Chapter 14 – Unfamiliar feelings
1.1k 6 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feeling satisfied. I sat down on the grass to slowly absorb the erratic mana flowing through me. Without an external core to store it in I tried my best to completely absorb it. As time passed I managed to calm the erratic mana and slowly fuse it together with my blood letting it slowly pulse through me.

Letting out a slight breath of air I finally relaxed my tense body as I glanced around my surroundings. The three children had finally stopped splashing around in the lake and were currently sunbathing alongside mother deity. The four of them made out a tranquil scene as the wind's soft strokes made their fur slightly flow with the breeze. With only the nearby waterfall breaking the otherwise soothing atmosphere. 

As time seemingly standing still a sudden rustle of leaves made father deity's presence known. He confidently strode up to the four relaxing beasts as a slight growl escaped its mouth. Mother deity and the children slowly stirred to life as father deity spit out some blackish cores from its mouth.

Looking closely, the mana density seem quite good from over here. Feeling my stuffed stomach I was just barely able not to let drool run down from my mouth. Apparently father deity had been out hunting beasts and brought home quite a large haul for the family. I was currently sitting approximately 60 meters away from the five of them. After a short while mother deity looked over towards me and growled in her usual commanding tone.

Confused, I slowly walked towards the five of them as the three children each nibbled on a core between their front paws. The mana core from a beast was very different from the once I've made before. My cores were uniform and beautiful. These were like lumps of rock...

As I arrived in front of mother deity she took one of the black cores in her mouth and held it between her teeth. I was even more confused now. Seeing that I had no reaction she gave a low growl and moved her head up and down slightly as she inched forward a bit more.

Now somewhat understanding I cautiously took the black core from her mouth and held it in my hands. I was not feeling even the slightest attraction towards it since I've just eaten...  As I received the core mother deity went back to her place and started eating one of the cores herself. As I stood there I was in a bind. Did she want me to eat this? No way I could do it like them...

Sitting down next to one of the children I studied the black core. The mana inside it was almost only common grade mana. I decided to just keep it in my left hand, that way I could find some use for it later...

 

When the sun began to set across the horizon. Mother deity and the children slowly made their way towards the cave behind the waterfall. As I mindlessly followed behind I looked back towards father deity as he stood still while gazing towards the open sky. A brief moment later a familiar low growl made me pick up my phase as I ran through the waterfall into the cave.

As I sat down in the middle of the grassy floor. One of the children came towards me with much less vigilance than before. It laid down besides me as its breathing slowly became more and more relaxed. Without much thought I ran my hand through its fur while stroking it up and down gently. I had not figured out why I was brought here by mother deity but this was currently not that bad considering the situation.

As time passed everyone besides me and mother deity had fallen asleep. The three children surrounded me with their soft fur as mother deity kept close watch over us. Slowly laying down with my back towards one of the small rascals I slowly closed me eyes.

 

These five lifeforms were the first ones I've ever interacted with in my life. At first I felt scared when I met mother deity in the forest. But as it brought me no harm throughout today I slowly let my tense nerves slowly relax. Father deity even gave me a black core... Even thought I still haven't used it. As I held it in my left hand I could feel the dense mana within it. So it should have matured for quite a while. So I might figure out something tomorrow...

 

As I slowly drifted off to sleep once again I curled closer and closer to the soft blanket as I felt that comfortable, yet unfamiliar feeling of someone elses warmth.

29