Chapter 41 – Similar yet different
680 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a bland expression I looked over at Father deity. I never expected to be left here with him...

He was currently sitting while intently looking towards the weirdly shaped tree in the distance. Following his line of sight I somewhat understood what was going on. I just had no clue why I were here with him.

Sitting down next to Father deity we sat in complete silence. I kept watch not letting my eyes wander for even a second. The view from up here were quite good. However, the weirdly shaped tree were hidden beneath the canopy. We could just barely see the straight branches sticking up slightly above the large trees. This lucky chance might be my shot at seeing the beasts from the flying tree... Sneaking a glance at Father deity's steady expression I still clearly remembered his aggressiveness towards the beasts as they came closer. I highly doubted that he would bring me out on a trip to have a closer look...

After watching for nearly two hours I felt my rear ache slightly as I shuffled around. This spot were not nearly as comfortable as my training spot near the waterfall. That soft grass and soft soil seemed like a distant memory as I quickly became more and more restless.

Slowly standing on my weary legs I stretched out while letting out a soft sigh. I don't understand how Father deity can keep watch all the time. I were absolutely bored out of my mind at this point. The only thing that occasionally changed over at the weird tree was that it slowly ate the large surrounding trees. I did not understand why, but maybe they fed it other trees to make it float?... I were able to convert trees into something else so maybe they did the same to feed the giant tree... It sounded very possible. Maybe they're like me somehow.

Once again my curiosity were peaked as I shuffled around trying to understand them without getting too close... I tried to sense the mana down there without much use. I never really trained my senses all that much... The distance was simply too great for me to overcome...

Standing next to Father deity I followed in his steps and tried to mimic his imposive look as I starred intently towards my target.

 

A few days slowly passed by without much change. I could somehow clearly see the weirdly shaped tree now. My intensive look helped me focus my mind as I slowly strengthened my vision with mana. Over the past few days I've finally figured out a way to see things more clearly from farther away.

The beasts down on the ground near the weirdly shaped tree all looked somehow familiar to me. Their body shaped looked like mine with legs and arms.. But their fur looked really weird. Remembering the plant material in the square I found in the forest it made more sense. They flew in a giant tree and had plants as fur. Really mysterious... The skin that peeked out from their plant fur looked like mine. They even had hair on their heads like me! So different yet so familiar! No wonder they were able to make some partial interesting things. Being so closely related to me they must be quite smart afterall.

With a knowing smile forming on my face I kept studying the beasts from afar.

 

 

 

25