Chapter Six: Adventurous Discussions
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After passing the gate, the group of three traveled up a long, winding road that took them into the mountains. Eventually though, the road stopped, forcing them to begin traveling on foot.

"You know, Blank." Cereo began, examining their vehicle. "If you would allow me to make edits to your carriage, walking would be unnecessary."

Having already gained a head start further into the mountains, Blank sneered. "There's not a single thing someone like you could do to improve a vehicle of mine. Keep your dirty hands off it."

Firose watched them both argue curiously, looking extremely intrigued with the conversation.

"Very well, very well, though I believe there are a multitude of improvements I could make. Have you not seen what I'm able to construct of grass? The rocks held within these mountains would allow me to improve the functionality of your carriage by inconceivable margins."

"Is that really true, Cereo?" With a tug, Firose asked Cereo with focused eyes.

"Hah, that it is." he responded confidently. "In due time, you'll come to find out that I'm quite the resourceful hero. Constructing tools and practical mechanisms out of barebones material is my specialty."

A laugh burst from Blanks mouth. "Is that supposed to be your idea of showing off? If her love and affection is your goal, then find something else to tell her about."

"I mean, if what he says is true then it actually sounds pretty cool! But.. I guess you're right, it takes a bit more than that to gain something as sacred as my love." Firose pushed her hands against her chest.

"There's rarely an occasion where I'm incorrect, so I advise you to get used to it.. whatever your name is."

"Did you not hear the countless times it was mentioned?" Cereo was stunned. "Her name is Firose, Firose Setina."

"I didn't think it would be needed considering this was supposed to be a two person journey."

"Always expect the unexpected, those are words to live by my dear friend."

"Advice from you? Tch, it's already irrelevant."

"Hey, guys?" Firose jumped in. "So, I'm guessing that if Cereo thought he was supposed to kill someone he loved or whatever to get in here, you planned on doing the same thing Blank. Do.. you really have someone you love? I hope you do because you seem kinda sad a lot."

"If I did, you two would be the last ones I inform."

"Oh.. I see."

"I'm assuming the first would be the princess, is it not?" Cereo questioned.

"That's information that'll remain with me and no one else."

At this point all three comrades had been going through the mountains together for some time. The linearity of the place slowly began to disappear.

"Hm.. there seems to be quite a few potential paths for us to take here. Any ideas for which one will inevitably lead to the parasitic source?" Cereo looked around.

In thought, Blank answered. "During our travels, you mentioned that the old trash said the cave was covered in red crystals. If that's the case, then locating any trace of those red crystals would be a solid start."

"I'll help!" Firose yelped. She then instantly began to search for anything red and shiny.

"Locate the red crystals. Yes.. that seems to be the most logical course of action. Allow me to search then." With insane speed, Cereo soared around the area attempting to locate something that resembled a red crystal. Blank did the same.

While searching, Firose lowered her head near a flower. "Awh, how pretty." She smiled. A gigantic worm then burst from below, destroying the gorgeous sight. It's skin was boiling, even bubbling around the outside. Gruesome pieces of slimy dirt dripped off its body, and hit the floor before disintegrating. "Oh... you're not pretty." she looked up at the creature, not changing her expression at all.

The worm screamed and howled, opening a mouth it had near its face revealing a set of teeth sharper than razor blades. It charged downward, preparing to bite through Firose, when it's head was removed by done other than Cereo.

"And, we have our first encounter with one of the apparent grotesque creatures that reside up here. Are you uninjured, Firose?"

"Um.." she looked down at herself. "Yep! I'm fine! No need to worry at all!"

More worms burst from the ground all around them, surrounding the two. "Splendid, let us keep it that way then. Shall we?" Cereo rocketed in different directions, using the blades he made back at Frace Village to turn the worms into piles of flesh.

Blank appeared, and slashed a few of them with his knife. But.. that wasn't all they had to deal with. Moments later, a worm the size of all the others combined joined the fight. It obliterated some nearby trees, looking more like it was freaking out rather than using targeted attacks.

Leaping into the air, Cereo pummeled his knee into the middle of the humongous worm. It was sent flying into the air, and, splattered into blood when Cereo finished it off with a strange gun he had just made out of some of the mountain rock.

"Could you have killed it in a more disgusting manner?" Wiping blood from his face, Blank narrowed his eyes.

"Apologies, Blank, but my method of battle will not be altered to maintain your cleanliness."

"Here ya go Blank!" With a smile, Firose pulled a handkerchief from her pocket, and extended it to him. "This should get you cleaned up pretty fast, just uhh.. keep it okay!"

"Tch.." Blank accepted her offer. "Yeah, I'll do that."

Some time passed. The sun was slowly disappearing from the sky. Cereo watched it lower, and sat on a log. "I'm pleased to see that the beasts up on this here mountain remain no match to people such as myself and Blank. Though I cannot say my mood is the same for our progress toward locating the cave."

"That's because our progress toward locating the cave has been utter garbage." Blank sat nearby, on the ground. "It shouldn't even be called progress, not even a single crystal was found. I guess different methods will need to be put in place tomorrow."

"Huh?" Firose stood nearby, and titled her head. "Ohhh, I almost forgot to tell you guys. I found some crystals."

Cereo and Blank quickly turned toward her. "What?!"

"Yep. They're right over... there!" Her hand pointed at a distant wall. A part of the mountain that was completely vertical.

"We may have found one who's even more of an idiot than you, Cereo."

"Calm yourself Blank. These are the infamous northside mountains we're speaking of. Don't dismiss Firose's seemingly preposterous statement just yet."

Firose watched Cereo slowly approach where she had pointed. She put a finger on her lip. "Uhh, are you guys trying to say you can't see it?"

"That's exactly the case. But.. allow me to investigate." Pressing a hand against the cold mountain, Cereo looked up. "Nothing here seems to indicate that there's any sort of hidden location." he thought. "But to think it would be in plain sight is foolish."

"Well?" Blank was now next to him. "Found anything to support your belief in the girl?"

"Firose. And no, I only arrived here a moment ago. Discovering a hidden object could prove to be difficult."

That's when... Firose walked past them, appearing to phase through the mountain. The astonishment on Cereo and even Blank's face was clear. She returned from inside the solid wall holding a glistening red crystal between her fingers. "Look, see I told ya. Even if for some reason you guys can't see them, the pretty red crystals really are right here!"

"Not possible..! That-.."

"That confirms it." Cereo gently took the crystal from Firose, and examined it. "The crystals truly are beyond this wall. Now though, we are faced with a new dilemma entirely." He returned his attention to the wall. "Why are you and I, Blank, unable to travel or even see beyond this part of the mountain."

0