Chapter 33 – Territorial display
714 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The change were instant. Looking back a few days, as Father deity played around with the children. Pushing them around as they tried to climb onto his back. The harsh, yet loving play between father and children. The low growls and gentle punishments seemed so distant in this very moment.

As the floating tree crept closer and closer. I could clearly feel the change. The mana trapped within my blood boiled in excitement, as the laws of nature itself rejoiced in an simplistic yet intricate show of force. I've often wondered about how strong beasts were out there in the forest. When I first saw father deity being hurt, I thought about how powerful the world out there would be. If someone as big and strong as father deity could get hurt. What about me then? How would I have survived out there if not for fate playing its cards in my favor?

As my throat grew dry, I silently watched Father deity with opened eyes for the first time.

Like the definition of a territorial beast he unleashed an earth-shattering howl into the air towards the intruder. His eyes grew increasingly red as more and more mana were released from its shackles. Even my senses slowly dulled as the overwhelming mana surged in all directions. Falling to my knees I kept my eyes straight and locked my gaze forward. This show of absolute power reverberated throughout my blood as I slowly felt my body respond in a chorus of excitement.

In a white flash Deity vanished from before my eyes as the pressure shook the hill to its core as small pieces of soil and rocks exploded in all directions. I mindlessly starred towards the forest in front of me. Completely ignoring the numerous blue streaks of blood tickling down my left arm.

In the span of a microsecond, a loud sonic boom ripped through the sound of falling rocks and braking trees, as if my thoughts followed Father deity a moment too late. In a clearing about 500 meters away from me a third strike happened. Trees and other objects too far to make out clearly spread out from the center as Father deity manifested like a bad dream.

A second later a powerful howl filled with even more rage ripped through my eardrums as I tried to block out the sound with my hands.

 

The beasts on the flying tree were running around and a moment later it stood still in the middle of the air. Having difficulty seeing I slowly got on my feet as I stood in the same spot as Father deity. Looking at the scene I audibly gulped.

24