How it all Starts
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Warning: Triggering scene, suicide. Kindly skip!

 

.. . ..

2020 Modern World

"Let's end this!"

Lilian took off her engagement ring and throw it away. It pains her to call off their wedding but looking at her fiancé, Yuan. She knows she's doing the right thing.

She just caught her fiancé making love with her friend, Tiana.

"Good. I don't love you anyway." Her ex-fiancé shrugged her off and return on the bed with Tiana. "Close the door when you leave."

She was heartbroken after she left.

She gave him everything, her youth, money, love, and body. But it's not enough for him.

She was orphaned since she was a child. No one adopt her when she turned 18 she had to leave the orphanage. She was lonely and outcast, happiness was a strange word for her.

When she met Yuan, he was her everything. He makes her happy and loved. But she never thought he would also teach him what is pain and helplessness.

The world was too much for her. She can't handle the pain and depression. She decided to end it once and for all.

"I just want to live and be happy! Why can't you give me my simple wish?" Lilian shouted, hoping that the above would hear it.

She looked at the dark water below. "Let's be happy in our next life." She smiled bitterly before she jumped from the cliff.

Since she was a little, she let fate decide for her.

Fate to meet his ex-fiancé.

Fate to fall in love.

Fate to be broken.

And now, she decided to take her own fate.

.. . ..

Gang Dynasty

But fate wants to play jokes on her. Fate brought her to the Mu mansion and now she's Mu Lian!

It took a month for Lilian to comprehend and accept that she was really transmigrated in Gang Dynasty. She never heard of this Dynasty, she never even dreamed that she will be transmigrated!

Her parents were Mu Huang Ji and Mu Zhi Ru, they took care of her until she gets better. Lilian was so touched on how Huang Ji and Zhi Ru took care of her.

Hers and Mu Lians face do resemble a little. She admits that Mu Lians face was more beautiful than hers. She's using Mu Lians body and face, she promised to take care of it. Along with the promise, she will now forget her old life and misery, she decided to forget Lilian. The girl who lived in sadness and a broken heart. Lilian has already died when she jumped from that cliff.

And Mu Lian was born.

"Young madam, wake up!" Mu Lian heard Jien Ji her maidservant called her. "Breakfast was now prepared by Madam Ru."

She groaned and lazily gets up. She usually wakes up early in her modern world. But after living in this world, she became idle. Maybe because she always feels weak.

She knows that 'Mu Lian's body was weak, she tried to nourish 'this' body by eating a lot and mini-exercise, however, she ends up having a fever. She thinks, she just needs to eat more healthy food. She stops eating pork and eat more vegetable and fruits, however, she ends up starving. She thinks of another way, and that is to have a balanced diet, she'll eat three times a day. And breakfast is the important meal of the day. She didn't skip breakfast since then.

"Let me help you, Miss." Her servant offered.

"Nah, I can wear my robe." She refused with a smile.

Jien Ji can't help to be astonished by Mu Lians smile. Her miss was already beautiful to look at and very kind. But after her accident, Jien Ji noticed the changes on Mu Lian. She doesn't smile often and she always looked loss. Yet now, Mu Lian always smiles, she's energetic and always play around.

Jien Ji was happy about Mu Lians change. It worries her sometimes. But as long as her miss was happy and healthy, she's fine.

"Let's go now!" Mu Lian happily left her room.

She's wearing a mint green hanfu. She decided to let her hair down with a simple braid. There's a faint blush on her cheeks and tint red lipstick. She's not extraordinarily beautiful nor eye-catching. But the servants think otherwise.

Their young miss was so elegant and refined, beautiful and docile, she's lovely in everything she does. Compare to the women in the capital, their miss might not be the number one beauty, but at least she's in top 3.

Living in this world, Lily tried to gather more information about Mu Lian. The 'body' she had been using for a month now. She learned that Mu Lian accidentally fell off the cliff and was comatose for six months. Mu Lian was 21 years old and was betrothed to Gang Chu Fan a young general and a second prince. Mu family lives in seclusion but not too far from the capital, master Mu Huang Ji was a teacher at Gang Xuéyuàn (Gang College) and was a trusted royal adviser of the emperor. While madam Mu Zhi Ru was a housewife. Their home was simple and homey, it was full of trees and herbs.

Mu family was not powerful, but people respect them. The emperor was a good friend of Mu Huang Ji once offered him to be a minister, but he refused. The emperor respects Mu Huang Ji decision and bestowed him a marriage of their child.

Everyone thought that she had an amnesia, so she doesn't need to pretend to be a muddled headed.

"Lian'er come!" Zhi Ru enthusiastically hugs her daughter.

"Good morning, mama." Lily never had parents before, but now she had a beautiful parent. "Good morning papa!"

Huang Ji smiled at her daughter "Come and let's eat."

Mu Lian sits between Zhi Ru and Huang Ji. She feels sad for the original owner, but at the same time thankful for her.

"Drink your herbal tea Lian'er. I specially bought this in the capital. They said that it will make you healthy." Zhi Ru gave her a cup.

She skeptically looks at the green liquid, she likes drinking tea but not herbal teas. On her modern-day, they taste good, but in this era, they're all bitter. "Thank you mother, b-but... I'm okay." She refused.

"Ay you need to drink this." She insists. "I don't want to see you sick again, I hate seeing lifeless in bed an--."

"Ay--ah Stop mother, I'll drink, I'll drink!" she can't help but feel guilty. The owner of 'this' body had passed away and now she's using it, she also needs to take care of it. She knows that her mother was just tricking her it works somehow.

"Drink it in one go." Her mother suggested.

She can't help but grimaced due to the bitter taste. She wants to throw it up but she knows too well that her mother would get angry.

"Well done, well done!" Her mother praised after she drunk it.

"Sorry, Lian'er you need to drink that. You need to be healthy, bear with it a little." Huang Ji her father consoled her. "Eat this."

The candy washed away the bitter taste. She was grateful to her father's thoughtfulness.

"Now, now let's eat. Breakfast is getting cold."

Mu Lian can't help but smile lovingly to her parents. They are caring and loved her fully. She won't waste this second chance of life. This time, she won't let fate decide for her. She will be happy!

'I will be happy!'

 

 

.. . ..

 

1