Chapter 20 – Growing up ever so slightly
881 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking into the cave...

With a cautious look on my face I stood at the entrance while looking at deity mother's expression. In my arms tightly pressed against my chest I had my newly formed core. While making it I clearly remembered how I had lost my previous one as my arms subconsciously tightened even more. I had spend a few valuable hours filling it to the brim with mana for tonight. I was not going to let this one go without a fight.

I looked at her with 'no chance' look plastered across my face as I suddenly ran past her into the cave.

As I arrived at the inner part of the cave. Father deity was lying on his stomach with heavy breathing. While looking at him I wondered.. A day's worth of playing should not have made him this tired right? Still standing near the entrance mother deity slowly walked past me over towards father deity.

He let out a slight growl as he raised his head up to greet mother deity. She walked over to him as she licked him gently on the side...

I remembered when I had gotten myself hurt back when I left the jungle. I also felt tired and had slept for quite a while afterwards. Was that the reason that mother deity had left during the day and father deity had stayed behind to watch over the children?

A sour feeling spread across my heart as I gazed at the pair. Looking down at the increasingly heavy core in my arms I felt dejected for some reason. The bad taste in my mouth only intensified as I kept thinking about it. He should've been hurt last night but I only just noticed it now. I'm pretty self-centered...

After mulling it over for a second. I felt like I needed to do something that I never thought was possible.

Walking over to father deity I was greeted with the same old growl from him. Seeing him worlds apart from his own self I gritted my teeth as I placed the core right in front of him and turned around to run away from it all.

When reached the place the children were sleeping soundly I glanced behind me when I heard that heart crushing sound of my labor being eaten. But after a few seconds my body felt more refreshed and even I myself had not noticed the small smile on my lips.

The rest of the night passed uneventful without any training. Sometimes one of the children sleeping around me in the middle would kick me while they slept and dreamed about who knows what...

31