Chapter 17 part 1 Sacrifice
191 10 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I could still feel the presence of that monstrosity behind us. It's not like it was going away.

Thankfully, the reinforcements had arrived.  A sense of security sprouted inside of me as I heaved a sigh of relief. 

We kept running without looking back. The fatigue finally kicked in, I can feel my feet hurting in exhaustion. Everyone was also in the same situation as I am. 

"We are almost there!" I said, grasping for air while dragging my aching feet to run. After this, we could finally catch our breathe. 

Just a little bit more! 

But once again, I felt a tinggling sensation at the back of my head. 

Something doesn't feel right.

Small vibrations were traveling through the ground. I heard the tremble caused by the incoming force. The demon was coming after us again. It even became more savage and monstrous than before.

Suddenly, something was thrown in front of us. 

A strong scent of blood!

 

A pile of corpses scattered on the ground.  Seeing the faces, it was those mages' bodies. Their body was dilapidated beyond recognition, blood oozing from their bodies. 

"GAAAAAAAAAARRGGHHHH" Rika stumbled on the ground. She vomitted from the terror she have seen. Everyone had a terrified expression in their face, imagining that they will be the next one. 

"Damn it!" I immediately grabbed Rika's hand and dragged her away.

"Don't stop running, please!" I begged her. 

The light in her eyes was already dim, It felt like, she already lose hope . Everyone was the same as her except for Harvi. He had a strong mind and strong body to begin with. He got everything that I don't have. I'm started to get jealous of him.

'What should I do?'

'I don't know!'

'Can I even do something?'

'You can't do anything'

'Did I even do something?'

'You didn't do anything'

'Am I going to be powerless every single time?!'

'Yes'

Once again, these thoughts made me succumbed in despair. It's like eating me alive. 

'How many times do I fell  in despair without even doing anything?'

'Atleast let me accomplished something'

'No!  Let me do something!'

I dont know if I'm just looking for something to appeased myself but deep inside I dont want to lose hope, just like those protagonist of a shounen anime and manga.

'I wanted to protect those important to me!'

I felt a fire burning inside of me, steady growing from a pitiful cinders to a majestic fire. 

I sprinted close to Harvi.

"Harvi, I have a request to you.  Can you get everyone away from here. I will be the bait!" I declared to him with firm determination.

"Hah!  are you telling me to run away while you sacrifice yourself?  Do you think I'm a coward, you damn shit?" Harvi growled at me angrily. 

"No! that's not it!  I think you are brave.  Way braver than I am. I just want them to live" I reavealed a sad looking smile as I looked at my team. 

"Then why are you suggesting that?  You are not even worth a bait.  If there is one suitable for a bait,  It's me! "  Harvi said coldly. 

"No, thats not okay.  Many hopes are in your hands. You are carrying more in your shoulder.  They need you, Not only your team but our classmates.  They cannot afford to lose someone like you!  So please just let me do it!" I pleaded. 

"Are you saying you can stop that thing? Are you stupid or something? Look at yourself! You're not even in a good shape!" Once again, he looked at me in disdain. 

"I will try!..... No!  I can do it.  Trust me!"

"Tch.  If you choose death then go ahead! Don't think like you can do something by just sacrificing yourself." He lookes away with a sad expression on his face. 

"Thank you!  One last thing, If they go after me can you apprehend them! I don't really want them to suffer!" 

"Got it!  If that's what you want, I will honor your request and Here's a little gift from me then!" he did not even gave me a glance, I knew, he understand what I am feeling right now. He then he chanted some spell directly to my body.  I felt power surging inside of me. 

"Thanks. I owe you one!" I smiled expressing my utmost gratitude. 

"No! I'm still the one that owes you here so don't let that damn thing kill you,  Better do everything to survive!  I dont want to owe someone who is already dead! One last thing, I recognize you!  You are not weak, you are strong!"

Hearing that, I started to slow down and for the last time, I glanced at my own teammates silently praying for their safety. 

I made a sharp turn to face the incoming demon at the same time I quickly unsheated my beloved sword as I run towards it. 

"GAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" I was running like a madman, even knowing that I may die in the process.

The wind pressure was steadily rising. I'm accelerated in a very good speed, thanks to the spell Harvi casted.  I felt so light like a feather. I also activated my skill to gain more strength as sprinted at my utmost limit aiming my sword at the demon's forearm.

(A/N: Leave a feedback below and review thanks :) )

5