Chapter 19 – Making rocks.
908 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting down on the grass I looked down towards my palms as I thought about my first move. Saying something is different than actual doing it..

I could easily drain mana into my body or form a simple mana core in my palm using my instincts... But that was about it... Wondering for a moment I realized what I needed to do. My first step should be forming an object outside my experience. I'll drain the mana and pass it through my body as I used to do. That would make it easier than actually forming the object with foreign mana. Happy with my planned course of action I immediately began my first test.

Looking around for some inspiration I picked up a small rock lying on the ground as I studied it intently with my senses. Rubbing the surface and smelling it. Putting it up to my eyes as I tried to imprint its rugged shape into my mind.

When I at last ran my mana through the object I faintly sensed the inner structure of the rock as I formed a clear picture in my mind.

Putting the rock down in front of me. I placed my left palm on the grass and my right hand on my left knee with my palm facing upwards. Slowly activating my power I ran through the information about the rock in my mind as I pulled the required mana from the ground through my body and directed the flow to my right palm. Slowly as the mana flowed through my blood. The intense mana caused my blood to get excited as the familiar blue hue started showing through my skin. Steadily I remained in a trance-like state as I watched the rock slowly forming in my palm. The ground beneath my left palm felt hot to the touch and as the rock was finalized I felt a deep sense of fatigue. This was the first object I've ever formed out of mana. The first object I made using the pebbles in the ground as the foundation. And when I tried to pay my way out of troubles with deity mother I also used the plant and the dead leaves as a medium. 

Forming an object from the ground up truly was harsh on my weak body. But looking the still slightly hot rock in my hand I felt a deep sense of accomplishment. Lifting up my left palm from the ground, a delicate palm print was formed on the bare soil. The grass under my palm had died due to the intense flow of mana. The soil were considered dead elements and could easily carry this amount of mana flowing through with only getting slightly warm. If I were to pull extreme amounts of mana through, it would probably melt. Grass were quite delicate as it is considered an 'lifeform' because of the cells in its structure.

If I wanted to make bigger objects I would have to store the mana in cores as I usually did... I'll have to test out how much I can draw through the ground while still passing it safely through my body. I'll also have to test out if I can draw out mana directly from my surroundings and avoid pulling it through my body...

My veins were still slightly blue due to the recent trail as I began to wonder about how I should make a new core... I could use yesterday's dinner as the foundation maybe. Then I could probably make a rather good one... The black core I got from father deity yesterday was lying inside the cave....

After getting it I was back at my old spot again. This time I'll make a good one! Holding the black core in my right hand I readied myself as usual. I light of my recent success I wanted to make the world's greatest core. But I had to be realistic. I did not have enough trust in myself to make it like I made the rock... So I pressed my left hand back onto my old palm print on the soil as I put the black core on the ground next to it. I then pressed down my remaining palm on top of the black core as I imagined the result.

As I felt the usual heat on my left and right palm I slowly began to form pictures in my mind as I guided the mana into the form I desired.

The result was pretty good. Because of the black core being used as the foundation. The new mana core was blackish in color but otherwise looked like the one I made back in the clearing. Pretty happy with the result I chose to continue testing out my powers. Slowly filling up the core I would try and control the flow slightly differently each time as I soon found a pretty efficient way of doing it.

While working tirelessly for a few hours I finally sensed a bit of progress in my training. Now that I look back I felt kinda brutish as I would force the mana through my body and push it into the core. But now I finally got a bit of fine control over the mana as I steadily guided it along. This also caused me to more efficiently make rocks. When the sun started setting across the canopy I was pulled out of my concentration as a deep familiar growl came from the entrance to the cave. Looking back I could see mother deity standing there looking slightly displeased as she waited for me to comply.

31