Chapter 34 – Towards Anbriot’s Forest (Part one)
711 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

****10 hours earlier

*** Deck of the Auridian: At the edge of Anbriot's Forest.

With the invention of modern manatech. A rapid modernization spread across the continent as it simplified and brought ease-of-life to even the most remote corners of the continent. The invention and development were largely connected to the Labal Kingdom as they pioneered the technology. The Labal Kingdom were situated in a largely dry region of the continent and were highly dependent on import from nearby kingdoms to survive. Luckily they had access to great mineral wealth and were able to form trade relations with their neighbors. The King of Labal knew that mineral resources were finite and decided to support various researchers to hopefully turn the tide one day. Approximately 200 years after his death, it paid off when the royal research institute developed manatech. This single event changed the face of Labal ever since. Labal is now commonly known as the capital of magic. The infertile land surrounding the capital has changed to support crops and their export of manatech quickly propelled them into one of the most powerful nations on the continent.

 

 

Senna was currently standing on the bridge while a man was giving her directions.

"Can you see that area over there?" Richard said while pointing out into the air. After Richard and his two friends had delivered their report to Guild Master Henrik. Richard had formally requested to be brought along on the trip into Anbriot's Forest. Henrik had accepted the request because of Richard's talents concerning mana signatures and observation. Which were valuable skills to have on a trip like this one.

"You mean that weird looking part of the forest?" She asked while looking through her binoculars.

"Yes. Do you see that hill on the left side? We'll hover over there to make sure it's safe before landing inside" Richard slowly explained in a clear voice as he pointed towards a small hill on the left side. When he saw Senna looking through her binoculars he put his finger down and just kept describing the area as he saw it.

"Yeah yeah I got it" Senna mumbled as she continued to pilot the airship towards their destination.

 

Before Senna took off. Henrik had called her in for a meeting and explained what had happened before in brief detail as he told her to bring some of the Explorer's Guild's people with her for protection. Senna had naturally agreed but was slightly worried about space onboard. But right now when she saw how close all the researchers and mages stood while they discussed she quickly forgot about it.

A couple of the Magican's Guild's high ranked members were solemnly standing guard as they kept their eyes peeled for any unwanted company as they slowly crept closer and closer to their destination. The Explorer's Guild's members were casually enjoying the view above the forest as they kept their minds occupied by some casual conversation.

After a few minutes of flying they finally found themselves arriving at their destination.

The Explorer's quickly jumped down from the ship and landed on the small hill while the airship hovered steadily.

While looking around they found nothing of note as one of them turned towards Senna and quickly flashed some hand signals.

Senna then looked towards Orrlin whom was standing right besides her as she waited for his approval.

"There's currently nothing to worry about young lady" he said in a low solemn voice as she gave his approval for landing.

"Okay Sir Orrlin" she responded in a respectful voice as she slowly steered the ship down on the flat ground.

Orrlin was one of three high ranked members of the Magican's Guild in Kurusha. She had often heard stories of his exploits while she were young from her grandfather. So she naturally gave him the respect he deserved.

 

 

19