Chapter 39 – Middle ground
710 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the airships' manatech lost its steady supply of mana, Senna had to make a quick choice. The sails were ruined and only supplied a fraction of their usual mana. After she removed the airship's main core, the airship slowly started to shut down. Manatech would not immediately shut down if their source of power were removed. The circuits themselves were able to store a bit of mana. And after the long travel here they were completely saturated. This combined with the sails low but steady supply allowed the airship to stay afloat until now. The airship's circuit and power delivery were designed so the last thing to run out were the engines that provided lift.

"Senna!" Orrlin shouted as he tightened his grip on Senna's hand.

"Just keep it steady! Okay?!" Orrlin repeated his previous words as he starred into Senna's eyes.

Orrlin's loud words managed to pull Senna out of her thoughts as she nodded nervously.

"I need to reinstall the core as soon as possible. Or we'll soon start losing altitude rapidly..."

Senna slowly said as her left hand tightly grasped around the airship's core in her hand.

"Do it. We can't afford any sudden movements"

Orrlin's slow and steady voice managed to mask the inner turmoil in his mind. He felt confident that this white beast were the one described by Richard's friends. He had been present when Richard's friends briefed the researchers. When they described it he clearly remembered their shaken expressions. Standing here he clearly understood their feelings at this very moment.

 

The manatech slowly regained its luster as fresh mana were supplied by the reinstalled core in the console. Senna looked on nervously as the dials and meters turned somewhat back to normal.

"Luckily the circuit seems fine" Senna said as she turned her head around towards Orrlin.

Seeing Orrlin starring towards the white figure in the distance she continued "If we want to get back to Kurusha we'll have to take them from the Magican's Guilds equipment. They wont last all the way but we'll at least get near the border. Then we can land and retrieve some from Karusha....."

"Wait" Orrlin suddenly said as he lifted his hand. He glanced around at the people on the deck.

Orrlin had everyone's attention. As a well respected powerful individual they trusted him. They all knew what they signed up for by going into the inner part of Anbriot's forest. They might never have gone before, but they have still heard stories from those who went before them. They would listen to Orrlin's command. The explorer's Guild and Magican's Guild had both allowed him to make decisions at critical moments such as this.

After a short while he looked at Senna while saying "Back off 100 meters and wait"

Senna understood and reached down for the console.

When Orrlin saw Senna work the controls and slowly backing them off he nodded and continued "We'll not be returning... The beast is clearly territorial, and we haven't taken any casualties. Leaving now would be meaningless. We do not need to reach the Expanse for the tests to be concluded." after a short while he continued while looking at Senna "We'll naturally be able to find a good supply of appropriate cores down in the forest"

 

 

 

25