Chapter 19 part 1 The One that is Lost
156 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally,  Harvi and the group arrived in the camp outside of the Arsibal Canyon.  The camp was also devastated by the demon's attack. The scent of death was all over the place. The bodies of the dead soldiers where piled up in a corner. 

"What happened here?" Harvi asked one of the nearby classmates. 

"Demons attacked the camp just a while ago.  We were evacuated by the mages of the empire when we were inside, saying that there is one demon that entered the canyon"

"Is there any demon left here? any reinforcement from the empire?" Harvi once again asked. 

"They just arrived a while ago and only cleaning up now" His classmate answered. 

"Who's in charge!?" Harvi shouted to get all the attention of all the people nearby.

"I am the one in charge, right now" A man in a noble armor answered. 

"Can you give us some reinforcement inside the canyon, one of our classmate was left behind! Please!" Harvi pleaded.

"We can't do that!  The one inside was a high demon!  We can't open the canyon just to look for one person. We already send reinforcement earlier but almost half of them didnt return! Anymore casualties will be a burden to the empire. Please try to understand." The leader in-charge declined Harvi's request. It's true that the casualties of today's battle were enormous. Many of the elite soldiers died even some of the mages didn't return. 

"Are you saying that the our lives are just shit. You summoned us here to fight for you even though, we don't want to. You put all those burden to us, who didn't even know how to fight. At least, do your job and protect us?!" Harvi glared at him full of wrath. 

"I'm sorry but we can't really do that! There's no one in here that can fight toe to toe with that demon. For know all we can do is to monitor the demon's movement inside the canyon and prepare to eliminate it with full force." the leader in-charge said in a cold voice before turning back and returned to his post. 

"Damn it!" all Harvi could do was the grit his teeth, he didn't want to acknowledge it but  what the leader in-charge said was all true.

"Harvi, What did you say? Who was the one left behind?" One of his classmate asked. Harvi's confession shocked everyone. 

"You arrived with Andre's group right? Is it just me or I can't seem to see Andre anywhere?" another one throw a question to Harvi. Harvi just fell silent unable to gave any answers. 

Reina, who was looking for Andre,  felt a bad premonition the moment she heard his classmate's question.  Her heart beats quickened and beads of sweat started to fall down from her face. She immediately close the distance between her and Harvi. 

"W-What do you mean by that!?  Harvi, where is Andre?! Is he still inside!? Answer me!!?  Reina shouted in desperation, Seeing that Harvi just stayed silent, Her tears fell down uncontrollably. The silence was already the exact answer. 

"D-Do you already fell so low, to even leave a classmate behind!!!" Reina grabbed Harvi in his collar. She glared at harvi with tears in her eyes.

"Please, Reina! Don't blame Harvi. Even though We hate Andre. We don't have the intention on leaving him behind. More importantly we owe him our lives. It's just that, Andre chose to go back and baited hinself to the demon. We're sorry! Because we're not strong enough that Andre sacrifice himself" One of Harvi's lackey begged for forgiveness. Even though, they're scum, They would never forgot what they owed.

"N-No way!  Andre's Power is so weak! He wont do something like that! " Upon hearing it,  Reina collapsed on her knees  on the ground.  Her body lost its strength after confirming that Andre was left behind.  Her tears once again overflowed.

"You liar!  Andre won't leave me. He promise me that, we will return home!.  Auntie and Misa-chan are waiting for us" Reina howled in pain, shedding tears non-stop. Her heart was on the verge of collapsing. She stayed weeping on the ground for some time until she stood up and looked at everyone.

"If you don't want to save him, Then I'll do it myself" She quickly run  towards the  gate and started to bombard it with magic. Right now,  Reina's mind was unstable, the only thing in her mind was saving Andre. 

The soldiers were even shock by the tremors caused by the Reina's attack. They thought another demon was attacking.

"Comeback! Please! Andre! " Reina continued to bombard the gate with magic but it wont even leave a dent. The Gate was protected by the magic array. the only thing that could open it would be Eve and Captain Edgeburg but right now both of them are in critical condition. 

"Gaahhhh! " Reina growled focusing another spell but she felt a tight hug behind her. 

"Please, Reina stop it!  Andre doesn't want to see you like that. I know how you feel. I know you're in pain bu please, stay strong! Andre don't want you to fall in despair!" Michelle said crying,  seeing her friend like this was so heartbreaking.  She knew how much Rei loved Andre. It was even more than herself.

"At least fulfill Andre's wish to go home! You can sleep now, Reina.  Wind release magic: Sleeping Chimes" Michelle whispered, immediately casting a spell on Reina. 

"A-Andre..... " Reina's eyes lost its light as she fell unconscious because of Michelle's magic.

6