Chapter 17 – Father deity on watch
963 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***Unknown location: Anbriot's Forest

Stretching my limps as I woke up I looked around the cave. The three children were still lying around me sleeping. Slowly making my way outside the encirclement I walked towards the outside with slow steps as I kept trying to rub the remaining sleep out of my eyes. These days I've gotten more and more used to sleeping. The only downsides were my sore body and cloudy vision.

When I arrived outside the cave I subconsciously glanced around looking for mother deity. Seeing the big pile of fur in its usual spot I slowly made my way over. After walking for about ten steps I froze. Living here for the past few days I was feeling quite comfortable around the children and mother deity. But apart from a few meetings my feelings towards father deity was still somewhat guarded.

Sensing my presence he raised his head as he silently watched me. Somewhat unsure about my next move I chose to just stand still and observe as well. 

After a short moment father deity slowly stood up as he made his way over towards me. His size surprised me once again. Standing a meter in front of me he was really large... At least four times my height. I could somewhat describe mother deity as the gentle version of these two parents. My eyes unconsciously traced around his soft looking fur as I wondered if the texture was as nice as mother deity...

In my own thoughts I failed to notice the incoming danger as father deity pushed me with his nose. Sitting on my rear I looked up at him with a puzzled expression as I wondered what I did wrong this time. This is the second time he pushed me! When I saw his 'expression' I felt dejected as I received an reprimanding look.

Feeling wronged I suddenly got a spark of fighting spirit as I crawled back on my feet as I looked him in the eyes. I slowly moved slightly to the left as I kept my eyes locked with his.

In the next second I threw myself towards him in an attempt at causing maximum damage with my momentum. I quickly latched onto his leg and attached myself as tightly as possible. Feeling like I've one upped him I slowly turned my gaze to the left as I wanted to annoy him further. But as I looked over I almost cried. My best attack was completely ignored as he started slowly walking towards the lake with me still attached. The ride was extremely tough and I almost fell off multiple times as I kept a tight hold around his foreleg. After arriving at the edge of the lake I suddenly got a really bad feeling as I once again turned my gaze around. The next thing I remember was lying in the water on my back with that familiar smell of drool dripping down my face... He had thrown me in the lake like mother deity... 

A few minutes later the three children came out of the cave and ran towards father deity with wagging tails. As they arrived they threw themselves at him trying to climb up on his back. When father deity pushed one of them with his nose and the child did not fall over he glanced over me with an approving look flashing through his eyes for a brief moment before turning back towards the children as they played on.

Completely complexed about the situation. All I could do was bottling up my frustration for a later date.

 

29