Chapter 19 part 2 Ressurection Magic
151 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days have passed since the incident, Everyone was still gloomy. The lost of their classmate greatly affected the class morale. Due to this, their training was also stopped and everyone only stayed on their respective rooms.

When the empire investigated the canyon, Andre and the demon were already nowhere to be found. Not even the corpse of Andre or the demon's shadow was found. It was like l they vanished in thin air like they didn't even exist. 

After the attack, the empire  was still in chaos. The casualties were enormous this time, that it would take time for the empire to replenished the people who were lost in the battle.  Captain Edgeburg,  the one who sold out the empire, was already imprisoned, waiting for his verdict while Eve was still on leave because of her injuries. 

The King gave his deepest apologies to what happened to one of the heroes. He already knew that this incident would cause a great effect to the morale of the heroes so he gave them the time to think if they would still fight for the empire. 

Even though, some of the nobles objected the king's decision, The king only shrugged them off. 

The king immediately ordered to tighten the securities of the empire's border because if the empire was attack now, it would be in grave danger.  The king also issued a massive recruiting of soldiers to replenished the army's personnel. 

As for those who lost their lives during the battle, their family was given financial support enough to live their lives. The King really valued his citizen the most, that's why he was respected by the masses. 

Inside the castle, Reina was still lying unconscious. Michelle, Fatty and Eve were also in the room waiting for Reina to wake up.

Every now and then, Reina would mumble Andre's name with tears in her eyes.

"Andre's really important to her. He was her mental support. I don't know how would Reina   take the news that even the Andre's Body was unable to be found" Michelle was holding her friend's hand,  slowly tightening and praying that Reina would overcome this. 

Finally, Reina's eyes fluttered as it slowly opened. She looked around with her blank eyes, It looked like she's still not aware of reality yet.  In her mind,  It was just a nightmare. 

"Finally,  You're awake! I'm so worried about you!" Michelle hugged Reina tightly. Seeing her friend wake up, tears started falling in her eyes. 

"Michi?"

"Yes it's me! I'm really worried, You know?! "

"I-I'm Sorry,  By the way, Where am I?" Reina mumbled half asleep.

"Where back in the castle now, You've been sleep for two days straight!" Michelle look at her friend who was still clueless. It would be easier if she just forget everything.

"Castle.... two days... " Reina held her head in pain.  It felt like she was trying to remember something. Series of memories returned to her. It was like all the nightmares she had become reality. 

"A-Andre!!" Tears streamed down to Reina's face as she remembered everything. 

"W-where is Andre? " Reina asked Michelle but only silence answered her. She also tried to get some answer to fatty and Eve but it was the same. 

"I will go back! I will save him!" Reina tried to stand up but she was quickly stopped by Michelle. 

"What are you doing, Michi? Let me go!" Reina struggled to break out from Reina's hold. 

Pak!  A loud slap in the face made Reina stopped struggling. 

"Stop it,  Reina! Even the investigation team can't find Andre's remain so please, just accept it"

"No"

"Andre was already dead!"

"Noooooo! You're all just telling lies!" Seeing that Reina couldn't accept it,  Fatty kneeled with his face on the ground. His eyes were already in tears. He was full of guilt. 

"I'm really sorry,  if I was just strong enough Andre wouldn't have to sacrifice himself. I was the one who was always saved by him because I was a coward. Please hate me. I am not worthy to be saved" Incoherent rumblings spilled from Fatty's mouth. He never wished for his friend to die but every time, he would remember how cowardly he was during the demon's fight, He would start to blame himself for being weak.

"I'm also sorry for not being there,  Please forgive me for being incompetent instructor!" Eve bowed her head, trying not to show her face. She always knew how diligent Andre was,  So losing her student like that was also very hard for her. She knew death was not

"I know it's not your fault, Mario, Instructor Eve! Please raise your head"  Reina requested with tears still falling in her read eyes. 

"T-there is a so-called Resurrection Magic from the legend.  It was an Ancient magic.  A magic that could bring the death back to life. Although it's just a hearsay, many people said that if a person master light magic to the peak, they can even bring people back to life." Even though, it was just false hope, She wanted to give her student something they could hold on too. She never wanted them to fall in the abyss of despair 

"I-Is that true, Instructor Eve? " Reina hurriedly confirmed.  Everyone in the room look at Eve in confusion. Their eyes were once again filled with hope. 

"Yes, the possibility may be low but it is not zero. "

6