Chapter 18 – Resolution
936 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unable to make sense of my own feelings I sat in the water and sulked quietly as I watched father deity patiently fight off the children's chaotic attempts at getting on his back.

My previous treatment kinda made sense after watching the children for a while. Apparently we were all subject to the same treatment by father deity. The only difference was that they were not failures like me apparently. Their physical prowess even as children far surpassed my own. They even got close a few times when they suddenly mounted a combined attack at father deity.

While looking at them I understood the difference between me and them. I was born without any parents. I only had myself in that small clearing as I had to figure out what I needed to eat. I felt kinda lucky being born somewhat brighter than these three children as they ran around with their silly wagging tails. But looking at them I felt that nature really balanced it all out somewhat in the end. I had the foresight and the ability to survive by myself. If these three youngsters had been in my place and needed to find their own food hours after being born I doubt they would get far. But right now father deity patiently prepared them for their future lives...

Looking at father deity's somewhat pleased expression when he fought off his children I felt a surge of optimism. I'll just have to find a way to get stronger with what I have. I might not be strong physically but I'll use what I have to prove myself. 

While I sorted out my thoughts I felt grateful towards father deity as I finally understood what he tried to do...

 

After getting kidnapped by mother deity I was given the same treatment as everyone else. I don't know what made mother and father deity pick me up and take care of me. But I still felt grateful. My instinct to collect the condensed mana in my surroundings drove me to wander around searching. My rational mind kept telling me that I wanted to explore the world, but as I walked around I only did the same thing again and again. What good would collecting all the mana in the world do me? I would still be weak and without any other purpose than following my basic instincts... 'Collect and consume' felt so natural.

Thinking about father and mother deity I felt that even though their behavior was unknown to me. They had something I did not. Experience in life. When I walked around and mother deity picked me up I did not understand the dangers that lurked around. If mother deity wanted to she could've ended my brief life in an instant.

The thought process behind them now treating me as one of their own still baffled me... for now I can only attribute it to me being a special case...

 

Having thought it through for a while I quickly stood up from the water as I made a firm decision in my mind.

I don't know where this choice would take me. But I wanted something special out of life. For the first time in my life I really felt like I wanted something dearly.

Looking over at father deity for a short second I turned around and walked to the opposite side of the lake with clenched fists.

31