Chapter 38 – Towards Anbriot’s Forest (Part five)
718 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the last of the flying beast fell down towards the ground in a fiery fireball a loud cheer once again erupted as relief and adrenaline rushed through everyone onboard.

The only one not cheering were non other than Orrlin. At his usual spot next to Senna he looked out towards the horizon towards a large hill overlooking the forest. His eyebrows once again being the only sign of his unusual state of mind. Senna being next to him clearly felt that something were wrong. She followed Orrlin's gaze as she put her binoculars up to her eyes.

Orrlin and Senna stood in silence as they absentmindedly gazed.

Orrlin might be able to sense something clearly. But with Senna's binocular everything were visible.

On the large hill overlooking the forest, a giant wolf like beast stood as it menacingly starred right back into her soul. The crimson eyes felt like a sharp sword slowly creeping across your throat in your sleep. Completely unable to respond. But that was not the most astonishing sight that awaited Senna's eyes.

Like a surreal picture from a dream. A beautiful human girl stood next to the wolf like the most natural thing. Her expression were filled with wonder and curiosity as she starred back towards them. Unlike the wolf. The girl seemed harmless.. almost spiritual standing there. The wind blew softly as the wolf and girl's hair slowly waved through the breeze. The picture was captivating. The girl's hair seemed like it had just come out victorious against the whitest snow. Her skin were pale white. But not the least bit sickly looking. Her eye color was white as her hair and she wore a wolf's fang around her neck in a beautiful delicate looking chain. As Senna finished explaining the situation to herself in her mind. She crossed out a statement she made earlier as she muttered in a low voice only audible to Orrlin

"She ain't human. Impossible"

After her words fell, she seemingly pulled out Orrlin from his own world as he put his hand on her shoulder and tightly squeezed as he said "Turn around. We're not welcome here. We should make camp further out"

The moment he finished his sentence. Orrlin's face slightly paled as an earth-shattering howl filled the sky. The airships manatech sails ruptured as intense mana were released throughout the area.

Senna reacted quickly and tore out the core from the ships console. Saving the most important part of the circuit. The sails were completely ruined now. So the only power they had were the core. If they lost this one they would've been stranded with this monster.

Orrlin had ran forward to see the situation clearly. But what he saw surprised even him. They were close enough for him to barely being able to see the giant silhouette watching them from the hill. Apparently infuriated with their presence it suddenly vanished from Orrlin's vision as the figure blurred. A split second later he could finally gaze at the imposing beast in front of his eyes. 

The beast had moved about 500 meters towards them and cut them off halfway. As it arrived it had shattered the surroundings and made a clearing in the middle of the once dense forest. A moment after it arrived another ear shattering howl were released. The airship shook alongside the ground below as the monster below us warned us.

Senna had once again pulled up her binoculars to figure out the situation. She knew that going forward was like asking for a fight with that thing down there. Suddenly remembering something she pulled up her vision and returned to the girl on the hill.

The girl was standing where the wolf had once stood. Her eyes were clued towards the wolf below as blue liquid seeped down her arm. Before I could see anything else Orrlin suddenly pulled my hand.

 

24