Chapter 40 – Descend
664 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the flying tree suddenly started to back away slowly, I felt my excitement rapidly die down. Feeling a familiar sensation I turned my gaze downwards away from the flying tree as I studied my arm. A few large gashes still remained, while the smaller ones were all healed, leaving only blue streaks. I tried to rub of my blood with my palm as it slowly crystallized on my skin. Compared to the flying beasts' blood mine were different. It's vibrant hue felt like a testament to its properties as the almost overflowing mana flushed around in every cell. As it crept down my arm I could clearly feel the ticklish feeling as it slowly crystallized.

Wondering about it for a bit I quickly turned my attention towards more immediate issues. The flying tree no longer backed away as it slowly floated midair. I felt so extremely curious about the beasts on the floating tree that I wished I could take a closer look. But remembering Father deity's current mood I slowly crossed out the possibility of sneaking a closer glance...

Father deity was currently a lot less loud as he just silently sat on the ground with his eyes peeled towards the flying tree. He seemed somewhat pleased with his efforts as his tail slowly swiped across the ground in smooth motions.

As I was making my way towards the path down from the hill I suddenly heard a noise that immediately made me freeze mid motion.

Apparently brought forth by Father deity's loud angry voice. Mother deity had made her way here.

As I turned around I met Mother deity's disapproving gaze as she silently glanced me over. Her eyes narrowed as she crept closer and closer. A sudden chill crept up my spine as I took a step backwards. A sudden loud growl made Mother deity pull her gaze away from me as she looked down towards Father deity. The floating tree slowly descended onto the ground in what looked like a small clearing out in the distance. Father deity had apparently found it acceptable as he quickly made his way over towards us.

I glanced in the direction of the descending tree and wondered what would happen later. I really wanted to go take a look at the beasts that flew through the sky in a tree! And such a weirdly shaped on at that! I put on an serious expression as I worked my mind to the limit. Remembering the surrounding landmarks. I knew my sense of navigation lacked severely, but I felt confident that I could overcome it. The problem was that this were pretty far away from the waterfall and I would probably find it quite difficult to get back here without a ride from Father or Mother deity...

As if reading my thoughts Father deity arrived at our side and exchanged a few deep growls with Mother deity. After a short while Father deity looked down towards me for a long while as if in deep thought.

A moment later he looked towards Mother deity and growled before turning around and looking into the distance towards the no longer floating tree. Growling back Mother deity looked towards me before vanishing back from where she came. She had left the children by themselves and were probably in a hurry to get back since she did not even finish punishing me...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

25