Chapter 32 – The floating tree
721 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a what felt like forever we finally started to slow down. As the winds finally started to quiet down I slowly raised my face from father deity's fur as I took in my surroundings with a dazed look.

We were currently somewhere I did not recognize. Standing on a hill somewhere overlooking a large part of the forest. The view was really breathtaking. Beasts that I've never seen before soared through the sky. They looked like somewhat like the birds I've been used to seeing chirping and hiding between the branches. But these birds did not give out that soothing atmosphere. It was hard to judge from my perspective, but they looked absolutely huge even from down here.

I were never the one to judge distance accurately. But somewhere around 2 miles out something weird could be seen soaring through the sky. It looked like a giant tree floating through the sky at a quick phase. On top of the tree a bunch of other straight trees were lined up in a line. The giant tree had leaves made out of the something similar to the plants I found in the square. Maybe the same beasts made that flying tree? The square was made out of a lot of branches as well...

With increasingly curiosity I tried to make sense out of the unfamiliar sight in front. Father deity was looking towards the flying tree with red eyes as his fur were like leaves in the wind as it moved along the strong breeze on top of the hill.

Suddenly a sharp light came out from a figure standing on top of the floating tree. The light pierced through the sky as it chased the flying beast around in the air before finally reaching its target. A wave rippled through the air as the wind suddenly died down before I felt a strong shock pass through my body as I were pushed half a meter backwards. Looking stunned towards the sight in front of me with half closed eyes. The beast in the air had suddenly been blown into pieces. A sudden bestial voice suddenly filled the sky as the other flying beasts were enraged by the death of their comrade.

As the fighting in the sky intensified the floating tree came to an halt as it slowly spew lighting and fire into the sky. The beasts found their numbers slowly dwindling until there were only empty silence. It was quite hard for me to clearly see the victorious beasts on the floating tree but I could somehow make out their silhouettes. One of the more clearly visible beasts were standing on a tall branch on the end of the floating tree and waved its arms in the air. 

As the interesting events passed I slowly returned back to the real world as I took a glance towards father deity.

He was currently standing the exact same way as before. The only difference were the sharp look floating past its gaze as it slowly studied the floating tree.

As the flying tree started moving towards our position the scene changed abruptly. For every second that passed. Father deity's fangs would dig further and further into the hard stone beneath us. Suddenly he gave a low growl towards the sky as he glanced down at me. I somewhat understood that father deity were extremely displeasure about that floating tree coming towards us.

 

Trying to somewhat lessen my presence I slowly crept backwards away to hide myself from this great deity's soon to be eruption... I felt kinda awkward that I were unable to read the situation and had been extremely excited about the fight... As soon as I had slowly backed a few meters away I stood in silence to wait for father deity's next move.

The flying tree were currently about a mile away and even I could somewhat clearly see the beasts on the flying tree. The tree were formed in an unnatural shape. That weird soft material was spread between four branches coming up from the middle. The branches had different heights and stood in a straight line through the middle. A weird symbol was engraved on the leaves in red. The weirdest thing about it were the mana running through it.... Before I could finish my thoughts, something happened.

25