Chapter 13 – Supervisor’s permission
1.1k 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After washing my hair and body under the waterfall I finally felt clean once more. Running my fingers through my now soft hair I unconsciously formed a tiny smile on my lips. After a few moments of hesitation I walked towards Mother Deity as she was relaxing near the shoreline while keeping an ever watchful eye on her surroundings. I wanted to avoid going near the lively children as they would probably drag me into all kinds of dangers. They were slightly bigger than myself, so I wanted to avoid getting into contact with all that energy they carried around.

As I approached Mother Deity I took slow and steady steps. When nearing her she lazily opened her left eye giving me an uninterested glance as she quickly ignored my existence once more. Feeling encouraged I stretched out my naughty right hand trying to touch that soft looking fur.

I was very envious inside. The soft looking texture of her white fur baited me into creeping closer and closer until I finally rested my palm against it. Getting no response I felt further encouraged as I started stroking it slowly. With my right hand touching Deity's fur I slowly moved my left hand to stroke my own hair. Very envious indeed. I only had hair on top of my head but Deity had such soft fur all over. Looking down I felt even more envious.

I used to be pretty proud about my slender looking figure but now I wanted to have fur instead of this bare skin. Gritting my teeth I chose to ruffle Deity even more in a vain attempt at revenge. After a few moments deity finally lazily opened her eyes with a reprimanding look in her eyes as she smacked me with her tail which caused me to fall rear first into the lake behind.

As I hit the water I only felt even more envious as her tail also had a soft fluffy texture...

 

Feeling lazy I stayed in the water and floated on my back. As I slowly drifted down with the current, Mother Deity would growl at me when I got too far away. If I dared to ignore the first growl she would come pick me up and spit me out into the middle of the lake... That only happened once...

 

Feeling hungry I looked around my surroundings. Taking a few deep breaths I tried to sharpen my senses. This area actually contained quite a bit of pure mana. Especially down below ground. Taking a distance from the children and making sure that I had my supervisor's permission I dropped down to my knees and pressed both palms against the soft grass as I once again focused my mind.

Feeling my blood rushing through my veins I focused on that faint feeling below the ground as I beckoned it towards me. My hands felt warm as the blue blood in my veins became slightly visible through my pale white skin. I've never really paid that much attention to how I looked when I drained mana. As I concentrated more and more the blue veins became more and more vivid as I felt that familiar feeling of mana running through my veins.

 

27