------->>>>>

Eve's Pov

The day of the expedition arrived.  We rode the Imperial carriages on our way to Arsibal Canyon,  which is a deep cleft between escarpments filled with low-level demonic monster. We decided to do this expedition in order for the heroes to gain experience from killing demonic monsters.  

With their current strength, killing these monster was just a piece of cake but we would stay to supervise them and watch them close by, without them noticing. 

The current situation of the kingdom was still safe but we didn't know when the demon lord's forces will start to move again.  they already occupied some of the kingdoms far north of the kingdom so training the heroes now will be the best assurance that we had.

'The activeness of the Demon Lord's forces is rising in an abnormal rate. It's been 300 years since the demon's lords defeat but now another one has appeared not only that the almost eradicated force was once again replenished. how the heck did they do that on the watch of all the kingdoms?'

While thinking of these things,  the carriage came to a halt then the door opened.  one of the knight greeted us and saluted. 

"Imperial Court Magician Evangeline,  We are already here in the venue"

"Okay tell the Captain to make a camp here we are starting the Arsibal Canyon expedition tommorow.  Also gather the heroes for me I will dicuss something to them, Thank you. You are dismiss."

"Yes, Ma'am!"

The soldier once again saluted before leaving.  I also tidied myself before exiting the carriage.  

------------------->>>>>>>

Ace  Pov

We are already in the entrance of the Arsibal canyon.  

'It is my first time seeing a canyon so this is how it looks like' 

This place looked like a tourist spot if this was on earth.  Most of all the Gate like thing in the entrance of the canyon was superb. 

"Andre, this one looks like a dungeon from the novel we both read" 

The one who talked to me was one of my anime buddy, Mario Delmundo. a blacked heired boy with an oversized face becaused of obesity. I called him Fatty because of his big belly and fat face. we are good friends.

"Yeah,  it is my first time seeing a canyon though, I'm excited and nervous being here now fatty. " 

"oh that's rare, skinny bones, to talked to me.  You almost ignored me  these whole time" he said as he started laughing. 

Lightning strucked me in what he said.  It was true that I distanced myself to my other classmate since coming here. 

"Well, I'm kinda busy training myself and consoling myself for being useless" I said to deny his statement. 

"if it was about your stats, then I'm no worse than you. I can't even keep up with that hellish training and I'm only good at being a meatshield with my shitty stats" He said and once again he laughed with a pig-like sound.

"welcome to the group, my friend. even in isekai were on the same wave length. We're both trash" I happily told to him as we laugh to our hearts content.

While we were laughing, Instructor Eve arrived. she was wearing her violet court magician robe embroidered with golden lining and the kingdoms crest.  it was very elegant and majestic. 

"Hello Everyone! please gather up. I will now tell you all the instruction for this expedition.  First of all please group yourself into 5 groups. Since you are 29 in all, four groups will consist of 6 people and the last one will be five. Now find your own groups"

6